Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Random ? About this 2020 season.
1. Why has ZT built a offense void of a WR that is actually
Quick and elusive

2.Why did ZT construct a playbook where your most
Talented WR ( Green) would have issues adjusting too?
Dont.you tailor your playbook to the strengths
If your talent?

3.Brandon Wilson. Why not give.him.a chance at RB or WR
I.mean hes only.the fastest player on.the roster.

4. Why didnt the front office sign a real backup QB
This off season

5.Why did the coaches stick so long with Jordan
At LG knowing he sucked

6. Why doesnt Zac Taylor like using a FB.
Works for other teams
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 01:00 AM)impactplaya Wrote: 1. Why has ZT built a offense void of a WR that is actually
Quick and elusive

If your talent?

This off season

At LG knowing he sucked

Works for other teams

1. Zac is a bad coach
2. Zac is a bad coach
3. More complicated than Zac is a bad coach
4. Zac is a bad talent evaluator
5. Zac is a bad coach
6. Zac is a bad coach
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 01:00 AM)impactplaya Wrote: 1. Why has ZT built a offense void of a WR that is actually
Quick and elusive

Because we have not had one of our roster and he felt Giggins was a better option.

(12-01-2020, 01:00 AM)impactplaya Wrote: 2.Why did ZT construct a playbook where your most
If your talent?

If Green was our most talented WR he would have no problem adjusting to a new playbook.  He is an 9 year veteran who has worked with 4 different OCs before Taylor arrived.

(12-01-2020, 01:00 AM)impactplaya Wrote: 3.Brandon Wilson. Why not give.him.a chance at RB or WR

Because he is a DB.  Return men are not always great offensive players.  Cordarrelle Patterson is the sickest return man in the league and he has never been an effective weapon on offense.

(12-01-2020, 01:00 AM)impactplaya Wrote: 4. Why didnt the front office sign a real backup QB
This off season

Because they hoped Finley would improve like most rookies do.  Basically the same reason everyone here saw him play last preseason and still had no problem with Taylor benching Dalton toi give him a shot.

(12-01-2020, 01:00 AM)impactplaya Wrote: 5.Why did the coaches stick so long with Jordan
At LG knowing he sucked

Because he did not have a better option.

(12-01-2020, 01:00 AM)impactplaya Wrote: 6. Why doesnt Zac Taylor like using a FB.
Works for other teams

Same reason almost no other team in the NFL uses a FB.
Reply/Quote
DB's are usually DB's instead of WR's because they can't catch. We already have a speedy WR that can't catch.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 09:33 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Because he is a DB.  Return men are not always great offensive players.  Cordarrelle Patterson is the sickest return man in the league and he has never been an effective weapon on offense.
Wilson actually played some RB at Houston as well.  His junior year he had 37 carries for 188 yards (5.1 avg) and 2 TDs.  He also had 6 receptions for 49 yards.  

If Gio was held out, though, I would have rather seen what Perine and Williams could do.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The Browns Chiefs Ravens Steelers all incorporate
A FB in their gameplan.

Brandon Wilson could be coached up to play
RB. But I forgot ZT is,the offensive genius.

All the OC that Green played under had no issue
Getting Green the ball. Why ZT have that issue?
Reply/Quote
Quick and elusive

If your talent?

This off season

At LG knowing he sucked

Works for other teams

1. Mike Thomas actually is fast. He ran a 4.3 40 yard dash. They also have John Ross, but they don't trust him to be in the right spot and catch the ball.

2. You should adjust your playbook to the players' strengths, but many teams don't do this (well). It is possible though that Taylor and his staff just want to bring in new players to fit their scheme. Would explain why Dunlap, Green, and Atkins didn't perform quite as well compared to the Marvin days.

3. Brandon Wilson used to play RB in college. But they need to try Trayveon Williams before they put Wilson at RB IMO.

4. If they expected this year to be a rebuilding year, then why bother paying more $$ for a veteran backup?

5. Coaches are stubborn. And they also see things in practice that we fans do not get to see. These coaches specifically seem to be willing to let their guys learn by experience, thinking/hoping guys like Jordan will improve the more game reps they get. And to be fair to Jordan, he has improved from last year to this year. Unfortunately, it was pathetic performance last year to just bad performance this year. Last, their OL has been decimated by injuries. Spain actually started at LG this past weekend but was shifted over to RG once Redmond went out with concussion. I don't think Jordan would have kept his starting job for as long if all the other starting OL had been healthy.

6. Taylor likes to run 3-WR sets and spread the defense out. A traditional FB wouldn't get a lot of opportunities in that. With that said, a pass-catching FB like Juszczyk could probably work, but they'd have to probably still run fewer 3-WR sets. How would everyone feel if they went more to 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 FB, 1 RB formations? 
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 11:29 AM)impactplaya Wrote: The Browns Chiefs Ravens Steelers all incorporate
A FB in their gameplan.

Green's getting the ball plenty, he is just not catching the contested passes like he used to.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 11:29 AM)impactplaya Wrote: The Browns Chiefs Ravens Steelers all incorporate
A FB in their gameplan.

If you'll recall, they did target AJ Green several times, early in the season.  He wasn't catching the ball, and was having difficulty in gaining separation.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 12:44 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If you'll recall, they did target AJ Green several times, early in the season.  He wasn't catching the ball, and was having difficulty in gaining separation.

.....and still is. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I think seperation has been.a issue all year for Bengals WRs. I have yet to see a Bengals WR completely blow
Past a CB or LB or S. Now Ive seen blown coverages from other defenses allowing 30 yd plus
Pass plays this year. I think Tee Higgins has the only catches in the 40 yd and up pass
Range. The last WR that has completely smoked a DB is John Ross.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 01:00 AM)impactplaya Wrote: 3.Brandon Wilson. Why not give.him.a chance at RB or WR

He ran a 4.21 forty?
Reply/Quote
Quick and elusive

If your talent?

This off season

At LG knowing he sucked

Works for other teams

1. Coaching
2. Green was an amazing WR. He isn't any more. It stinks, but even at some point we had to move on from Chad.
3. Is this like that time with Harrington? Players don't always transition well to other spots just because they fit some kind of physical metric.
4. Bad FO. I think 99% of fans wanted a capable vet behind Joe. 
5. Because they're limited on options available. 
6. Coaching. To go further, I think he ultimately wants everybody on the field to be an option. We're a long way from that.
Reply/Quote
Quick and elusive

If your talent?

This off season

At LG knowing he sucked

Works for other teams

AJ Green is not the most talented receiver. He is a shell of his former self.

In terms of Brandon Wilson he does so well with kickoff returns I wonder why they do not have him return punts. Erickson for the most part has been a major disappointment this year.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 11:33 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: In terms of Brandon Wilson he does so well with kickoff returns I wonder why they do not have him return punts.  Erickson for the most part has been a major disappointment this year.

It's not the same thing,....
Reply/Quote