Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rams making Jalen Ramsey available for trade
If you trade for him he’s stated he wants a new contract with whoever trades for him

Another likely avenue is to just wait for him to be cut and then try and sign him. I predicted we’d sign one fairly big free agent this year then shit it down and focus on our own. I did not think the Rams would ever dangle Ramsey.

I think this is a move that propels you over a team like the Chiefs

I know it’d be hopeful but I’d love to sign Ramsey even if it means letting ALL of Bates, Bell and Pratt walk. Also would be ok with cutting Mixon and really anyone else on the bubble yo accommodate Jalen
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Websites list us as potential trade partners but a few point out that we should just wait for him to be cut, which I agree with.

With the money we'll need for our own free agents, I don't think he'll come for a price we'll be willing to pay.

We do have a lot of cap space, so maybe we'll find a way to make it work.
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2023, 10:45 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Websites list us as potential trade partners but a few point out that we should just wait for him to be cut, which I agree with.

With the money we'll need for our own free agents, I don't think he'll come for a price we'll be willing to pay.

We do have a lot of cap space, so maybe we'll find a way to make it work.

Yeah and you know how to help a possible starting safety unit of Dax and Tycen Anderson? You get some good ass corners

Jalen is only interesting to me because of the uncertainty at Safety
-Housh
Reply/Quote
I don't think Ramsey is the player he once was.

Maybe they asked too much of him this year, idk. His job is to shut down an opponent's best receiver, and he got burned more than usual in 2022. Kelce had his way with him, which happens to the best of them. So did Olave, which is much more concerning.

Ramsey is still a good corner, but he allegedly wants a new deal. He's unlikely to view himself as less-than prime and will demand a ton of money.

If they're going to shell out Jalen Ramsey money, which is almost certainly going to be 20 mil plus per year, they damn well better give it to an OL. Ramsey might improve the defense, but the defense is less in need of improvement than the o-line. An above average o-line makes Burrow practically unstoppable and more than likely gets us to another Super Bowl.

I don't think they will do either, but signing Ramsey is paying big time for a name that isn't what it once was. If they do something this unlikely, then back up the Brink's truck for Orlando Brown. Get the best tackle on the market and hurt your biggest rival in the process. We all said that Burrow would have won the AFC title game behind KC's o-line. That's one way to find out if we were correct, lol.

Either way this is dreaming way outside of our spending class this offseason.
Reply/Quote
If we were to spend that type of money on Bates( which would be less) then on Ramsey.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Out of them Rams, I’d rather have Bobby Wagner on a 1-2 year contract.

Imagine the off-season if we got Taylor Lewan and Bobby Wagner in free agency? I’d be happy with that haul.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-25-2023, 10:23 PM)Housh Wrote: If you trade for him he’s stated he wants a new contract with whoever trades for him

Another likely avenue is to just wait for him to be cut and then try and sign him. I predicted we’d sign one fairly big free agent this year then shit it down and focus on our own. I did not think the Rams would ever dangle Ramsey.

I know it’d be hopeful but I’d love to sign Ramsey even if it means letting ALL of Bates, Bell and Pratt walk. Also would be ok with cutting Mixon and really anyone else on the bubble yo accommodate Jalen

Meaning he'd want more than the 3yr/$55m he'd still be owed by a new team.

So almost certainly >$20m/yr AND whatever you have to give up for him in trade? For a guy who will be 29 and has allowed a higher QB Rating each of the last 3 years? Ehhhh....

You can sign Orlando Brown Jr to anchor Burrow's blindside for the next 5 years for about the same yearly money and give up 0 draft picks.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2023, 01:44 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Meaning he'd want more than the 3yr/$55m he'd still be owed by a new team.

So almost certainly >$20m/yr AND whatever you have to give up for him in trade? For a guy who will be 29 and has allowed a higher QB Rating each of the last 3 years? Ehhhh....

You can sign Orlando Brown Jr to anchor Burrow's blindside for thenext 5 years for about the same yearly money and give up 0 draft picks.

You hit the nail on the head.  Not saying Ramsey isn't good, but whoever signs him is going to pay a lot for past performance and the big name.  

On top of that, he's been playing more in the slot and close to the line.  We already have a guy doing a very good job of that in Hilton, and he's doing it for a fraction of what Ramsey will cost.  If I'm paying 20 plus mil, I want an elite boundary corner.  Not as much as I want an elite OT, though.
Reply/Quote
Aren’t the Chiefs just going to tag Brown again? He turned down 6 years $139 million. Not sure what he’s looking for.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2023, 07:11 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Aren’t the Chiefs just going to tag Brown again?  He turned down 6 years $139 million. Not sure what he’s looking for.

Apparently only the first 2 years of the deal were full guaranteed and $44m of it was in the final year.

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2022/07/15/kansas-city-chiefs-offered-orlando-brown-jr-six-year-contract-worth-139-million/

If you have a contract that is 6yr/$139m and pays $95m over the first 5 years, you have at best 5yr/$95m contract or even a 4yr/$65m contract. If there's only guaranteed money for the first 2 years, you have maybe a 2yr/$40m or 2yr/$50m deal instead when you figure in the signing bonus. There's zero chance he would ever see the final 1yr/$44m even if he did play for them for 5 years at under $20m/yr, so it's just fluff to make the team look like they offered a better deal than they did.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2023, 10:23 PM)Housh Wrote: If you trade for him he’s stated he wants a new contract with whoever trades for him

I know it’d be hopeful but I’d love to sign Ramsey even if it means letting ALL of Bates, Bell and Pratt walk
. Also would be ok with cutting Mixon and really anyone else on the bubble yo accommodate Jalen

No freakin way. Let those three go to sign Ramsey, who then gets hurt and we're down 4 positions. Ramsey is dropping off anyhow, which is why the Rams are willing to deal him. 
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2023, 01:30 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Out of them Rams, I’d rather have Bobby Wagner on a 1-2 year contract.  

Imagine the off-season if we got Taylor Lewan and Bobby Wagner in free agency?  I’d be happy with that haul.

same except the always injured LT ill pass on unless super friendly deal
Reply/Quote