Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rams Don't Pick Up Sullivan's Option
Weird move here, but I'd be interested in bringing him here on a two year deal to help be a coach on the field for Taylor. Let Price play guard and we solidify the interior of the O line.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2019, 02:03 PM)Au165 Wrote: Weird move here, but I'd be interested in bringing him here on a two year deal to help be a coach on the field for Taylor. Let Price play guard and we solidify the interior of the O line.

That would be a good move indeed and wouldn't be a big contract.
Reply/Quote
Absolutely not.

He's fallen off a cliff and I'm not even going by PFF's numbers, which had him graded worse than Price, IIR Price's grade correctly.

No thanks.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2019, 03:26 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Absolutely not.

He's fallen off a cliff and I'm not even going by PFF's numbers, which had him graded worse than Price, IIR Price's grade correctly.

No thanks.

PFF has him graded above Price actually. He wasn't graded great, but to me I am thinking more in terms of line calls in what you'd expect would be a different scheme. Let a guy who has already done it do it and let Price focus on blocking. 
Reply/Quote
If he wants to come in for the vet minimum, sure. But if he's expecting anything close to the $5.25 million he was due in LA, no.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2019, 03:29 PM)Au165 Wrote: PFF has him graded above Price actually. He wasn't graded great, but to me I am thinking more in terms of line calls in what you'd expect would be a different scheme. Let a guy who has already done it do it and let Price focus on blocking. 

Yeah, couldn't remember if it was 59.7 or something or lower.

I want Price to improve; keep him at C, shore up RG.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2019, 03:29 PM)Au165 Wrote: PFF has him graded above Price actually. He wasn't graded great, but to me I am thinking more in terms of line calls in what you'd expect would be a different scheme. Let a guy who has already done it do it and let Price focus on blocking. 

He isis a veteran that should grade better than a rookie, 31 on down side.. pass for 5 million 
Reply/Quote
I'm not sure why no one is talking about signing Washington's OT Ty Nsekhe.
He's stuck behind 2 good Tackles and when he filled in, he did pretty good.

Someone else will have to confirm his PFF grade.

But I would love to give him a shot at RT for 2 years see if he can man it. Pretty sure he's waaaay under rated.

There is also Billy Turner at RG/RT. How did he do via PFF?
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2019, 06:29 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: He isis a veteran that should grade better than a rookie, 31 on down side.. pass for 5 million 

He won’t get five million, that was the option the Rams declined. My guess is he is around 2-2.5 a year.
Reply/Quote

He was graded 52.7 which ranks as the #31 Center.

Price was graded 49.4 which ranks as the #35 Center.

In general, you are pretty bad if you rate in the low 50's.

I remember a couple years ago when the Rams signed Sullivan, many thought he was done.

As a veteran backup, I don't think it would be a bad move if he was cheap. As a starter, we can do better.
Reply/Quote