Poll: Where u got Hubbard, Hendrickson, Ossai
1-6
7-12
13-18
10-24
25-32
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rank our DEs
For the next thread we turn our attention to the DEs. FWIW last year about 84% had our boys 13th or lower (31% below 20)

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Rank-our-DEs

With Trey, Sam, and Joey, where we got NSACK this year?

As always the competition:

ARZ- JJ WATT/ ZACH ALLEN/ MARKUS GOLDEN

ATL- MARLON DAVIDSON/ RASHAAN EVANS/ TROY ANDERSON

BAL- ODAFE OWEH/ TYUS BOWESR/ CALAIS CAMPBELL

BUF- GREG ROUSSEAU/ SHAQ LAWSON/ BOOGIE BASHAM

CAR- BRIAN BURNS/ YETUR GROSS-MATOS/ MARQUIS HAYNES

CHI- ROBERT QUINN/ AL MUHAMMAD/ MARIO EDWARDS

CLV- MYLES GARRETT/JADEVEON CLOWNEY/ CHASE WINOVICH

DAL- DEMARCUS LAWRENCE/ DANTE FOWLER JR/ SAM WILLIAMS

DEN- BRADLEY CHUBB/RANDY GREGORY/ DJ JONES

DET- ROMEO OKWARA/ AIDAN HUTCHINSON/ CHARLES HARRIS

GBP-PRESTON SMITH/ RASHAN GARY/ KINGSLEY ENAGBARE

HOU- JONATHAN GREENARD/ RASHEEM GREEN/ MARIO ADDISON

IND- KWITY PAYE/YANNICK NGOKOUE/ DAYO ODEYINGBO

JAX- JOSH ALLEN/ TRAVON WALKER/ K’LAVON CHAISSON

KCC- GEORGE KARLAFTIS/ FRANK CLARK/ JOSH KAINDOH

LVR- MAXX CROSBY/ CHANDLER JONES/ CLEIIN FERRELL

LAC- JOEY BOSA/ JERRY TILLERY/ CHRIS RUMPH II

LAR- LEONARD FLOYD/ EARNEST JONES/ AARON DONALD

MIA- ANDREW VAN GINKEL/ EMMANUEL OGBAH/ JAELAN PHILLIPS

MIN- DANIELLE HUNTER/ ZA’DARIUS SMITH/ JAYLEN TWYMAN

NEP- DEATRICH WISE/ LAWRENCE GUY/ HENRY ANDERSON

NOS- CAM JORDAN/ MARCUS DAVENPORT/ PAYTON TURNER

NYG- KAYVON WILLIAMS/ AZEEZ OJUIARI/ QUINCY ROCHE

NYJ- CARL LAWSON/ JOHN FRANKLIN-MYERS/ JERMAINE JOHNSON

PHI- BRANDON GRAHAM/ DEREK BARNETT/ JOSH SWEAT

PIT- TJ WATT/ ALEX HIGHSMITH/ CAMERON HEYWARD

SEA- DARRELL TAYLOR/ UCHENNA NWOSU/ BOYE MAFE

SFF- NICK BOSA/ DEE FORD/ DRAKE JACKSON

TBB- JOE TRYON/ SHAQ BARRETT/ WILLIAM GHOLSTON

TEN- JEFFREY SIMMONS/ HAROLD LANDRY/ BUD DUPREE

WAS- CHASE YOUNG/ MONTEZ SWEAT/ CASEY TOOHILL
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Tough group to accurately gauge until we see Ossai in real games. For right now I’ll go with 7-12 (just outside top 10).

Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 09:33 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Tough group to accurately gauge until we see Ossai in real games. For right now I’ll go with 7-12 (just outside top 10).

I got em at 11 myself. They could have a nice lil rotation if Ossai is the truth, and Kareem comes along.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 06:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: FWIW last year about 84% had our boys 13th or lower (31% below 20)

Last year at this time a lot of fans were down on Hubbard.  In 2020 our DTs were so pathetic that no edge rusher was going to get a lot of sacks.  And for some reason no one seemed to remember '18-'19.  But Hubbard did not really improve his sack rate a lot last year.  His sack rate for the first three years of his career was .081 and last year it was .086.  That is one-half of a sack difference over 1000 snaps played.

(06-29-2022, 06:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: With Trey, Sam, and Joey, where we got NSACK this year?

I don't know much about a lot of the guys on other teams.  I feel that Sam and Trey are one of the top duos but we could be thin behind them.
Reply/Quote
I went 7-12.....but if what Ossai flashed last year in the preseason becomes reality on Sundays, QBs better keep their heads on a swivel.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
FWIW, PK and Millz started their ranking of DE's today and gave our boys a low score. They love Trey and Sam, but hate our depth.

They pointed to 24 sacks by our edge last year and 21.5 came from our starters.

I wanted to disagree with this, but not sure I can. I'd love to see us bring in a vet such as:

JPP
Everson Griffin

Hell, I'd even welcome back Big Los if he knew his role

Reply/Quote
I think somewhere around 6-12. Although I probably should have voted 7-12 since I think we would only barely sneak into the other.

Hendickson proved he was a beast. Hubbard seems solid. We got a lot of youth behind them depends on how they develop if we are going to be near the top of the league at the position group.
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2022, 09:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: FWIW, PK and Millz started their ranking of DE's today and gave our boys a low score. They love Trey and Sam, but hate our depth.

They pointed to 24 sacks by our edge last year and 21.5 came from our starters.

I wanted to disagree with this, but not sure I can. I'd love to see us bring in a vet such as:

JPP
Everson Griffin

Hell, I'd even welcome back Big Los if he knew his role

A lot will depend on how Ossai does. If he can have a similar rookie season to Lawson, it’ll be a nice boost.

Reply/Quote
(07-12-2022, 02:28 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: A lot will depend on how Ossai does. If he can have a similar rookie season to Lawson, it’ll be a nice boost.

I'm trying to have high hopes for Ossai but I don't want to get to high. But another one is Cam Sample, can he step up ?
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2022, 10:06 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm trying to have high hopes for Ossai but I don't want to get to high. But another one is Cam Sample, can he step up ?

I wasn’t very impressed with him last season. He played 33% of the defensive snaps, and honestly - I don’t remember noticing him out there even that much.

Reply/Quote
(07-12-2022, 12:54 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I wasn’t very impressed with him last season. He played 33% of the defensive snaps, and honestly - I don’t remember noticing him out there even that much.

Right

I'm not saying he's gonna break out as a monster. Just can he develop into a decent rotational player ? 
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2022, 02:28 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: A lot will depend on how Ossai does. If he can have a similar rookie season to Lawson, it’ll be a nice boost.

The thing that worries me about Ossai is that he looked great in Preseason, but so did Darius Hodge. Hodge didn't even finish the season on the team. I have high hopes but I'd feel  better if we had a proven back up. 

Reply/Quote
Voted 7 thru 12 but think Ossai is a real deal Tasmanian devil and will escalate them up into the top 5

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
We've got a nice DE group. I figure Top 10 range. Trey is the beast and Hubbard was excellent last season in part because the coaches seem to understand how to best use him now. Ossai will rotate well also.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 09:33 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Tough group to accurately gauge until we see Ossai in real games. For right now I’ll go with 7-12 (just outside top 10).

(06-29-2022, 10:33 PM)jason Wrote: I got em at 11 myself. They could have a nice lil rotation if Ossai is the truth, and Kareem comes along.

I am with you guys. I think we could be a top End rotation if the young guys in Ossai, Kareem, Hubert or Gunter come along.

Ossai is the dude I think could make us one of the best. Very good pass rusher that is versatile enough to also stop the run and
be a 3 down End in the NFL and even move to LB to change things up. For now though I vote around 10 or so until somebody 
besides Trey and Sam show up.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2022, 12:40 AM)Joelist Wrote:  Hubbard was excellent last season in part because the coaches seem to understand how to best use him now.

Hubbard's sack rate this season (1 every 117 snaps) was actually worse than it was his first two seasons in the league (1 every 94 snaps).

In 2021 he only had 2 sacks because our DTs were invisible.  It was amazing that after that seasons a lot of fans suddenly forgot how good he was in '19-'20.
Reply/Quote
I went with 13-18, I think we are just above middle of the pack right now. Could very well move up, but need to prove it on the field.
Reply/Quote