Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Something pleasant
Someone sent this to my wife in an email I figured I'd share. It actually makes sense..

Quote:York Cardiology:

In a world where there is never any time, today we are being afforded the luxury of time. Nature, with one masterful stroke, has done what none of us could ever have thought possible and made the world stop.

As we look outwards, hoping for some sort of divine intervention, I would encourage us all to look within ourselves, for i promise it is there that we will find what we are looking for.

The world has become increasingly complacent. We have become so busy seeking that we have forgotten what it is we are really seeking. The way i see it, what we all seek is joy. Today we have the time and opportunity to look within and connect with those two most neglected values that harness joy - gratitude and compassion.

When we are able to feel grateful for what we do have, even at times like these, we feel abundant. When we feel abundant we feel able to give - be that our time, our possessions, our love and even our freedom, to help someone else. When we become more compassionate, we become human. When we become human we start uniting. When we unite, we experience joy.

Perhaps, this pandemic will leave us with more than it will take. Perhaps, it will instill in us,as a society, that which we were in danger of losing - a sense of humanity.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]