Poll: Where's OB/JW/LC
1-5 (Elite)
6-12 (Top Tier)
13-19 (League Average)
20-25 (Bottom Tier)
26-32 (League Worst)
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Rank Our OTs (2023)
We move back to the Offensive side and address arguably the most important position group. Bringing over Baby Zues and moving Jonah to RT will be a new look, but how good will it be. Although he's injured, I'll consider LC our swing tackle.

So, where you got them compared to the rest. As always, the competition:

ATL: JAKE MATTHEWS-KALEB MCGARY-JOSHUA MILES
ARZ: DJ HUMPHRIES-KELVIN BEACHUM-DENNIS DALEY
BAL: RONNIE STANLEY-MORGAN MOSES-DANIEL FAALELE
BUF: DION DAWKINS-SPENCER BROWN-BRANDON SHELL
CAR: IKEM EKWONU-TAYLOR MOTON-CAMERON ERVING
CHI: BRAXTON JONES-DARNELL WRIGHT-LARRY BOROM
CLV: JEDRICK WILLIS-JACK CONKLIN-JAMES HUDSON
DAL: TYRON SMITH-TERENCE STEELE-JOSH BALL
DEN: GARETT BOLLES-MIKE GLINCHEY-ISIAH PRINCE
DET: TAYLOR DECKER-PENEI SEWELL-GERMAIN IFEDI
GBP: DAVID BAKHTIARI-YOSH NIJMAN-RASHEED WALKER
HOU: LAREMY TUNSIL-TYTUS HOWARD-CHARLIE HECK
IND: BERNHARD RAIMANN-BRADEN SMITH-BLAKE FREELAND
JAX: ANTON HARRISON-WALKER LITTLE- CAM ROBINSON (SUSP)
KCC: DONOVAN SMITH-JAWAAN TAYLOR-LUCAS NIANG
LVR: KOLTON MILLER-JERMAINE ELUEMUNOR-BRANDON PARKER
LAC: RASHAWN SLATER-TREY PIPKENS-ANDREW TRAINER
LAR: JOE NOTEBOOM-ROB HAVENSTIEN-ALARIC JACKSON
MIA: TERRON ARMSTEAD-AUSTIN JACKSON-ISAIAH WYNN
MIN: CHRISTIAN DARRISAW-BRAINONEILL-BLAKE BRANDEL
NEP: TRENT BROWN-RILEY REIFF-CONOR MCDERMOTT
NOS: TREVOR PENNING-RYAN RAMCZK-JAMES HURST
NYG: ANDREW THOMAS-EVAN NEAL-MATT PEART
NYJ: DUANE BROWN-MEKHI BECTON-BILLY TURNER
PHI: JORDAN MAILATA-LANE JOHNSON-DENNIS KELLY
PIT: BRODERICK JONES-CHUKWUMA OKORFOR-DAN MOORE
SFF: TRENT WILLIAMS-COLTON MCKIVITZ-MATT PRYOR
SEA: CHARLES CROSS-ABRAHAN LUCAS-JALEN MCKENZIE
TBB: TRISTAN WIRFS-LUKE GOEDEKE-BRANDON WALTON
TEN: ANDRE DILLARD-DANIEL BRUNSKILL-NICHOLAS PETITFRERE (SUSP)
WAS: CHARLES LENO-ANDREW WYLIE-CORNELIUS LUCAS

NOTABLE FAs: TAYLOR LEWAN-GEORGE FANT-ERIC FISHER
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I went with league average until I can see how well Jonah Williams does at RT and/or if La'el Collins comes back to his pre-injury Dallas form.
The potential for these OTs is Top 10 in the league, IMO.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Im not counting Jackson Carman out of the RT competition just yet. Entering year 3 and it sounds like the light may have flipped this off-season after getting a taste of playing well in the playoffs last season. He has more experience playing on the right side than Jonah considering he played RG as a rookie.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
I voted top tier 6-12, but that is counting on a seamless insertion of Brown at LT and Williams performing at the best of his ability at RT, so perhaps a little optimism on my part.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2023, 04:44 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I voted top tier 6-12, but that is counting on a seamless insertion of Brown at LT and Williams performing at the best of his ability at RT, so perhaps a little optimism on my part.

Same here, 6-12 hoping either Williams or Carman lock down RT and do well. And if Collins isn't released, we'll always have that to fall back on. I'm keeping fingers crossed that we're going to have the best Oline play we've seen in years this season.
Reply/Quote
I went league average, and compared to what we've had, that's good.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I think you need to look at the talent. Look how each of them played last year. We have a Pro Bowl caliber LT, a below average LG, an average center, an above average RG and an average RT. Im not sure how anyone could think that is a top tier offensive line. To be honest, it looks pretty mediocre. I think they will be better this year but I think they will be middle of the pack. Hopefully 2 or 3 of them make big strides this year. It would be nice to have a top 10 offensive line.
Reply/Quote
Top Tier for once, 6-12. We actually have depth at the OT position now with Carman finally coming on in the Playoffs who I
also am not writing off as a starting RT at some point as Jonah can never stay healthy. Bringing in Orlando Brown made us
so much better at OT and Jonah and Carman have looked great this Offseason. We could be elite if they play like they could.

I know the other guy we brought in hasn't played well in the NFL yet, but he was playing at Guard and not RT his natural
position. He might even surprise. We will see, it looks good for once at OT going into a season and the interior looks good too
besides the unknown depth.

Really like Jaxon Kirkland and Ben Brown at Guard and Center respectively. The OL for once could be a strength. Pollack better
get it done with all this talent or we need to look for someone else.
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2023, 11:54 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I think you need to look at the talent.  Look how each of them played last year.  We have a Pro Bowl caliber LT, a below average LG, an average center, an above average RG and an average RT.  Im not sure how anyone could think that is a top tier offensive line.  To be honest, it looks pretty mediocre.  I think they will be better this year but I think they will be middle of the pack.  Hopefully 2 or 3 of them make big strides this year.  It would be nice to have a top 10 offensive line.

The ranking is specific to just OT, not the entire OL, FWIW.

Most people seem to be landing on Top 6-12 if Brown plays the way he has in the past, and someone out of Williams, Collins, and Carman can end up playing well. But if they play like they have been, the above average play of Brown mixed with the below average play of the other guys will probably balance out to average.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
The difference a year makes. Going into last year I feel a tandem of Orlando Brown Jr and La'el Collins would rank in the Elite category.

I think our bookends get downgraded for sacks because JB will definitely take one.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I know it’s probably wishful thinking but a top 10 OL would do wonders for the entire offense.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Over the last two years, we have added what most in the nfl world considered two top tier type tackles, we still have a previou #1 pick at tackle and a #2 pick playing tackle. This should be a solid group at tackle, if they under perform, I will put more blame on Pollack not being able to move the needle after we have given him quality players and young high round picks out of college to develop.
Reply/Quote
Jonah was our best OL. Then we upgraded everywhere else and our OL got better, then he got bumped to RT after another offseason and free agent upgrade.

We have invested in OL. I went with top tier. Zeus, Jonah, Carman, and Collins is light years better than the Ogbuehi/Booby fart years.

Jonah has a pretty big financial motivation to have a great year. All of them do. But he has the most at stake imo. I'm pulling for Carman to lock down RT. But not ruling out a healthy motivated Jonah, it would be nice if the move to RT benefited him and he plays over there better than he ever did at left.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2023, 05:41 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Over the last two years, we have added what most in the nfl world considered two top tier type tackles, we still have a previou #1 pick at tackle and a #2 pick playing tackle.  This should be a solid group at tackle, if they under perform, I will put more blame on Pollack not being able to move the needle after we have given him quality players and young high round picks out of college to develop.

I do feel like the offensive line and offense as a whole played better as the year went on, which is to be expected and Kansas City had a similar trend the year they revamped their offensive line (Though their end goal was better and I believe they had better guys over all at the time).

I think a year for everyone (minus Brown) and another offseason together and this unit will hopefully start strong. Even more important if Burrow misses all the preseason once again.
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2023, 04:44 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I voted top tier 6-12, but that is counting on a seamless insertion of Brown at LT and Williams performing at the best of his ability at RT, so perhaps a little optimism on my part.

i went with the same ranking.  One thing we certainly have is depth.  I wouldn't be surprised to see them end up top 5 but voted 6-12. 
Reply/Quote
I think it's fair to say the jury is still out with this bunch of OTs. I'll let you know around week 8 of what I think of them.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2023, 04:07 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Jonah was our best OL. Then we upgraded everywhere else and our OL got better, then he got bumped to RT after another offseason and free agent upgrade.

We have invested in OL. I went with top tier. Zeus, Jonah, Carman, and Collins is light years better than the Ogbuehi/Booby fart years.

Jonah has a pretty big financial motivation to have a great year. All of them do. But he has the most at stake imo. I'm pulling for Carman to lock down RT. But not ruling out a healthy motivated Jonah, it would be nice if the move to RT benefited him and he plays over there better than he ever did at left.

No way Jonah was better than Cappa or Karras last year.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2023, 04:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: No way Jonah was better than Cappa or Karras last year.

I think that when he said that Jonah was our best OL, I read it as he was referring to before we brought in all the free agent help.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2023, 04:31 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I think that when he said that Jonah was our best OL, I read it as he was referring to before we brought in all the free agent help.

Ah, well then that was correct. Wink
Reply/Quote
The bar is still low. I would be happy with a middle of the pack OL….
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote