Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Ran Into Marvin
Ok, So I was getting some lunch, and I look over and there is Marvin. Looked tired so I wasn't even going to speak but I did.. I asked him how he was and he said Good. I was like ok.. Then I said this is a disappointing season so far... he was like we will get it together. Then something came over me, and I said why don't you just quit? I think it would be best for the Team and Cincinnati. With the talent we have had in this organization in the past 10 years and we still can't get it done the fault is on you guys, the coaching staff. He looked shocked. I then took a bite of my sandwich (Tuna on Rye) I might add, and he looked at me and Said this is my final season as Head Coach. I said No way! He said this is my last year. I then took a drink of my coke and said, I am sorry. He then looked like a defeated man. I felt horrible. He said I have done all I can, and I can't do much more with what the organization allows me to do. I couldn't believe it. Here he is pouring out his inner most feelings to a man eating Tuna on Rye. I looked over and seen some lady with him almost in tears. I felt horrible, So I said Good luck with the rest of the season, and asked him, are you going to eat the rest of your fries?
Reply/Quote
You serious, Clark? 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 05:02 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: You serious, Clark? 

doubt it
Reply/Quote
This is the best post I have ever read on these boards and ive been around since 2005.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Change it to I ran over Marvin and I might believe it more
Reply/Quote
If this is true, you're a dick for that.
Reply/Quote
This thread is gold
[Image: ferris-quote.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I really want a tuna on rye now.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 05:08 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: If this is true, you're a dick for that.

Nah, if it's true (which I really doubt) he's a true hero.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 04:59 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Ok, So I was getting some lunch, and I look over and there is Marvin.......

Please oh please be serious; if you are telling the truth then you'll be the biggest hero on these message boards ever.  If not you're going to have your own wing in the Troll Hall of Shame.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 05:21 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Please oh please be serious; if you are telling the truth then you'll be the biggest hero on these message boards ever.  If not you're going to have your own wing in the Troll Hall of Shame.

Would be sweet if this tale was true ?
Reply/Quote
Was he drinking heavily. I think he might have secretly been. Should have asked if he was going to finish that "pepsi".

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
What kind of rube would believe this story?
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 05:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What kind of rube would believe this story?

In the court of law "a reasonable man" probably would... Wink
Reply/Quote
Oh my god! I was there today also!

So I saw you leave (didn't know it was you until I read this) and I went up to Marvin and said "Hey man that was really nice of you to let that homeless person eat your fries" Marvin giggled and replied, "He's always standing outside the stadium with a sign saying "Homeless and hungry...God Bless" but the funny thing he's always on his iPhone, who the hell is homeless with an iPhone!"

I started laughing and replied, "If you were that attentive in Dallas it might have ended differently" We both just stared at one another afterwards for what seemed like forever and then just broke out laughing and he waved his finger at me and just said, "Ahhh you...you..."

At this point I felt comfortable and said, "What is with this shit and you quitting after this season? I don't buy it for a second" He just giggled again and said "Of course Im not quitting, Mike is drawing up another extension as we speak. I just said it to the homeless guy so he wouldn't want a sip of my gatorade"

I replied, "That Gatorade is the closest you'll ever come to a championship" He started giggling again and just looked at me serious in the face and said, "But I have a job for as long as I want and I don't plan on going anywhere for years to come! Now go get that homeless guy to clean the windows in my car for me."

He then giggled and started drinking his championship bottle of Gatorade......
Reply/Quote
I just seen Bigfoot.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 05:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What kind of rube would believe this story?

You'd be surprised, just give it time.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 04:59 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Ok, So I was getting some lunch, and I look over and there is Marvin.  Looked tired so I wasn't even going to speak but I did..  I asked him how he was and he said Good.  I was like ok..  Then I said this is a disappointing season so far...  he was like we will get it together.  Then something came over me, and I said why don't you just quit?  I think it would be best for the Team and Cincinnati. With the talent we have had in this organization in the past 10 years and we still can't get it done the fault is on you guys, the coaching staff.  He looked shocked.  I then took a bite of my sandwich (Tuna on Rye) I might add, and he looked at me and Said this is my final season as Head Coach.  I said No way!  He said this is my last year.  I then took a drink of my coke and said, I am sorry.  He then looked like a defeated man.  I felt horrible.  He said I have done all I can, and I can't do much more with what the organization allows me to do. I couldn't believe it.  Here he is pouring out his inner most feelings to a man eating Tuna on Rye.  I looked over and seen some lady with him almost in tears.  I felt horrible, So I said Good luck with the rest of the season, and asked him, are you going to eat the rest of your fries?
While I doubt this is true (great effort though), that would be a horrifying freaking fact. 
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 04:59 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Ok, So I was getting some lunch, and I look over and there is Marvin.  Looked tired so I wasn't even going to speak but I did..  I asked him how he was and he said Good.  I was like ok..  Then I said this is a disappointing season so far...  he was like we will get it together.  Then something came over me, and I said why don't you just quit?  I think it would be best for the Team and Cincinnati. With the talent we have had in this organization in the past 10 years and we still can't get it done the fault is on you guys, the coaching staff.  He looked shocked.  I then took a bite of my sandwich (Tuna on Rye) I might add, and he looked at me and Said this is my final season as Head Coach.  I said No way!  He said this is my last year.  I then took a drink of my coke and said, I am sorry.  He then looked like a defeated man.  I felt horrible.  He said I have done all I can, and I can't do much more with what the organization allows me to do.  I couldn't believe it.  Here he is pouring out his inner most feelings to a man eating Tuna on Rye.  I looked over and seen some lady with him almost in tears.  I felt horrible, So I said Good luck with the rest of the season, and asked him, are you going to eat the rest of your fries?

You're lucky it wasn't Guenther, he'd rip your arms clean off and beat you to death with them for even having that question pass your lips.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 05:59 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I just seen Bigfoot.

That's impossible. You can't see the past.

You saw Bigfoot.
Reply/Quote