Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Random draft musings
So here we are, less than 2 weeks away from the draft. Here are few thoughts and storylines I'm watching.

1. I don't know what Washington is thinking. It doesn't look like they'll be able to sign cousins to a long term deal. They should work out a deal with San Francisco already. Then again if I'm Frisco I just wait and sign him next year.

2. Speaking of Washington, they lost both starting wrs. Granted they signed Pryor, have last years first rounder coming back, maybe, and still gave crowder and reed.

3. Dallas lost a boat load of dbs. And still looking for pass rushers.

4. New England is probably not done dealing.

5. I still have no idea when the qb's start to go.

6. Rotoworld reported the asking price for Sheldon Richardson was around a 4th rounder. I'd offer our 5th round comp and see what happened. Then slap a qualifying offer on him after the season. If nothing else get the 3rd round comp pick he'd most likely bring. We have the cap space.

7. I hope the bengals get a really good offer for ajm. And take it. And don't blow it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
There is so much smoke and mirrors around every team this time of year.  Never believe any of it.    just my two cents.

I agree with the OP, I have no idea where the QBs in the draft start to go.  All I know is my rankings of them vastly differ from the so called "experts". 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(04-17-2017, 12:52 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: There is so much smoke and mirrors around every team this time of year.  Never believe any of it.    just my two cents.

I agree with the OP, I have no idea where the QBs in the draft start to go.  All I know is my rankings of them vastly differ from the so called "experts". 

I think with QB's, once one guys there will be a run and trades trying to get in on the run similar to what happened Dalton's year. Now if that is top ten, teens, or late who knows.
Reply/Quote
The thing about the draft is that so much depends upon what the teams in front of yours do..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2017, 05:18 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The thing about the draft is that so much depends upon what the teams in front of yours do..

It really is just a giant game of domino's....... I love it
Reply/Quote
Recently, the rule of thumb is to over draft a QB. That being said, I expect a team to draft a QB in the top 5. I'm not sure who it will be, but someone will do it and then the panic will begin.

Everybody that wants one will be moving up to get in front of Cleveland at 12.
Reply/Quote