Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Randy Bullock
Is set to be released by the Steelers after doing a fine job filling in for Chris Boswell. Over the last 2 seasons (new kicking rules), Bullock has hit 22 of 26 FGs (84.6%) and 25 of 29 xp's (86.2%). Both numbers trump Nuge's percentages this year. Bullock has also hit on 45.5% of his 50+ yarders, compared to Nuge's career 39.3% (Nuge has only hit 2 of 6 since last year). Bullock is also younger and overall just has a stronger leg.

I'm aware we're probably stuck with Nuge, just pointing out that there actually are upgrades available.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2016, 05:14 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Is set to be released by the Steelers after doing a fine job filling in for Chris Boswell. Over the last 2 seasons (new kicking rules), Bullock has hit 22 of 26 FGs (84.6%) and 25 of 29 xp's (86.2%). Both numbers trump Nuge's percentages this year. Bullock has also hit on 45.5% of his 50+ yarders, compared to Nuge's career 39.3% (Nuge has only hit 2 of 6 since last year). Bullock is also younger and overall just has a stronger leg.

I'm aware we're probably stuck with Nuge, just pointing out that there actually are upgrades available.

Agree.  Let's get him signed up if the Steelers release him this week.  The way that he has performed, he will be kicking for someone next season... hopefully, US!
Reply/Quote
I like when the Bengals follow my suggestions. Cool
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2016, 06:53 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I like when the Bengals follow my suggestions.  Cool

:andy: :andy:
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
I swear. I am happy about this. However, if he misses a game winning field goal Sunday against his former team? He will not get out of Cincinnati alive.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2016, 05:14 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Is set to be released by the Steelers after doing a fine job filling in for Chris Boswell. Over the last 2 seasons (new kicking rules), Bullock has hit 22 of 26 FGs (84.6%) and 25 of 29 xp's (86.2%). Both numbers trump Nuge's percentages this year. Bullock has also hit on 45.5% of his 50+ yarders, compared to Nuge's career 39.3% (Nuge has only hit 2 of 6 since last year). Bullock is also younger and overall just has a stronger leg.

He is one of the guys we brought in for a tryout, so I'm guessing he do well enough on the practice field to show he could make a difference on the playing field versus Nugent.

Unlike us, Pittsburgh was forced to add a guy because their kicker was out injured.  Even if Bullock had the best performance in a tryout going 3-10, they still had to sign him or they had to abandon placekicking while hoping for the best on kickoffs.

Had he not taken the field for the Steelers nd shown in-game performance, I think we would still be trying to tough it out with Nugent until the offseason.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2016, 11:21 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: Had he not taken the field for the Steelers nd shown in-game performance, I think we would still be trying to tough it out with Nugent until the offseason.

Agree. The Puttzburgh performance is probably what sold them. They wanted someone who wasn't coming in cold, and Bullock happened to also have a fine performance in that game, making all 4 kicks.
Reply/Quote