Poll: Where's Block CKC
1-5 (NFL's Elite)
6-11 (Top 1/3 of the NFL)
12-18 (Middle of the Pack)
19-25 (Slightly below average)
26-32 (We're about where we were)
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rank Our IOL (2023)
We move back to the offensive side of the ball for our next ranking, and we focus on the Interior Offensive Line. Things have definitely gotten better over the last couple years, but by how much? Rank Cordell-Karras-Cappa (Block CKC) against the rest of the league to find out.

As always, the competition:
ATL: MATT BERGERON-DREW DALMAN-CHRIS LINDSTROM
ARZ: PARIS JOHNSON-HJAITE FROHOLDT-WILL HERNANDEZ
BAL: BEN CLEVELAND-TYLER LINDERBAUM-KEVIN ZEITLER
BUF: CONNOR MCGOVERN-MITCH MORSE-RYAN BATES
CAR: BRADY CHRISTENSEN-BRADLEY BOZEMAN-AUSTIN CORBETT
CHI: TEVEN JENKINS-CODY WHITEHAIR-NATE DAVIS
CLV: JOEL BITONIO-ETHAN POCIC-WYATT TELLER
DAL: TYLER SMITH-TYLER BIADASZ-ZACK MARTIN
DEN: BEN POWERS-LLOYD CUSHENBERRY-QUINN MEINERZ
DET: JONAH JACKSON-FRANK RAGNOW-HALA VAITAI
GBP: ELGTON JENKINS-JOSH MYERS-JON RUNYAN
HOU: KENYON GREEN-JUICE SCRUGGS-SHAQ MASON
IND: QUENTON NELSON-RYAN KELLY-WILL FRIES
JAX: BEN BARTCH-LUKE FORTNER-BRANDON SCHERFF
KCC: JOE THUNEY-CREED HUMPHREY-TREY SMITH
LVR: DYLAN PARHAM-ANDRE JAMES-ALEX BARS
LAC: ZION JOHNSON-COREY LINSLEY-JAMAREE SALYER
LAR: STEVE AVILA-BRIAN ALLEN-COLEMAN SHELTON
MIA: LIAM EICHENBERG-CONNOR WILLIAMS-ROBERT HUNT
MIN: EZRA CLEVELAND-GARRETT BRADBURY-ED INGRAM
NEP: COLE STRANGE-DAVID ANDREWS-MIKE ONWENU
NOS: ANDRUS PEAT-ERIK MCCOY-CESAR RUIZ
NYG: BEN BREDESON-JOHN MICHAEL SCHMITZ-MARK GLOWINSKI
NYJ: LAKEN TOMLINSON-CONNOR MCGOVERN-ALIJAH VERATUCKER
PHI: LANDON DICKERSON-JASON KELCE-CAM JURGENS
PIT: ISAAC SEUMALO-MASON COLE-JAMES DANIELS
SFF: AARON BANKS-JAKE BRENDEL-SPENCER BURFORD
SEA: DAMIEN LEWIS-EVAN BROWN-PHIL HAYNES
TBB: MATT FEILER-RYAN JENSEN-CODY MAUCH
TEN: PETER SKORONSKI-AARON BREWER-DANIEL BRUNSKILL
WAS: SAAHDIQ CHARLES-NICK GATES-SAM COSMI

NOTABLE FAs: RODNEY HUDSON-TRAI TURNER-DALTON RISNER
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This one's tough. I think we're in the bottom third. We have continuity, vet leadership, and quality bookends to hold it together. But Volson still has a lot to prove, while Karras and Cappa are coming off injury so it's hard to know how they'll hold up. They'll probably be fine, just saying.

From ballparking it (i.e., without ranking all 32 at once), I'd put us somewhere in the early-20s. Could be a bit higher or lower, but somewhere in that range. Let's say #22 to put a number on the board. So if you think they should be at #21, you're a homer fool. Likewise, if you'd bump them down to #23, stop drinking and call an Uber. Everyone knows they're #22.

KC is the clear #1. Thuney, Creed and Trey... they have everything. Then the Lions, Eagles, Chargers and Browns to close out the top five. Honorable mention goes out to nobody because I don't believe in honorable mentions. But I like what the Bears are doing. Meaning I like Teven Jenkins. Wouldn't be surprised if he emerged this year. Seems to be coming into his own after a slow start to his career.
Reply/Quote
Middle of the pack. Cappa is one of the better RG’s around the league, and Karras is the definition of solid, but Volson drags them down a bit.

Reply/Quote
Yeah, middle of the pack until Volson grows into a stud. Cappa is a stud when healthy and Karras is solid for sure though.

Finally have a decent interior, about damn time.
Reply/Quote
I can't really give them more than middle of the pack. I hope they're top 10 but it's still a wait and see for Volson.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2023, 01:31 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I can't really give them more than middle of the pack. I hope they're top 10 but it's still a wait and see for Volson.

Depth is the question with the interior even though I love the UDFA's in Kirkland and Brown. Carman, Adeniji, Scharping haven't
shown they can be good at Guard, same with Trey Hill who also plays Center and is a walking penalty anytime he is on the field.
Reply/Quote
I went with middle of the pack, but part of that is because I haven't taken the time to really research how many teams might actually have a better IOL.
Just going on gut-feel.
I would have gone the next level up if Volson had ended the season better, but I see him as the weak point on the IOL right now.
He did improve toward the end of the season compared to beginning last year, so there's improvement, but I don't have confidence he's above average starter yet.
Volson's growth this year could bump them up into that above-average level though.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
As of now, heading into the season I rate them middle of the pack. Providing that Cappa has a full return to previous health and form, and Volson takes that big step forward this season, I could see them rated in that upper 1/3 by mid-season.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I didn't do the poll. I firmly believe that there will be a huge improvement. I thought they got better as the season went on, till Cappa got hurt. I also think those first couple of games were brutal on our rookie. Not too many vet LGs stand toe to toe with Heyward and the others he had to face.
Reply/Quote
My Top 3
KCC
CLV
IND
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I think Volson will improve and the interior line will be top 10. Somewhere around 7.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2023, 08:29 PM)M.W. Wrote: I think Volson will improve and the interior line will be top 10.  Somewhere around 7.

Volson on Offense and on Defense Carter at 3-tech improving the most as sophomores on this team would help this team the most IMO.
Reply/Quote