Poll: Where IDL
1-6 (Among the best)
7-12 (Top dozen in the League)
13-18 (Average)
19-25 (Below Average)
26-32 (I'm mad about DJ)
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rank our DTs (2024)
For our next group we move back to the defensive side of the ball and focus on our IDL. We didn't rank this group last year but we were 31st in YPC last year, so that's not good. We've brought in some new blood, so where we got HILL_RANKINS_JENKINS? As always, the competition:

ARZ: BILAL NICHOLS/ JUSTIN JONES/ KHYIRIS TONGA
ATL: ZACH HARRISON/ DAVID ONYEMATA/GRADY JARRETT
BAL: JUSTIN MADUBUIKE/ MICHAEL PIERCE/ BRODERICK WASHINGTON
BUF: DAQUAN JONES/ ED OLIVER/ DEWAYNE CARTER
CAR: ASHAWN ROBINSON/ SHY TUTTLE/ DERRICK BROWN
CHI: ANDREW BILLINGS/ GERVON DEXTER/ BYRON COWART
CLV: DALVIN TOMLINSON/ SHELBY HARRIS/ MICHAEL HALL
DAL: OSA ODIGHIZUWA/ CHAUNCEY GOLDSTON/ MAZI SMITH
DEN: ZACH ALLEN/ DJ JONES/ JOHN FRANKLIN-MYERS
DET: ALIM MCNEILL/ DJ READER/ LEVI ONWUZRIKE
GBP: DEVONTE WYATT/ KENNY CLARK/ KARL BROOKS
HOU: DENICO AUTRY/ FOLEY FATUKASI/ TIM SETTLE
IND: DEFOREST BUCKNER/RAEKWON DAVIS/ GROVER STEWART
JAX: ARIK ARMSTEAD/ DAVON HAMILTON/ ROY ROBERTSON-HARRIS
KCC: DERRICK NNADI/ CHRIS JONES/ MIKE PENNEL
LAC: OTTO OGBONNIA/ POONA FORD/ JUSTIN EBOIGBE
LAR: BRADEN FISKE/ BOBBY BROWN III/ KOBIE TURNER
LVR: CHRISTIAN WILKINS/ JOHN JENKINS/ TYREE WILSON
MIA: ZACH SIELER/ NEVILLE GALLIMORE/ DASHAWN HAND
MIN: JERRY TILLERY/ HARRISON PHILLIPS/ JONATHAN BULLARD
NEP: KEION WHITE/ DAVON GODCHAUX/ CHRISTIAN BARMORE
NOS: NATHAN SHEPHERD/ KHALEN SAUNDERS/ BRYAN BREESE
NYG: DJ DAVIDSON/ DEXTER LAWRENCE/ RAKEEM NUNEZ-ROCHES
NYJ: JAVON KINLAW/ QUINNEN WILLIAMS/ LEKI FOTU
PHI: JORDAN DAVIS/ JALEN CARTER/ THOMAS BOOKER
PIT: LARRY OGUNJOBI/ KEEANU BENTON/ CAMERON HEYWARD
SEA: DREMONT JONES/ JARRAN REED/ LEONARD WILLIAMS
SFF: MALIEK COLLINS/ JAVON HARGRAVE/ JORDAN ELLIOTT
TBB: CALIJAH KANCEY/ VITA VEA/ LOGAN HALL
TEN: SEBASTIAN JOSEPH-DAY/ TVONDRE SWEAY/ JEFFERY SIMMONS
WAS: DARON PAYNE/ JONATHAN ALLEN/ JERZHAN NEWTON

TOP FA’s: FLETCHER COX/ HASSAN RIDGEWAY/ LINVAL JOSEPH

While we’re on the subject one player I’d bring in for TC is BRYAN MONE. He was a UDFA outta Michigan. Due to injury and Covid he’s not seen a lot of the field, but in 2021 he managed 35 tackles, 1.5 sacks, and 4 STF, 2022 he had 4.4 STF, so he’s strong at the point of attack. He’ 6’3” 345  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
League Average.

Obviously took a hit losing Reader, but hopefully Jenkins and Jackson can push out some of the dead wood (looking at you Zach Carter).

The guys they drafted should help against the run, and Rankins can provide a little more pass rush than we’ve had since Ogunjobi left.

Reply/Quote
Do we even know who the starting Nose Tackle this year will be this season? I voted 19-25 because of that. Also Rankins and Hill are more 2s than 1s.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I voted average but that is actually hopeful thinking. Rankings is not even close to a replacement for Reader. It will depend on what we can get out of the rookies.
Reply/Quote
I counted about 15 that could arguably be better.

Hill doesn’t get a lot of love but he has been a damn good player for us. Rankins is like getting Ogunjobi back and we made it to the Super Bowl the year he played for us. Jenkins and Jackson are the future. I expect some rookie growing pains that hopefully our offense can offset.
Reply/Quote
I'm excited about them but there's just a lot of uncertainty. Three of the four are new, and two are rookies. Plus we lose one of our captains and most battle-tested vets. As such, I put us in the second-last category (19-25). But opportunity knocks for these kids to step up and prove me wrong.
Reply/Quote
Hopefully the young players will step on up. Defense wins you games regardless. Need to utilize them.
Ready for Summer and June!
Reply/Quote
League average, I hope.
Reply/Quote
We'll be fine. While losing Reader hurts (and remember there was no guarantee he would be able to play the first half of the season) we did do a retooling of the DT room. The new room of Hill, Rankins, Jenkins, Jackson is better top to bottom instead of the old room where you had the two starters then it fell off a cliff. Remember that Jenkins in college was an elite run stopper. Jackson likewise was no slouch. Rankins is a good Tackle with more pass rush pop and partners with Hill to give us back our interior pass rush.
Reply/Quote
Going by the above list the Bengals are around 18-21ish.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
To many unknowns for me to vote. I do like what we have, what we do with them is a big question for me.
Reply/Quote
Had to vote average until we see something. Love the guys added though and we are better in the pass rush department at DT.

We were one of the worst run stopping Defenses in the league last year with Reader, we will see how we are this year. I bet we
are much better as it was more of poor communication on the backend, poor tackling and not being able to seal the edge properly
as our reasons for being so bad. Both Jenkins and McKinnley were great run stoppers in college but they will be rookies.
Reply/Quote
TOP 5:

1- WAS
2- PHI
3- KCC
4- TBB
5- DET
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
hard to say right now... Good potential to improve or a chance to have some growing pains this year
Reply/Quote