25-32 (One of the worst in the League)
0%
0 0%
Total 38 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rank our DTs
Considering that Reader didn't play a down for us and Daniels has injury issues of his own leads me to hope that Shelvin will play well early in the season.

Can't really give the DT unit a grade until they actually play together and they aren't sitting in the nurses tent for long periods.

They have the potential, but they perform?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-05-2021, 01:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As I was preparing the thread I only noticed 3 units that I'd put ahead of them without question:

TBB
LAR
PHI

Others may be better but it could be argued.

Also, it apparently helps to have a last name that starts with O and is hard to spell

Finally, there's a few FAs that could improve our "1st off the bench"

A lot more than three ahead of us going into this season bro
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2021, 11:33 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Considering that Reader didn't play a down for us and Daniels has injury issues of his own leads me to hope that Shelvin will play well early in the season.

Can't really give the DT unit a grade until they actually play together and they aren't sitting in the nurses tent for long periods.

They have the potential, but they perform?

TF you on about?

He started 5 games.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/ReadD.00.htm
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2021, 12:01 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: A lot more than three ahead of us going into this season bro

List all of them bro.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2021, 09:59 AM)fredtoast Wrote: List all of them bro.

In addition to the three u put
Buffalo
Kansas City
Chicago
Pittsburgh
Minnesota
NYJ
Washington
are all better lineups than ours going into this season.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2021, 10:47 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: In addition to the three u put
Buffalo
Kansas City
Chicago
Pittsburgh
Minnesota
NYJ
Washington
are all better lineups than ours going into this season.

These are not better:

BUF:
Butler has had 1 decent year in a 5 year NFL career. A former 1st rounder in which the original team didn't extend the 5th year option
Star is in the twilight of his career and has done nothing since 2017. 
Oliver is good

PIT:
Stephon Tuitt: Has had a great career but it appears age has caught up with him. 16 tackles, 1 sack in 16 games last year
Tyson Alualu is 34 years old.
Cameron Heyward: See Stephon Tuitt, Cam has fallen off even worse and it's been the last 2 years

MIN:
Michael Pierce: Average at best and didn't play a down last year
Twyman: a 6th rd rookie penciled in at #3 because they have nothing else

NYJ:

Sheldon Rankins: Has been who hasn't done anything since 2018

Arguments can be made for KCC, CHI, and WAS, but arguements can also be made for:

Larry O: Averaging 45 tackles and 5 sacks per year over the last 3

DJ: Injury paused a fine young career last year, but he was trending toward a career high in tackles

Mike Daniels: A little long in the tooth at this point, but a solid presence. 

It is why I said only these 3 without debate bro.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-06-2021, 01:04 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: TF you on about?

He started 5 games.

Yeah, and he wasn't all that impressive. Hope he shows the way he played in Houston for us.

Geno being a shadow of himself and the coaches playing him hurt the entire Defense IMO.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2021, 11:43 AM)bfine32 Wrote: These are not better:

BUF:
Butler has had 1 decent year in a 5 year NFL career. A former 1st rounder in which the original team didn't extend the 5th year option
Oliver is good

PIT:
Stephon Tuitt: Has had a great career but it appears age has caught up with him. 16 tackles, 1 sack in 16 games last year
Cameron Heyward: See Stephon Tuitt, Cam has fallen off even worse and it's been the last 2 years

MIN:

NYJ:

Arguments can be made for KCC, CHI, and WAS, but arguements can also be made for:

DJ: Injury paused a fine young career last year, but he was trending toward a career high in tackles

Nice post here Bfine, well said.

Still don't understand your thought of Cam Sample being overlooked cause Shelvin is from LSU...

They don't play the same position.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2021, 03:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think Cam Sample is getting overlooked simply because Shelvin is from LSU. Wouldn't be surprised to see him getting some work inside on 3rd downs

I was waiting to see who would bring him up.  Yes, he will be listed as a DE, as will Hubbard, but we all know that they can swing inside in the so-called NASCAR package, with 4 DEs on the line. 

I think the overall depth at the position, while unproven, has a lot of potential.  I know, I know..."Potential" is latin for "gets coach fired", but if you include Shelvin, Reader, Daniels, Ogunjobi, Sample, and Hubbard, I think there is some real depth there for a lot of different situations.  I also like the idea of Ossai being used as an outside assassin.  

Your post was about DTs, but I am just trying to look at the line as a whole and project how they can play (most specifically) against the division foes.  I sure like it a lot better than what we were rolling out there last year, which was both thin on talent and depth.  
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2021, 11:43 AM)bfine32 Wrote: These are not better:

BUF:
Oliver is good

PIT:

MIN:

NYJ:

Disagree these other teams have proven studs we have reader who’s a 300 plus pound guy coming off a bad injury for someone that large ogunjobi who is a good player in his own right but he isn’t scaring anyone and mike Daniels who at this point is peko. Great locker room guy and solid vet.
Didn’t know pierce didn’t play a down last year however the year before that he was one of the best noses in the game. Like reader. I may concede pierce however then u add dalvin Tomlinson and the rookie twyman and I’m sorry the nod goes to Minnesota. U mention ranking but conveniently leave out quinnen Williams lmao, we don’t have bums but I’m pretty sure majority of the league is gonna take Sheldon rankings and quinnen Williams over a busted up reader and Larry ogunjobi lol And also I appreciate ur effort on Pittsburgh lol but just stop.
Buffalo I’ll give you tho. Not by much.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2021, 02:34 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Disagree these other teams have proven studs we have reader who’s a 300 plus pound guy coming off a bad injury for someone that large ogunjobi who is a good player in his own right but he isn’t scaring anyone and mike Daniels who at this point is peko.  Great locker room guy and solid vet.  
Didn’t know pierce didn’t play a down last year however the year before that he was one of the best noses in the game.  Like reader. I may concede pierce however then u add dalvin Tomlinson and the rookie twyman and I’m sorry the nod goes to Minnesota.  U mention ranking but conveniently leave out quinnen Williams lmao, we don’t have bums but I’m pretty sure majority of the league is gonna take Sheldon rankings and quinnen Williams over a busted up reader and Larry ogunjobi lol And also I appreciate ur effort on Pittsburgh lol but just stop.
Buffalo I’ll give you tho.  Not by much.

Speaking of LOL; Of all listed Pittsburgh is in the worst shape by far. 

Not sure if the majority of the league would agree with Rankings over Larry O and Reader; as both were signed much quicker and at a larger salary.

Reply/Quote
(06-06-2021, 04:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Speaking of LOL; Of all listed Pittsburgh is in the worst shape by far. 

Not sure if the majority of the league would agree with Rankings over Larry O and Reader; as both were signed much quicker and at a larger salary.

Again I think it’s hilarious that u continue to leave out quinnen Williams when talking about the jets. Rankins and quinnen Williams is a better tandem than a busted up reader and Larry ogunjobi who hasn’t been good until he came here lol

Reader was also healthy and coming off a great season last year before we signed him. If he was a free agent this year u really think he would’ve went for that same money annnnd as early as he did no. So stop on that arguement. We don’t know what reader is going to give us. Nobody and I mean nobody banged the table for ogunjobi but now since he’s here u sluts thinks he’s all pro lmao.

And honestly if u wouldn’t take cam heyward and tuitt over reader and ogunjobi then u need to share the drugs you on. I understand the age concern and where they might be in their careers but we literally have no idea what we’re gonna get from reader ogunjobi could be good here but we still don’t know and Daniels at best is peko which isn’t good.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2021, 06:41 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Again I think it’s hilarious that u continue to leave out quinnen Williams when talking about the jets.  Rankins and quinnen Williams is a better tandem than a busted up reader and Larry ogunjobi who hasn’t been good until he came here lol  

Reader was also healthy and coming off a great season last year before we signed him.  If he was a free agent this year u really think he would’ve went for that same money annnnd as early as he did no.  So stop on that arguement.  We don’t know what reader is going to give us. Nobody and I mean nobody banged the table for ogunjobi but now since he’s here u sluts thinks he’s all pro lmao.

And honestly if u wouldn’t take cam heyward and tuitt over reader and ogunjobi then u need to share the drugs you on.  I understand the age concern and where they might be in their careers but we literally have no idea what we’re gonna get from reader ogunjobi could be good here but we still don’t know and Daniels at best is peko which isn’t good.

Okey Dokey. 

Reply/Quote
(06-06-2021, 06:41 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote:  Larry ogunjobi who hasn’t been good until he came here lol  

Nobody and I mean nobody banged the table for ogunjobi but now since he’s here u sluts thinks he’s all pro lmao.

I called for us to draft Ogunjobi in 2017, and this "slut" is more knowledgeable about his accomplishments than you

(06-05-2021, 02:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He was one of the top playmaking DTs in 2018 and 2019.  Over those two seasons among all DTs he ranked 5th in TFLs (20), 6th in solo tackles (68), 11th in QB hits (28), and 12th in sacks (11).

Maybe try again when you have something other than childish person insults to support your position.
Reply/Quote
I vote mid pack with room to improve. On paper, they should be a little better, but we'll have to see how well Reader has healed.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(06-06-2021, 01:04 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: TF you on about?

He started 5 games.

Oh, yes. You are right.

Not sure why I was thinking he never made it on the field.

Reply/Quote
(06-07-2021, 10:49 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I called for us to draft Ogunjobi in 2017, and this "slut" is more knowledgeable about his accomplishments than you

Maybe try again when you have something other than childish person insults to support your position.

Yeah, he is a little out of hand there and I agree with SFBengals sometimes but not here. 

Reader and Ogunjobi could be real good.
Reply/Quote
I went with one of the better position groups in the league. Havin' said that; they're only one of the better groups on paper. Reader's coming off that injury, and he didn't exactly jump off the screen last year. I'm willing to give his performance in that short time a pass. Ogunjobi is solid at worst. Anyone hating on that signing or the player is just spouting off. Mike Daniels is excellent depth, and if he's Domata Peko... sign me up. On paper these guys beat the **** outta what we were trotting out there last year... We shall see.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote