Poll: Where u got our bookends
1-6
7-12
13-18
19-24
25-32
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rank our OTs
We move back to the offense and rank the duo that get paid to protect The Franchise. Last year we had Jonah and Riley mid-lower pack:
http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Rank-our-OTs

So where we got Jonah and The Bodyguard?

As always, the competition:

ARZ- DJ HUMPHRIES/ KELVIN BEECHAM

ATL- JAKE MATTHEWS/ KALEB MCGARY

BAL- RONNIE STALEY/ MORGAN MOSES

BUF- DION DAWKINS/ SPENCER BROWN

CAR- IKEM EKWONU/ TAYLOR MOTON

CHI- TEVIN JENKINS/ LARRY BOROM

CLV- JEDRICK WILLS/ JACK CONKLIN

DAL- TYRON SMITH/ TERRENCE STEELE

DEN- GARRETT BOLLES/ BILLY TURNER

DET- TAYLOR DECKER/ PENEII SEWELL

GBP-DAVID BAKHTIARI/ ELGTON JENKINS

HOU- LAREMY TUNSIL/ TYTUS HOWARD

IND- MATT PRYOR/ BRADEN SMITH

JAX- CAM ROBINSON/ JAWAAN TAYLOR

KCC- ORLANDO BROWN/ ANDEW WYLIE

LVR- KOLTON MILLER/ ALEX LEATHERWOOD

LAC- RASHAAN SLATER/ STORM NORTON

LAR- JOE NOTEBOOM/ ROB HAVERSTIEN

MIA- TERRON ARMSTEAD/ LIAM EICHENBERG

MIN- CHRISTIAN DARRISAW/ BRIAN ONELL

NEP-  ISAIAH WYNN/ TRENT BROWN

NOS- JAMES HURST/ RYAN RAMCYZK

NYG- ANDREW THOMAS/ EVAN NEAL

NYJ- GEORGE FANT/ MEKHI BECTON

PHI- JORDAN MAILATA/ LANE JOHNSON

PIT- DAN MOORE/ CHUKWOMA OKURAFOR

SEA- CHARLES CROSS/ JAKE CURHAN

SFF- TRENT WILLIAMS/ MIKE MCGLINCHY

TBB- DONOVAN SMITH/ TRISTAN WIRFS

TEN- TAYLOR LEWAN/ DILLON RADUNZ

WAS- CHARLES LENO/ SAM COSMI
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I voted 7-12, but if Jonah can take another step forward they could easily move into the top tier.

Reply/Quote
7-12 right now but I think Williams will take another step this season!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Teams that are definitely ranked above us:
Cleveland
Detroit
Green Bay
Indianapolis
Minnesota
Philadelphia
San Francisco
Tampa Bay

Teams that are arguably above us, especially if prospects work out/injuries don't occur:
Baltimore
Buffalo
Carolina
Miami
New England
New Orleans
New York Giants
New York Jets
Tennessee

If we assume Jonah Williams takes a step forward and closes the gap between us and the 9 teams listed in the second group above, I think we just barely edge into the 7-12 group.

We'll have to see how Collins works out for us. I know a lot of Cowboys fans insisted that he was a weakness for them last year, despite good PFF numbers. So we'll have to see if that is just bitterness or if there's a grain of truth to it.
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2022, 05:03 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Teams that are definitely ranked above us:
Cleveland
Detroit
Green Bay
Indianapolis
Minnesota
Philadelphia
San Francisco
Tampa Bay

Teams that are arguably above us, especially if prospects work out/injuries don't occur:
Baltimore
Buffalo
Carolina
Miami
New England
New Orleans
New York Giants
New York Jets
Tennessee

If we assume Jonah Williams takes a step forward and closes the gap between us and the 9 teams listed in the second group above, I think we just barely edge into the 7-12 group.

We'll have to see how Collins works out for us. I know a lot of Cowboys fans insisted that he was a weakness for them last year, despite good PFF numbers. So we'll have to see if that is just bitterness or if there's a grain of truth to it.

Eichenberg was terrible last year, and Becton is a huge question mark with his work ethic concerns. The Bengals have a way better tandem than both those teams right now.

I’d also take both Jonah and Collins over Moses, so I’d have us ahead of Baltimore as well.

Reply/Quote
(07-04-2022, 05:03 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Teams that are definitely ranked above us:
Cleveland
Detroit
Green Bay
Indianapolis
Minnesota
Philadelphia
San Francisco
Tampa Bay

Baltimore
Buffalo
Carolina
Miami
New England
New Orleans
New York Giants
New York Jets
Tennessee

Indy's LT is a 6th RD journeyman with 13 starts in a 4-year career

Minny's LT is a second-year player who didn't do much his first year

Reply/Quote
We're easily in the 7-12 range and like has been said if Jonah improves a bit we're in the top rank.
Reply/Quote
Let's see them get some real game action together, then we can talk top six based on how they play.
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2022, 06:32 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Let's see them get some real game action together, then we can talk top six based on how they play.

We're not ranking the Oline, we're ranking the LTs. We've seen them play. It's not a "How will Jonah and Jax do on the left side". 

