Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Random Question About the Ariel Castro Kidnappings (not about the actual kidnappings)
I'm sure everyone here remembers the Ariel Castro kidnappings (where he held 3 women/teens in captivity for 11 years) that came to light in Cleveland a few years back.

This question isn't about the actual kidnappings themselves, but a line that is the (literally) last line in the Wikipedia article:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ariel_Castro_kidnappings

Quote:A consultant's report was released on December 3, and officially concluded that "all available evidence pointed to suicide, including a shrine-like arrangement of family pictures and a Bible in Castro's cell, an increasing tone of frustration in his prison journal and the reality of spending the rest of his life in prison while subject to constant harassment." The Ohio State Highway Patrol also reviewed the case and reached the same conclusion.

So I'm merely curious; is it customary in the states (maybe Ohio in particular), for Highway Cops to investigate suicides in prisons? I've never heard of the guys who pull you over, doing homicide investigations that take place nowhere near their, not jurisdiction, but, "physical area of expertise."

I feel it's like asking a house-builder to connect the connections for a dishwasher and install the dishwasher. Sure, he COULD do it, as its in the same field, but why not ask a plumber to do it instead?

The analogy may be a bit off, but I was just curious if the Highway Patrol has greater jurisdiction/responsibility than merely handing out tickets and pulling people over.

That's all!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
The Ohio State Highway Patrol has jurisdiction on all public roadways within Ohio, as well as all state property (so would include prisons)
Reply/Quote
Good question Truck.

Good answer Xeno.

The Highway Patrol in Ohio has jurisdiction over state property. They even have a special part of the force that handles security for a lot of State offices in Columbus and even the State Fairgrounds.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2019, 05:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Good question Truck.

Good answer Xeno.

The Highway Patrol in Ohio has jurisdiction over state property. They even have a special part of the force that handles security for a lot of State offices in Columbus and even the State Fairgrounds.

Very interesting!

Thanks for the info, guys! Big Grin
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote