Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ran Tonight For The First Time Since The Wreck......
I haven't run at all since football practice the morning of the wreck (obviously).

Two days ago, I was walking on the treadmill and thought "I wonder if I could run?"

Tonight, I decided to give it a go, so I had someone film it and someone to stand by the treadmill to immediately turn it off if something went wrong, which I assumed was likely.

Started slow and then worked it up to 3 mph, which doesn't sound like much, but it was HUGE for me!

I used to go hard in football practice and give it everything I had and then some, but my stamina was so good that I could still function and move and even still run hard.

After one ten second filming and then a twenty second filming, I was more tired than I would be after a long day of running at two-a-days in 95 degree weather.

I posted the second video on Facebook and it's public, so you can check it out if you want, but I just had to share that because it was HUGE for me!

[Image: KknQODNpux.gif]
Reply/Quote
We've argued in the past, but I am genuinely happy for your accomplishment! Keep it up Brad! ThumbsUp
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Dude. I didn't even know you could WALK! Now I log on and hear you're RUNNING! That is absolutely ***** awesome man. Made my day. I'm going to go buy a round of shots at this bar and have everyone yell BFRITZ! They'll have no idea and ill tell those who ask.

YOURE THE MAN BRAD. Congrats buddy.
Reply/Quote
Great job, Brad.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Congrats Brad!
Reply/Quote
Thank you all very much!

I went out tonight and had even the biggest hard asses getting emotional over it!

Video has over 9,200 views, so I guess people like it!
Reply/Quote
Great Job, Brad !!
You'll be running a 5k, before you know it.
Keep on being an inspiration.
Rock On
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2015, 07:20 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: Great Job, Brad !!
You'll be running a 5k, before you know it.
Keep on being an inspiration.
Rock On

Thank you very much, brother!

Don't know how much better I'll get or anything, but I'm never settling for good enough!

For the first time since the wreck, it felt like I was on the football field running again!  It was amazing!
Reply/Quote
That's awesome man. Big congrats are in order. My father had two strokes a couple of years ago , and can hardly walk these days himself. I have seen , firsthand , what your struggle is like. This is a major accomplishment Brad....keep up the good work!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2015, 07:54 AM)Wyche Wrote: That's awesome man.  Big congrats are in order.  My father had two strokes a couple of years ago , and can hardly walk these days himself.  I have seen , firsthand , what your struggle is like.  This is a major accomplishment Brad....keep up the good work!

I have no idea how hard his struggle must be, so hats off to him!  Victories might seem small to others, but they're HUGE when you can do so little and struggle with even the smallest things that seem minor to other people!
Reply/Quote
Well done Brad.
Reply/Quote
congrats Brad, succeed at all you do my friend.
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
I can't find you Facebook would love to see it.

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2015, 09:28 PM)Se ky bengal Wrote: I can't find you Facebook would love to see it.

Seconded.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2015, 09:28 PM)Se ky bengal Wrote: I can't find you Facebook would love to see it.

Thirded Wink

This is great news - your mind is your only limit - rooting for you to continue being amazing!
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
Alright, found you and watched the video. You're doing great!
Sent a friend request also.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
Try This
(10-24-2015, 10:16 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Seconded.
I don't think it would let you into my Facebook as me, but it's normally in an ap, and I had to open it in my browser, so let me know if it logs you in as me.
(10-24-2015, 10:57 PM)West Union KennyG Wrote: Alright, found you and watched the video.  You're doing great!
Sent a friend request also.

Was wondering who I knew in West Union, Illinois!  It didn't click!  I'm a bit slow sometimes!
Reply/Quote
that's great Brad !!!!! sent you a friends request.

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2015, 01:00 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Try This
I don't think it would let you into my Facebook as me, but it's normally in an ap, and I had to open it in my browser, so let me know if it logs you in as me
Thanks man, that was fantastic !

Really made me smile and started my day off well.

Oh, it didn't log me in as you.
Rock On
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2015, 08:04 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: Thanks man, that was fantastic !

Really made me smile and started my day off well.

Oh, it didn't log me in as you.
Rock On

Running like that, for the first time since the wreck, it felt like I was on a football field again.

Seriously, I was looking forward and could just see the entire field like I was looking through my helmet and like I was running down the field.

It was an amazing feeling.
Reply/Quote