Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Randy
Big bad Marvin at it again. I can't tell if he is projecting here or what. First... we have had kicker issues for awhile. He drafted a kicker In the fifth round and kept the guy who basically laid an egg last season. This is all on Lewis if you ask me. Sure the guy should make his kicks, but Marvin is supposed to be in charge here.

I really can't wait until Marvin is gone tbh.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2017/11/23/cincinnati-bengals-head-coach-marvin-lewis-puts-kicker-randy-bullock-notice/891204001/
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Bullock let his team down Sunday and the Sunday before. Same as John Ross. However Bullock is a proven veteran so he gets 2nd and 3rd chances before a benching.
Reply/Quote
No offense but I think the kicker issue has been addressed often. That’s a tough call. Hindsight 20/20.

Reply/Quote
You guys are missing the point. With our luck, had we stuck with Elliott, it would be him playing 'meh' and we'd all be pining for Bullock and his 61 yard walk-off kicks. It didn't matter which one we picked because the "winner" would face the same fate regardless.

Randy Bullock, the latest NFL player to be...

[Image: 83929778_81.jpg]

This is a real thing Sad
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2017, 09:44 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: No offense but I think the kicker issue has been addressed often. That’s a tough call. Hindsight 20/20.

Is it still hindsight if you start calling out your player when said player was not good last season???? Lol

Edit... did you even read the article??
Reply/Quote
After 15 seasons Marvin is finally holding guys accountable.........funny.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2017, 10:14 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: You guys are missing the point.  With our luck, had we stuck with Elliott, it would be him playing 'meh' and we'd all be pining for Bullock and his 61 yard walk-off kicks.  It didn't matter which one we picked because the "winner" would face the same fate regardless.

Randy Bullock, the latest NFL player to be...

[Image: 83929778_81.jpg]

This is a real thing  Sad

Hahahaha no doubt
Reply/Quote
The Chargers' emergency kicker missed 3 extra points today in a win AND he even missed the kicking net whilst practicing. I bet he's available soon.

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/11/23/16695134/nick-novak-los-angeles-chargers-dallas-cowboys-drew-kaser
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2017, 11:55 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The Chargers' emergency kicker missed 3 extra points today in a win AND he even missed the kicking net whilst practicing.  I bet he's available soon.

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/11/23/16695134/nick-novak-los-angeles-chargers-dallas-cowboys-drew-kaser

Lol
Reply/Quote
Bullock won the kicking competition in the preseason. Simple as that.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2017, 12:14 AM)treee Wrote: Bullock won the kicking competition in the preseason. Simple as that.

That’s correct. He was the better kicker and was chosen. One of the few right things (which turned out wrong) that Marvin has done. There is a dark cloud over this team.

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2017, 11:21 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Is it still hindsight if you start calling out your player when said player was not good last season???? Lol

Edit... did you even read the article??

No I did not,but read this morning. But doesn’t change anything. I’m not sure I wouldn’t have chosen the same as Marvin? I mean, if Randy does better than Jake and you choose Jake , isn’t that a typical ML move? This time he actually chose correct. Although his decision seems to be the wrong one, can you argue that you would not have done the same?

Reply/Quote
his name is Fat Randy and he should be addressed as such......
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2017, 08:54 PM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: Bullock let his team down Sunday and the Sunday before.  Same as John Ross.  However Bullock is a proven veteran so he gets 2nd and 3rd chances before a benching.

Funny how guys like Ross "let the Bengals down" on one play and were promptly benched, but no one seems to notice that after Willis blocked a punt, he didn't get more snaps on defense.  Shawn Williams continues to start despite being clearly worse than Fej and always pretty much looking lost in coverage.  I won't even go in to the offensive line, but they keep playing despite their repeated failures when there are guys on the bench that should at least be looked at.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2017, 11:59 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Funny how guys like Ross "let the Bengals down" on one play and were promptly benched, but no one seems to notice that after Willis blocked a punt, he didn't get more snaps on defense.  Shawn Williams continues to start despite being clearly worse than Fej and always pretty much looking lost in coverage.  I won't even go in to the offensive line, but they keep playing despite their repeated failures when there are guys on the bench that should at least be looked at.

Blocking a field goal is a special teams play, not a defensive play that should impact the defensive depth chart.  Were that the case, Margus Hunt should have started in place of Dunlap last season, right?
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2017, 12:10 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Blocking a field goal is a special teams play, not a defensive play that should impact the defensive depth chart.  Were that the case, Margus Hunt should have started in place of Dunlap last season, right?

That was just a point of where he showed his ability to penetrate and get home quickly, while MJ still plods along at RDE and just runs around looking lost.  
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2017, 08:37 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: No I did not,but read this morning. But doesn’t change anything. I’m not sure I wouldn’t have chosen the same as Marvin? I mean, if Randy does better than Jake and you choose Jake , isn’t that a typical ML move? This time he actually chose correct. Although his decision seems to be the wrong one, can you argue that you would not have done the same?

I wouldn't have wasted a draft pick if I already had a kicker.

There shouldn't have been a kicking comp imo because 1 bullock sucks and 2 we drafted a kicker.

Also, I want to note that Marvin is not wrong, bullock does suck, my point though is Marvin is the one in charge and he is just now figuring this out?? What's he going to do fire him and pickup who exactly?? Marvin is a joke of a coach and this is just another example of why. He is trying to blame everyone but himself.
Reply/Quote
Bullock has been nothing special, but decent on both FG's and XP's.

Marvin sure likes to take swings when his job's on the line, doesn't he?

Don't worry Marv, you'll be back. Then we can go back to no accountability instead of constant public pot-shots at players.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2017, 08:19 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: That’s correct. He was the better kicker and was chosen. One of the few right things (which turned out wrong) that Marvin has done. There is a dark cloud over this team.

IIRC there was a Wile E. Coyote cartoon where he's chasing the Road Runner and about a dozen times this dark cloud shows up and rains on his parade just as he's about to catch the RR.

You could so insert the Bengals in as a sub for ole Wile !
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2017, 01:30 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Bullock has been nothing special, but decent on both FG's and XP's.

Marvin sure likes to take swings when his job's on the line, doesn't he?

Don't worry Marv, you'll be back. Then we can go back to no accountability instead of constant public pot-shots at players.

Before the season is over ole Merv is gonna try and throw more people under the bus than happened during Watergate.
Reply/Quote