Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Rams kryptonite?
So I was digging through various Rams boards and sites, and came across a link to this article:

Rams Defense Exposed By Bears

Basically, it says that Gregg Williams' defenses have the most success when getting exotic against 3 and 4 receiver sets. To keep that defense in check, Chicago played almost the entire game out of 12 personnel (1 running back, and 2 tight ends). That personnel group kept the Rams defense from getting nutty with the blitzes, and allowed tremendous flexibility for the Bears (it's nice having Zach Miller and Martellus Bennett). They'd have a tight end on either side of the line, loaded to one side of the line or the other, split out wide, one playing a fullback role, etc...).

The following week, despite having tight ends you've never heard of, the Ravens followed the same formula for the victory.

It seems like with Hewitt, Eifert, Bernard, Green, and Jones the Bengals would be ideally suited to this type of strategy. They can move those guys all over the field without leaving their comfort zone.
Reply/Quote
I'd say the Rams kryptonite is playing a team that isn't in the NFC West that isn't the Browns. Hey look, we fit that! Brace yo'selves RAM-A-LAMA-DING-DONGS!!!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Bengals' kryptonite: NON-Sunday 1pm games

We win

/thread
Reply/Quote
Awesome band name.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Could be their qbs are just trash.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2015, 11:54 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Could be their qbs are just trash.

So are Houston's... oops!
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2015, 11:57 PM)EatonFan Wrote: So are Houston's... oops!

But we had previous beef with Yates and Hoyer.

Files was crap when we beat him back in 2012, we're good.
Reply/Quote
Man, I thought that was a pretty cool article. I also saw 12 personnel being a real strength of this offense... I guess it just doesn't groove with this board.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2015, 12:31 AM)gobobro Wrote: Man, I thought that was a pretty cool article. I also saw 12 personnel being a real strength of this offense... I guess it just doesn't groove with this board.

That was a good find and I hope our coaches either saw the article or saw it for themselves in game tape.  I think it is worth giving a try.  Don't worry about it not "grooving with this board."  Either people are just busy and haven't seen it or they are just missing out.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2015, 12:02 PM)gobobro Wrote: So I was digging through various Rams boards and sites, and came across a link to this article:

Rams Defense Exposed By Bears

Basically, it says that Gregg Williams' defenses have the most success when getting exotic against 3 and 4 receiver sets. To keep that defense in check, Chicago played almost the entire game out of 12 personnel (1 running back, and 2 tight ends). That personnel group kept the Rams defense from getting nutty with the blitzes, and allowed tremendous flexibility for the Bears (it's nice having Zach Miller and Martellus Bennett). They'd have a tight end on either side of the line, loaded to one side of the line or the other, split out wide, one playing a fullback role, etc...).

The following week, despite having tight ends you've never heard of, the Ravens followed the same formula for the victory.

It seems like with Hewitt, Eifert, Bernard, Green, and Jones the Bengals would be ideally suited to this type of strategy. They can move those guys all over the field without leaving their comfort zone.

That is interesting. I would think if this is the Williams defenses MO, every NFL scout and offensive coach would know it.

I feel a team always needs to find the weakness of the other team, but at the same time stay true to their own success.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
They lost quite a few close games too. The Vikings? Pretty impressive for a team that is just 'okay'.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote