Poll: Where u got JB
Top 3
4-6
7-10
11-16
I'm a Steelers fan
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rank our QB
(06-27-2022, 12:55 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: PFF had Burrow as highest rated QB in the league behind a porous OL.  There may be other Qbs with better metrics, but Burrow is top 3 in terms of intangibles and lifting teammates level of play.  

Burrow lifted an entire franchise from playoff purgatory in his first full year playing in the NFL.  He transformed the city and worldwide fan base.  

The real true ranking is: who would want to be your teams QB?  There is absolutely no one else I would want for my team's QB other than Burrow.  

Yep. I'd take him over any of them.

I haven't seen this awesome breakdown of Burrow posted yet but I spent the last 10 days in the Alaskan wilderness so I may have missed it.

Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
I have Burrow as a borderline top five guy right now. There are five guys that I don't feel like there is a strong argument that Burrow is better than right now (Rodgers, Allen, Mahomes, Brady, Russell Wilson). I think that 6-10 list has guys like Herbert, Burrow, Prescott, Stafford and Lamar. That 6-8 spot is Herbert/Burrow/Stafford, in some order, in my mind. I think that with another year of experience, better protection and offensive continuity, Burrow will be challenging for a top two spot by end of season. His play after the bye week was just phenomenal. 
Reply/Quote
Heck with it..I'm going with Joe at #1 until someone else knocks him off it..  After last year and 70 sacks to make it to the SB and almost win the darn thing at the gun? It's not even debatable in my mind. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2022, 09:30 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I pretty much hate the Ravens now - but Lamar definitely belongs in that 2nd tier. I’d take him over everyone of those guys except Brady. And if we’re talking going forward - and building a team around a QB for the future - even him.

To me...Lamar is the kind of guy that's really good in the beginning. Then defenses adjust to him and he doesn't have the ability to compensate. 

During the regular season, sure. He's going to get some numbers but when the playoffs start and you're going against the better teams, he's shown to be a little lacking. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2022, 09:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What tier you got Watson in?

If he's playing, middle/bottom of tier 1.

Since he's likely out for an extended period of time, i left him out. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2022, 12:46 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: He took our team to the Super Bowl last season with no offensive line, so I think everyone is underestimating him.

I know I'll sound like a Homer, but I don't think there's any QB that's better than Burrow.

Ben also took a beating on the field by holding onto the ball too long, extending plays, and just scrambling because he had no offensive line.

I know better than to bet against Brady, and I still think he'll be a winner, but I don't think he'll be better than Burrow. He had the most completions of his career last year, most most yards, and second-most touchdowns, so I think he still puts up top tier numbers, but I don't think he can keep up with Burrow in a shootout.

He also threw the ball about 100 times more than his most ever in a season. 

2nd most ever for the regular season, 8 behind Staffords 2012 totals.

Reply/Quote
(06-27-2022, 03:56 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: He also threw the ball about 100 times more than his most ever in a season. 

2nd most ever for the regular season, 8 behind Staffords 2012 totals.

Unreal........... just goes to prove that he's superhuman. 
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2022, 07:14 PM)JUDAS MESIAS Wrote: I put him 4th behind only Brady, Mahomes and Rodgers.

I think he could easily be #1 by the end of this season.

That's how good I think he is and will be.

Same way I feel, I voted top 3 though as there isn't a QB I would want more than Burrow. I agree and think Burrow will be #1
after this season where he may very well break records. Extremely excited to see what Burrow does with a decent OL and a 
running game with Chase, Higgins and Boyd. Also Hurst should be an upgrade in pass catching at the TE position.
Reply/Quote
Everybody voting Mahomes ahead of Burrow who has beaten him 100% of the time while QB'ing the underdog in each game even.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
#1 for me

Bro is a shredder. Can't wait to see him behind a real line.
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2022, 07:33 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Everybody voting Mahomes ahead of Burrow who has beaten him 100% of the time while QB'ing the underdog in each game even.

That’s like saying Baker is better than Burrow because he’s 3-0 against him. Mahomes has a ring and an MVP. I’m as big a fan of JB9 as there is, but there’s just no way we can already put him ahead of Mahomes.

That said, I do think Burrow could end up being better. Mahomes completely wilted against Tampa when his OL wasn’t good: Burrow otoh beat a Titans team in the playoffs while being sacked a record 9x.

Reply/Quote
(06-26-2022, 08:14 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Currently #3

Tier 1 (in order):
Rodgers (he isn't slowing down yet)
Mahomes
Burrow
Allen
Herbert

Tier 2 (in no particular order)
Brady
Wilson
Prescott
Cousins
Stafford
Carr

Eventually, i don't care how much he takes care of his body, Brady is going to fall off a cliff. I don't care what  you do, evenutally, your body just says "sorry, i can't do that anymore".  No amount of medicine or green shakes can fix that.

Ben thought he could do it and he fell off a cliff last year. I expect Brady to do that this year.

Faulk, I've been saying this for 10 years now lol... I got Burrow 2 right behind Allen.. 
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2022, 08:05 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That’s like saying Baker is better than Burrow because he’s 3-0 against him. Mahomes has a ring and an MVP. I’m as big a fan of JB9 as there is, but there’s just no way we can already put him ahead of Mahomes.

That said, I do think Burrow could end up being better. Mahomes completely wilted against Tampa when his OL wasn’t good: Burrow otoh beat a Titans team in the playoffs while being sacked a record 9x.

That's alright, I can

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
and Brady may be the GOAT, but he is not a top 3 QB in the league anymore presently.

Sorry to break the news to everybody, but you were going to find out in a few months anyway.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2022, 10:55 PM)Go Cards Wrote: and Brady may be the GOAT, but he is not a top 3 QB in the league anymore presently.

Sorry to break the news to everybody, but you were going to find out in a few months anyway.

He led the NFL in yards and touchdowns last year
Reply/Quote
I hope no one accuses me of throwing shade on Burrow by saying this. I would say the exact same thing about Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers if they were in this position. Burrow could have one of the best seasons of his career because he may never have 3 WRs this good again.

Burrow will always be one of the top QBs in the league. But this year he has a good shot at MVP type numbers. If every one stays healthy I'll be disappointed if he doesn't.

Over the last two years Rodgers has completed .698% of his passes for 8400+ yds, 85 tds, and only 9 ints for a 116.7 rating. Burrow could put up crazy numbers and still lose to Rodgers, but there is no shame in that.
Reply/Quote
No shade to me Fred, I think you are right on point
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2022, 08:05 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That’s like saying Baker is better than Burrow because he’s 3-0 against him. Mahomes has a ring and an MVP. I’m as big a fan of JB9 as there is, but there’s just no way we can already put him ahead of Mahomes.

I agree. Burrow is our guy, so some of these positions are understandable but Burrow doesn't have the resume to claim he is better than Mahomes, yet. One way to think about it is if Burrow had accomplished what Mahomes has (MVP, OPOY, AP, SB Victory, SB MVP, the fantastic statistical seasons) and another team with a young hotshot QB claimed their guy was better, the collective Bengals fanbase would just say "lol k". 

I do think he will get there. Burrow may not be as flashy as Mahomes, but he has all of the ability to be better. He's just young. 
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2022, 11:01 PM)ATOTR Wrote: He led the NFL in yards and touchdowns last year

Brady is a volume dealer lately. He's still top 10 but he's not top 5 anymore. 

If you adjust his attempts last year to a more reasonable number (other top 3 guys, averaged--658 att) his numbers look something like this.

Comp   Att   Comp%  Yards   YPA   TD   INT   Rating
 422    632    66.7      4580    7.2    37    11     100.2
These are his actual stats up to 632 attempts. 

Which would land him...

Comp- 5th
Att- 5th
Comp%- 16th
Yds- 7th
YPA- 16th
TD- 4th
INT- 17th (worst)
Rating- 9th

Reply/Quote
(06-26-2022, 07:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This.

Burrow, Allen, and Herbert are probably 4-6 right now, but all three guys are knocking at the door of that top tier.

Bold prediction. Burrow, Allen, and Herbert (in some order) will move into the 1-3 positions by the end of the season

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote