Poll: Where we got the wideouts
2-4
5-10
10-16
I'm a Ravens fan
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rank Our WRs (22)
We move back to the Offensive side of the ball and Rank our WRs. Last year we had them among the best with an unproven JC
http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Rank-our-WRs--27857

Where we got TCB now that Chase has proven to be one of the best WRs in the league?

As always the competition:

ARZ- DEANDRE HOPKINS/ MARQUISE BROWN/ AJ GREEN
ATL- DRAKE LONDON/ BRYAN EDWARDS/ OLAMIDE ZACCHEAUS
BAL- RASHOD BATEMAN/ DEVIN DUVERNAY/ JAMES PROCHE
BUF- STEFON DIGGS/ JAMISON CROWDER/ GABRIEL DAVIS
CAR- DJ MOORE/ ROBBIE ANDERSON/ TERRANCE MARSHALL
CHI- DARNELL MOONEY/ BYRON PRINGLE/ VALUS JONES
CLV- AMARI COOPER/ DONOVAN PEOPLES-JONES/DAVID BELL
DAL- CEEDEE LAMB/ MICHAEL GALLUP/ JALEN TOLBERT
DEN- CORTLAND SUTON/ JERRY JUEDY/ TIM PATRICK
DET- AMON-RA ST BROWN/ DJ CHARK/ JAMESON WILLIAMS
GBP-ALLEN LAZARD/ CHRISTIAN WATSON/ SAMMY WATKINS
HOU- BRANDIN COOKS/ NICO COLLINS/ JOHN METCHIE
IND- MICHAEL PITTMAN/ ALEC PIERCE/ PARRIS CAMPBELL
JAX- CHRISTIAN KIRK/ MARVIN JONES/ ZAY JONES
KCC- MECOLE HARDMAN/ MARQUEZ VALDEZ-SCANTLING/ JUJU SMITH-SCHUSTER
LVR- DANVANTE ADAMS/ HUNTER RENFRO/ DEMARCUS ROBINSON
LAC- KEENAN ALLEN/ MIKE WILLIAMS/ JOSH PALMER
LAR- COOPER KUPP/ ALLEN ROBINSON/ VAN JEFFERSON
MIA- JAYLEN WADDLE/ TYREEK HILL/ CEDRICK WILSON
MIN- JUSTIN JEFFERSON/ ADAM THIELEN/ KJ OSBORN
NEP- DEVANTE PARKER/ JAKOBI MEYERS/ KENDRICK BOURNE
NOS- MICHAEL THOMAS/ JARVIS LANDRY/ CHRIS OLAVE
NYG- KENNY GOLLADAY/ STERLING SHEPARD/ KADARIUS TONEY
NYJ- ELIJAH MOORE/ COREY DAVIS/ GARRETT WILSON
PHI- AJ BROWN/ DEVONTA SMITH/ QUEZ WATKINS
PIT- DIONTAE JOHNSON/ CHASE CLAYPOOL/ GEORHE PICKENS
SFF- DEEBO SAMUEL/ BRANDON AIYUK/ JAUAN JENNINGS
SEA- TYLER LOCKETT/ DK METCALF/ FREDDIE SWAIN
TBB- MIKE EVAN/ CHRIS GODWIN/ RUSSELL GAGE
TEN- ROBERT WOODS/ TREYLON BURKS/ NICK WESTBROOK-IKHINE
WAS- TERRY MCLARIN/ CURTIS SAMUEL/ JAHAN DOTSON
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
#1 short and sweet. No one else is even close to the talent we have this year.
Reply/Quote
#1, and I don’t think anyone else is really even close.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Burrow may never have 3 WRs this good ever again in his career. This could easily be his MVP season (or first MVP season).

Dan Marino had the best season of his career in just his second year.  He was probably a better QB later in his career, but he just did not have as much talent around him.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2022, 01:06 PM)Mer Wrote: #1 short and sweet. No one else is even close to the talent we have this year.

(07-22-2022, 01:07 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: #1, and I don’t think anyone else is really even close.

#1, but it's nowhere near the lead you two are trying to sell it as. The Rams are RIGHT behind with Kupp/Robinson/Jefferson. Then a small step behind that in no particular order are the Cardinals, Chargers, Dolphins, Saints (if Thomas is back), Eagles, Bucs. There's an abundance of WR talent in the NFL right now.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
But, but...I wanted Penei Sewell!!!!

Easiest vote yet. And no, Leonard, it ain't close.
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
If they Arent #1 they are top 4 at least if looking at the top 3 only
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2022, 01:17 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: #1, but it's nowhere near the lead you two are trying to sell it as. The Rams are RIGHT behind with Kupp/Robinson/Jefferson. Then a small step behind that in no particular order are the Cardinals, Chargers, Dolphins, Saints (if Thomas is back), Eagles, Bucs. There's an abundance of WR talent in the NFL right now.

Yea... Rams receivers are right there. I couldnt put one or the other ahead of eachother but Bengals are top 2 at least no matter how you want to rank the Bengals Rams.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(07-22-2022, 01:17 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: #1, but it's nowhere near the lead you two are trying to sell it as. The Rams are RIGHT behind with Kupp/Robinson/Jefferson. Then a small step behind that in no particular order are the Cardinals, Chargers, Dolphins, Saints (if Thomas is back), Eagles, Bucs. There's an abundance of WR talent in the NFL right now.

Agreed on the current high level of NFL WR talent, but I disagree on how close you think the Rams are. Kupp and Chase are a wash, and I’d be ok saying that Kupp has a slight edge, but I think there is a significant downgrade from Higgins/Boyd to Robinson/Jefferson. I wouldn’t even put LA second….I’d probably say Tampa or Miami.

Also, bfine…you show Detroit receivers under DEN and Detroit CBs under DET.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(07-22-2022, 02:39 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Agreed on the current high level of NFL WR talent, but I disagree on how close you think the Rams are. Kupp and Chase are a wash, and I’d be ok saying that Kupp has a slight edge, but I think there is a significant downgrade from Higgins/Boyd to Robinson/Jefferson. I wouldn’t even put LA second….I’d probably say Tampa or Miami.

Kupp won the WR triple crown and nearly had 2k receiving yards. I don't think he will repeat that, will regress a little, and I think Chase will be even better this year than last.

Allen Robinson struggled last year because he had an awful QB. He had 1,250 yards the year before with mediocre QBing. He is a good WR, I am just expecting Higgins to take another step forward. 

Jefferson had 800 yards last year, low catch %, but young so could get better. I like Boyd though over him.

Honestly I am giving the Bengals the edge only because I think that Chase and Higgins will improve over last year and Kupp will regress a bit. It is very close and might be my orange tinted glasses tipping the scale a bit.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2022, 02:39 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Agreed on the current high level of NFL WR talent, but I disagree on how close you think the Rams are. Kupp and Chase are a wash, and I’d be ok saying that Kupp has a slight edge, but I think there is a significant downgrade from Higgins/Boyd to Robinson/Jefferson. I wouldn’t even put LA second….I’d probably say Tampa or Miami.

Yes, I would put Tampa and Miami ahead of the Rams honestly. Kupp is great, but Mike Evans ain't no punk and they have Godwin
and Gage who I think will be a better duo behind Kupp with Robinson and Van Jefferson. Tyreek Hill, Waddle and Cedric Wilson are
extremely explosive they just don't have a QB worth a damn.

Raiders and Chargers also have fantastic WR cores but our top 3 beat anybody hands down.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2022, 03:12 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Kupp won the WR triple crown and nearly had 2k receiving yards. I don't think he will repeat that, will regress a little, and I think Chase will be even better this year than last.

Allen Robinson struggled last year because he had an awful QB. He had 1,250 yards the year before with mediocre QBing. He is a good WR, I am just expecting Higgins to take another step forward. 

Jefferson had 800 yards last year, low catch %, but young so could get better. I like Boyd though over him.

Honestly I am giving the Bengals the edge only because I think that Chase and Higgins will improve over last year and Kupp will regress a bit. It is very close and might be my orange tinted glasses tipping the scale a bit.

All understandable. I also see Kupp having a top 5 WR year so a damn good year barring injury but I don't see him repeating 
what he did last year which was arguably the best season by a WR ever. Chase could very well break his records and it wouldn't
surprise me, he is that good.

Allen Robinson has always suffered from poor QB play poor dude.
Reply/Quote

Thx, fixed.

When making the list I was surprised at how talented Philly could be and they could be closer if you look deeper. They have  Josh Pascal as 4.

If Thomas comes back at 100% and we went 4 deep (CALLAWAY V.THE OTHER THOMAS); I'd see NOS giving us a run for our money
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
BTW, Allen Robinson actually having a good QB in Stafford could help him blow up and be a top WR again like Tee
should become behind Chase this year. I just think Boyd is clearly better than Van Jefferson and that is where they
clearly separate. But the Rams could be argued for #2 easily if Robinson benefits big time from finally having a good
QB and staying healthy.
Reply/Quote
If we believe Madden ratings:
Miami's top 3 receivers are 97, 84 and 75 overall (Hill, Waddle, Wilson).
Buffalo's are 95, 80, 80 (Diggs, Davis, Crowder)
New England's are 82, 81, 81 (Parker, Bourne, Agholor)
NYJ's are 79, 79, 76 (Davis, Moore, Wilson)
Cleveland's are 90, 77 and 74 (Cooper, Grant, DPJ)
Baltimore's are 77, 73, 69 (Bateman, Duvernay, Wallace)
Pittsburgh's are 85, 78, 74 (Johnson, Claypool, Pickens)
Cincinnati's are 87, 84, 83 (Chase, Boyd, Higgins)
Houston's are 87, 74, 73 (Cooks, Dorsett, Conley)
Tennessee's are 86, 73, 70 (Woods, Burks, Westbrook-Ikhine)
Indy's are 83, 75, 74 (Pittman, Campbell, Coutee)
Jacksonville's are 82, 81, 77 ( Jones, Kirk, Shenault)
Las Vegas' are 99, 85, 77 (Adams, Renfrow, Cole)
Denver's are 84, 82, 80 (Sutton, Jeudy, Patrick)
LAC's are 91, 86, 73 (Allen, Williams, Guyton)
KC's are 80, 79, 76 (Juju, Hardman, MVS)
Washington's are 91, 78, 75 (McLaurin, Samuel, Dotson)
Philly's are 87, 83, 78 (Brown, Smith, Pascal)
Dallas' are 85, 83, 74 (Lamb, Gallup, Washington)
NYG's are 82, 81, 79 (Shepard, Golladay, Toney)
Minny's are 93, 88, 76 (Jefferson, Thielen, Wilson)
Chicago's are 79, 75, 74 (Mooney, Pringle, Pettis)
GB's are 79, 78, 77 (Watkins, Cobb, Lazard)
Detroit's are 78, 78, 78 (St. Brown, Chark, Williams)
Tampa Bay's are 92, 89, 78 (Evans, Godwin, Gage)
New Orleans' are 90, 83, 76 (Thomas, Landry, Olave) (they technically have a 77, but it's a nobody).
Atlanta's are 86, 77, 75 (Ridley, Edwards, Tate)
Carolina's are 88, 82, 73 (Moore, Anderson, Higgins)
LAR's are 98, 82, 78 (Kupp, Robinson, Jefferson)
Arizona's are 96, 84, 80 (Hopkins, Brown, Green)
Seattle's are 90, 89, 74 (Lockett, Metcalf, Goodwin)
San Fran's are 89, 81, 72 (Samuel, Aiyuk, McCloud)

So, we all agree that Chase is way underrated. But if we are looking at the overall quality of the top 3 receivers, according to Madden, the only teams that have a 90+and 2 80+s (which I believe we can agree would be what the Bengals realistically have) are us, Arizona and Buffalo. Tampa Bay also has a 90+, a high 80 and a high 70, so you could throw them in as well.

LAR and LV both have an elite receiver, a really good receiver and a weak 3rd receiver. If we were only looking at top 2 receivers, I think these two would have us beat. But since we're looking at the entire corp and both of their corps fall off a cliff after the top 2, I think we can comfortably say that the Bengals are, overall, better than both of them.

I personally think Green is way overrated for Arizona. I'm not sure how they consider him an 80 at this stage of his career, so I'm crossing them out. Buffalo has two exact 80s, which is not inspiring so they're out. That leaves us and Tampa. I would personally take Chase and Higgins over Evans and Godwin, but I could see an argument either way. Boyd I find to be clearly better than Gage so at worst it's a wash but I think Cincinnati comes out on top as the #1 receiver corp in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
Hard to make a case for them not being #1. The only question would be if you rated an entire group of 5-6 WR's. This is why I hope someone grabs that #4 job, and if not they get a useful vet in final cuts or trade a low pick for one.

The goal is to win the ring, I don't want an injury changing what could be a record setting group. Pony up for a 4th WR if Lassiter and Co aren't there yet.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2022, 04:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Thx, fixed.

When making the list I was surprised at how talented Philly could be and they could be closer if you look deeper. They have  Josh Pascal as 4.

If Thomas comes back at 100% and we went 4 deep (CALLAWAY V.THE OTHER THOMAS); I'd see NOS giving us a run for our money

I totally agree about Philly. It sounds like Thomas will be on the PUP early on in New Orleans, but I fully expect Olave to have a really strong rookie season there. I think DJ Chark has a big rebound in Detroit, and their receivers are sneaky good this year. Our boys are number 1 though...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
1st ofc. This should be the easiest position group to rank by far.

We have a top 5 game changing #1. One of the best #2’s in the league. And one of the best slot guys.

Reply/Quote