Reply/Quote
I think Collins is difference maker for Bengals. Jonah has been steady but does give up frequent sacks. I never thought OT was the problem with the Bengals OL. I always thought guard was issue. OFC, not counting Hart disaster. I went with 7-12.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
7-12 for me as well but potentially could go a lot higher.
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2022, 06:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We're not ranking the Oline, we're ranking the LTs. We've seen them play. It's not a "How will Jonah and Jax do on the left side". 

Whoooosh! My bad, failure by me with the lazy reading.
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2022, 03:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We move back to the offense and rank the duo that get paid to protect The Franchise. Last year we had Jonah and Riley mid-lower pack:
http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Rank-our-OTs

So where we got Jonah and The Bodyguard?

As always, the competition:

ARZ- DJ HUMPHRIES/ KELVIN BEECHAM

ATL- JAKE MATTHEWS/ KALEB MCGARY

BAL- RONNIE STALEY/ MORGAN MOSES

BUF- DION DAWKINS/ SPENCER BROWN

CAR- IKEM EKWONU/ TAYLOR MOTON

CHI- TEVIN JENKINS/ LARRY BOROM

CLV- JEDRICK WILLS/ JACK CONKLIN

DAL- TYRON SMITH/ TERRENCE STEELE

DEN- GARRETT BOLLES/ BILLY TURNER

DET- TAYLOR DECKER/ PENEII SEWELL

GBP-DAVID BAKHTIARI/ ELGTON JENKINS

HOU- LAREMY TUNSIL/ TYTUS HOWARD

IND- MATT PRYOR/ BRADEN SMITH

JAX- CAM ROBINSON/ JAWAAN TAYLOR

KCC- ORLANDO BROWN/ ANDEW WYLIE

LVR- KOLTON MILLER/ ALEX LEATHERWOOD

LAC- RASHAAN SLATER/ STORM NORTON

LAR- JOE NOTEBOOM/ ROB HAVERSTIEN

MIA- TERRON ARMSTEAD/ LIAM EICHENBERG

ONELLMIN- CHRISTIAN DARRISAW/ BRIAN

NEP-  ISAIAH WYNN/ TRENT BROWN

NOS- JAMES HURST/ RYAN RAMCYZK

NYG- ANDREW THOMAS/ EVAN NEAL

NYJ- GEORGE FANT/ MEKHI BECTON

PHI- JORDAN MAILATA/ LANE JOHNSON

PIT- DAN MOORE/ CHUKWOMA OKURAFOR

SEA- CHARLES CROSS/ JAKE CURHAN

SFF- TRENT WILLIAMS/ MIKE MCGLINCHY

TBB- DONOVAN SMITH/ TRISTAN WIRFS

TEN- TAYLOR LEWAN/ DILLON RADUNZ

WAS- CHARLES LENO/ SAM COSMI

I hav in top half, but could see them being top 10 if Collins stays healthy and Jonah keeps improving
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
The Bengals are one of 7 teams in the league that had both starting T's rated 75+. Of those 7, only the Eagles and Bucs had a higher combined grade. Based on PFF rating, Jonah and Collins are a Top 3 T duo and solidly within the Top 5.
Reply/Quote
possibly a top 5 tackle duo
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2022, 06:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Indy's LT is a 6th RD journeyman with 13 starts in a 4-year career

He started over half the season and was only ok which is expected from a rookie especially coming off whatever injury that caused him to miss the first 4 or 5 games. Honestly he looked as good as Jonah Williams. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(07-04-2022, 03:43 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I voted 7-12, but if Jonah can take another step forward they could easily move into the top tier.

Same, I see Jonah getting much better too and La'el could end up being the best RT in the NFL. Dude is crazy talented.

BEAST! Great pick up for our Offense.
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2022, 05:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Same, I see Jonah getting much better too and La'el could end up being the best RT in the NFL. Dude is crazy talented.

BEAST! Great pick up for our Offense.

I think that’s going to be Wirfs for quite a while, but Collins should be our best RT since Willie. Not just solid like Andre or Reiff, but actually elite.

Reply/Quote
(07-04-2022, 06:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Indy's LT is a 6th RD journeyman with 13 starts in a 4-year career

True, but Pryor had a really good 2021, allowing zero sacks in over 400 snaps with a 76.5 pff grade.  He's still young so that could have been a break out year. Plus their RT is one of the best in the game. 

And Minny I was going mostly off draft position. A few Vikings fans I spoke to said they liked what he did. If that was bias and Darrisaw wasn't that good then I can move them to the second list. 
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2022, 09:41 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: True, but Pryor had a really good 2021, allowing zero sacks in over 400 snaps with a 76.5 pff grade.  He's still young so that could have been a break out year. Plus their RT is one of the best in the game. 

And Minny I was going mostly off draft position. A few Vikings fans I spoke to said they liked what he did. If that was bias and Darrisaw wasn't that good then I can move them to the second list. 
Good points. WTS, I usually don't vote in these polls, but as I was putting the list together and looked for Teams better than the Bengals; I came up with:

SFF is

TBB close

NYG can be

Reply/Quote