Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rams "paid off" to draft Michael Sam?
(03-28-2016, 01:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: uuuuuhhhhhmmmmmmmmmm...........You might want to read the OP.

I did.  Like I said there was no damage to the team.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2016, 08:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I did.  Like I said there was no damage to the team.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25530682/michael-sam-rips-the-rams-says-he-shouldve-made-the-team-in-2014

Yeah, every 7th round draft pick from a draft 2 year ago, that has never taken a snap in the NFL is causing a similar stir.

Dungy was dead wrong. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2016, 09:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Dungy was dead wrong. 

Yep.  
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2016, 10:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Sure he was. He said Sam wasn't worth being drafted; especially given the circus that would follow. Here we are a few years later and we are still getting a franchise accused of misconduct.

Same reason Tim Tebow couldn't get a job as a backup quarterback despite the fact that Matt Cassel not only keeps getting jobs, but somehow keeps getting starts despite being completely atrocious for the last 5 years (35 TD/41 INT since the start of 2011, sub 60% completion in 4 of those 5 years, 6.5 YPA or lower in 4 of those 5 years.)

Teams simply don't want that kind of distraction. You can sort of get away with it for a little while if you're really talented (Aldon Smith, Dez Bryant), but even then they're eventually just going to have enough and you'll either need to change (Bryant) or be out of the league (Smith).... and that's the high round pick, high talent guys. Late round guys? Cause a problem/distraction? Later.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2016, 06:57 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Same reason Tim Tebow couldn't get a job as a backup quarterback despite the fact that Matt Cassel not only keeps getting jobs, but somehow keeps getting starts despite being completely atrocious for the last 5 years (35 TD/41 INT since the start of 2011, sub 60% completion in 4 of those 5 years, 6.5 YPA or lower in 4 of those 5 years.)

Teams simply don't want that kind of distraction. You can sort of get away with it for a little while if you're really talented (Aldon Smith, Dez Bryant), but even then they're eventually just going to have enough and you'll either need to change (Bryant) or be out of the league (Smith).... and that's the high round pick, high talent guys. Late round guys? Cause a problem/distraction? Later.

Tebow received zero media attention with the Eagles and still got cut.

If more attention was the problem then so many teams would not have given him a chance.  The Jets, Pats, and Eagles all knew about any additional attention before they signed Tebow.  The fact is that Tebow just sucks.  
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2016, 01:55 AM)fredtoast Wrote: The fact is that Tebow just sucks.  

I'm pretty sure that is Sam
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote