Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Randy Moss return?
Does anyone think this could really happen?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/23/randy-moss-kicks-open-door-for-a-potential-return/?cid=Yahoo
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Sure it could.  I'd be willing to bet that he spent most of his money, and now needs a retirement fund.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
If he has kept himself in shape he could return. He was the most physiaclly gifted WR I have ever seen.

Moss just turned 38. in the three seasons after he turned 38 Jerry Rice averaged 79 receptions for 1073 yards.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2015, 11:31 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Sure it could.  I'd be willing to bet that he spent most of his money, and now needs a retirement fund.

I don't think that he has... I think he just wants to play again, and isn't happy with the way his career ended.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I'd guess that 90% of NFL players think about coming back a year or so after they retire.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 07:51 PM)jason Wrote: I don't think that he has... I think he just wants to play again, and isn't happy with the way his career ended.

Well, that is a heartwarming thought, but I will choose to disagree.  When I played in the Semi-Pro leagues in Ohio and WV, I played with and against many that knew Randy Moss first hand, either from his days at Dupont HS, or his days at Marshall U.  They all described him as one of the best people that you would ever want to hang out with.  However, that may depend upon your perspective, as they would relate stories about "when Randy came home to visit".  It seemed, from the stories, that he would take the crew out to gentleman's clubs, hand the manager a nice sum of cash, explain that he was treating his friends to a good time, and instructed the manager to let him know when that cash ran out.  Now, I'm sure that some of the stories may have been exaggerated, but after hearing them from multiple sources, I'd have to say that he may have been loose with the cash.

That's not to say that is the only reason he would want to come back to play football, but at least I, feel that money may be a motivating factor.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 09:05 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, that is a heartwarming thought, but I will choose to disagree.  When I played in the Semi-Pro leagues in Ohio and WV, I played with and against many that knew Randy Moss first hand, either from his days at Dupont HS, or his days at Marshall U.  They all described him as one of the best people that you would ever want to hang out with.  However, that may depend upon your perspective, as they would relate stories about "when Randy came home to visit".  It seemed, from the stories, that he would take the crew out to gentleman's clubs, hand the manager a nice sum of cash, explain that he was treating his friends to a good time, and instructed the manager to let him know when that cash ran out.  Now, I'm sure that some of the stories may have been exaggerated, but after hearing them from multiple sources, I'd have to say that he may have been loose with the cash.

That's not to say that is the only reason he would want to come back to play football, but at least I, feel that money may be a motivating factor.

What's a nice sum of cash to a multi-millionaire?  

How many multi-million dollar contracts has he had?

Of course, a LOT of NFL players blow their money pretty quickly, and granted that Moss doesn't seem like the sharpest knife in the spoon drawer, but I find it hard to believe that he'd be short on money.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 09:05 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, that is a heartwarming thought, but I will choose to disagree.  When I played in the Semi-Pro leagues in Ohio and WV, I played with and against many that knew Randy Moss first hand, either from his days at Dupont HS, or his days at Marshall U.  They all described him as one of the best people that you would ever want to hang out with.  However, that may depend upon your perspective, as they would relate stories about "when Randy came home to visit".  It seemed, from the stories, that he would take the crew out to gentleman's clubs, hand the manager a nice sum of cash, explain that he was treating his friends to a good time, and instructed the manager to let him know when that cash ran out.  Now, I'm sure that some of the stories may have been exaggerated, but after hearing them from multiple sources, I'd have to say that he may have been loose with the cash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07G23zMGa4g

Straight cash homie... I've heard that the strippers in the Rand W. Va area will get down for a George Washington or two.

Isn't he collecting a check from FOX now too? I think he's fine.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 10:12 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: What's a nice sum of cash to a multi-millionaire?  

How many multi-million dollar contracts has he had?

Of course, a LOT of NFL players blow their money pretty quickly, and granted that Moss doesn't seem like the sharpest knife in the spoon drawer, but I find it hard to believe that he'd be short on money.

What do you base that on?  He was kind of a knucklehead in his younger days, but he's a pretty sharp guy. I was a moron between 16- 21, and you probably were too. No offense intended if you are still/ only 21 yrs old.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 10:23 PM)jason Wrote: What do you base that on?  He was kind of a knucklehead in his younger days, but he's a pretty sharp guy.

I guess just from his antics in his younger days and he's always kind of seemed unstable to me.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 10:29 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I guess just from his antics in his younger days and he's always kind of seemed unstable to me.

Compared to how stable you are?  Homie.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote