39.06%
25 39.06%
Total 64 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rank our Interior O-Line
32nd.

Until I see the interior line open holes for Joe Mixon and keep Joe Burrow upright I’m not budging from that number.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Who is Carman Jackson? And this other new guy Chase Ja'Marr?
Reply/Quote
I think it will be Spain at LG and I think he will be better than people expect. He was thrust into service under difficult circumstances last season. Being given the nod to start, and getting fully prepped, and under the tutelage of Pollack, I think he will settle in and be quite effective. If Jonah becomes all that he can be, that left side will be fertile ground for Mixon, and a wall for Burrow.
Reply/Quote
I think it will be Spain at LG and I think he will be better than people expect.  He was thrust into service under difficult circumstances last season.  Being given the nod to start, and getting fully prepped, and under the tutelage of Pollack, I think he will settle in and be quite effective.  If Jonah becomes all that he can be, that left side will be fertile ground for Mixon, and a wall for Burrow.  For all the talk about Jordan, a telling fact that caught my attention is that he's just too tall to be really effective.  That condition can't be changed.  It doesn't seem like his problem is a learning curve, it's that he can't get lower than the defender because of his height.  If that's so, he might have been an expensive draft mistake.
Reply/Quote
It's hard to know how to rate our interior OL partly because of the extreme instability the last two seasons there.

Last season when we had MJ at LG and Redmond at RG it was a total sieve and one of the worst interior OLs in memory. When it finally stabilized the last few games with Spain and XSF it actually did its job as evidenced by stats in multiple threads. Carman is an excellent pick and while in college he was Trevor Lawrence's LT he has always projected as a Guard (and a good one) in the NFL. In fact the only G in the draft class clearly rated better was Vera Tucker.

So, a Spain - Hopkins - Carman interior OL COULD be really nice. But we need to see it in action.
Reply/Quote
I graded them between 22-26. One new player to an awful group.

Carman was like the 8th or 9th OT taken, except he's being moved to OG. Who knows how that will turn out. If Williams goes down (played in 10 games out of 32 possible) then Carman will move outside and our interior will be just the same as last year's - Horribly Bad!

While I certainly don't hope for any injuries, it's extremely short sighted to assume there won't be any as we have them every year.

Reply/Quote
(07-03-2021, 01:25 AM)CoachGeorge Wrote: Ahem! Quentin Nelson & Zack Martin say hello.(among many other G’S and C’s)

Bro if ur gonna sit there and act like it’s common to take a guard or center with a top 5 pick then our conversation ends here smh plus Zach Martin was selected in the middle of the first and Nelson was taken 6th lol and honestly I don’t think a center has ever been taken top 5.
Reply/Quote
I have a funny feeling that Carmen will be an immediate impact player. I say 15-21!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2021, 08:40 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Bro if ur gonna sit there and act like it’s common to take a guard or center with a top 5 pick then our conversation ends here smh plus Zach Martin was selected in the middle of the first and Nelson was taken 6th lol and honestly I don’t think a center has ever been taken top 5.

How about the first Bengal ever drafted...
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote