25-32 (Bring on barkley)
0%
0 0%
Total 64 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rank our QB (2018)
Each year I do this. Where we rank our player(s) against the rest of the league. I provide a poll with options and encourage everyone to vote. In the past I have made the poll public (you can see who voted where); however, this year I will make them private. maybe get a little more action.

So where we got Andy/

As always the competition:

ARZ: Sam Bradford
ATL: Matt Ryan
BTL: Joe Flacco
BUF: Josh Allen
CAR: Cam Newton
CHI: Mitchell Trubisky
CLV: Tyrod Taylor
DAL: Dak Prescot
DEN: Case Keenum
DET: Matt Stafford
GBP: Aaron Rogers
HOU: Deshaun Watson
IND: Andrew Luck
JAX: Blake Bortles
JCC: Patrick Mahomes
LAC: Phillip Rivers
LAR: Jared Goff
MIA: Ryan Tannehill
MIN: Kirk Cousins
NEP: Tom Brady
NOS: Drew Brees
NYG: Eli Manning
NYJ: Josh Rosen
OAK: Derick Carr
PHI: Carson Wentz
PIT: Ben Rothlesburger
SFF: Jimmy Garapalo
SEA: Russell Wilson
TBB: Jameis Winton
TEN: Marcus Mariota
WAS: Alex Smith

Here's what we though going into last year:
http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Rank-our-QB?highlight=rank+our+qb

About 80% had him 6-13

[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I say 11-14, only because I think the line will offer us a better chance at success, both on the ground and in the air.  IF 85 can play at least 8 games, and John Ross can contribute, along with Tyler Boyd putting the sophomore slump in his rearview mirror, I look for 14 to have a bounce back season and settle in where I think he should be.....11-14.  Of course, he could do better as we saw in 2015, or he could totally flop.  

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
8th

Rodgers
Brady
Brees
Rivers
Ryan
Roethlisberger
Wilson
Dalton

There are 2 or 3 more that I might say are as good as Dalton, but none clearly better.

Garapolo looks like the real deal, but he has not done it for a full season yet.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2018, 03:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 8th

Rodgers
Brady
Brees
Rivers
Ryan
Roethlisberger
Wilson
Dalton

Interesting.....if Watson picks up where he left off, would you move Dalton to 9th?  I think I would, I would also probably have him below Stafford, and maybe Wentz.

Reply/Quote
Being an absolute homer I could see Andy squeezing into the top half:

But I think Jimmy G is the real deal in SFF, Carr bounces back in OAK, and Bradford stays healthy. So I'm gonna roll with 15-18

Reply/Quote
11-14 right now but should be much better this season with a pocket to step into and a running game.

Last time the line was decent he was an MVP candidate and a top 5 QB easily.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2018, 03:54 PM)Wyche Wrote: Interesting.....if Watson picks up where he left off, would you move Dalton to 9th?  I think I would, I would also probably have him below Stafford, and maybe Wentz.

Stafford is one of the guys that I would say is as good as Dalton, but not clearly better.

Wentz looked good for one season in a great system with the leagues #3 rushing game.  I need to see more before I put him ahead of Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2018, 04:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Being an absolute homer I could see Andy squeezing into the top half:

But I think Jimmy G is the real deal in SFF, Carr bounces back in OAK, and Bradford stays healthy. So I'm gonna roll with 15-18

Cousins and Smith are a couple of guys who are as good as Dalton.

Tyrod Taylor has never thrown for more than 20 tds in a season and will be exposed without the leagues number one rush offense behind him.

Funny how Bradford has only one really good season in 8 years and he is better than Dalton while Dalton's best season was a "fluke" that we are supposed to ignore. Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2018, 04:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Stafford is one of the guys that I would say is as good as Dalton, but not clearly better.

Wentz looked good for one season in a great system with the leagues #3 rushing game.  I need to see more before I put him ahead of Dalton.

That's a fair assessment, and to your point, I guess I'd lump Watson in with Wentz.....need to see more.  I was curious as to your thoughts on that. 

Reply/Quote
(06-29-2018, 04:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Being an absolute homer I could see Andy squeezing into the top half:

That's a fair list....but I don't think I'd put Tyrod over Dalton.

Reply/Quote
Andy
Driskel
Barkely
Woodside
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2018, 03:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 8th

Rodgers
Brady
Brees
Rivers
Ryan
Roethlisberger
Wilson
Dalton

There are 2 or 3 more that I might say are as good as Dalton, but none clearly better.

Garapolo looks like the real deal, but he has not done it for a full season yet.

After looking closer at Kirk Cousins numbers I am going to rank him ahead of Dalton.

He has had 3 straight years of 25+ tds, 4000+ yds and 93+ passer rating.  And in none of those years was his running game ranked higher than 20th.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2018, 04:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Cousins and Smith are a couple of guys who are as good as Dalton.

Tyrod Taylor has never thrown for more than 20 tds in a season and will be exposed without the leagues number one rush offense behind him.

Funny how Bradford has only one decent season in 8 years and he is better than Dalton while Dalton's best season was a "fluke" that we are supposed to ignore. Rolleyes

I haven't asked anyone to ignore anything and I simply put Bradford in my could category and with that offense in Zona he easily could.

Awful pragmatic of you to consider the best passer in the NFL last year to be as good as Andy. And I've grown tired of the Andy is as good as Kirk Cousins slant.

We'll see if Tyrod is exposed. I think he's one of the most underrated QBs in the NFL. Buffalo was #14 in YPC last year, #6 in rushing yards, and 15th in TDs. Take away Tyrod's 467 yards at 5.1 YPC and 4 TDs and what you called leagues number one rush offense (every heard of the Saints among others) and they are much worse.

Reply/Quote
(06-29-2018, 04:48 PM)Wyche Wrote: That's a fair list....but I don't think I'd put Tyrod over Dalton.

Admittedly I'm higher on him than most. Pretty sure Baltimore got rid of the wrong QB when they let Tyrod go to Buffalo. Hopefully we didn't make the exact same mistake.

Reply/Quote
Better in no particular order: Alex smith, Wilson, rapist, brees, Brady, cousins, rodgers, rivers, Stafford, ryan.

Maybe better: luck (if hes back to pre injury play he is), cam (definitely a better runner but his pass accuracy is shaky), wentz (as of right now he is just want to see more than most of a season of good play), Goff (same as wentz)

Equal: Keenum, Bradford, Carr, Mariota

Unknown: the rookies, trubisky, jimmy g, mahomes, Watson.

That's puts him in the 15-18 range based on poll options. Hope he can move up based on his own merit and not of bad play from the other QBs.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
In no particular order, I have these guys as better overall than Dalton:

CAR: Cam Newton
DAL: Dak Prescot
IND: Andrew Luck
SFF: Jimmy Garapalo
HOU: Deshaun Watson
OAK: Derick Carr
NYG: Eli Manning
LAR: Jared Goff
PHI: Nick Foles (I know he's technically a backup, but he's proven to be better than Dalton come playoff time.)

21. CIN: Andy Dalton

In no particular order, I have these guys as not as good as Dalton:

TBB: Jameis Winton
TEN: Marcus Mariota
ARZ: Sam Bradford
BTL: Joe Flacco
BUF: Josh Allen
CHI: Mitchell Trubisky
DEN: Case Keenum
JAX: Blake Bortles
JCC: Patrick Mahomes
MIA: Ryan Tannehill
NYJ: Josh Rosen

Reply/Quote
It's tough to gage, actually. As I feel as if you put most of the "elite" QBs on the Bengals last year, they end up on the IR, rather than turning in another elite level season. Just as I feel if you put Andy behind Dallas or Philly's line, he's instantly heading toward the top 5.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I accidentally voted for the wrong tier (19-24), I meant to vote 15-18 (Middle of the road).

Reply/Quote
voted 6 -10

but actually that is a projection. Think right now he is 11 - 15 but expecting solid rushing attack opening things up and Andy ascending up the ladder this season.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2018, 06:55 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It's tough to gage, actually.  As I feel as if you put most of the "elite" QBs on the Bengals last year, they end up on the IR, rather than turning in another elite level season.  Just as I feel if you put Andy behind Dallas or Philly's line, he's instantly heading toward the top 5.

Agree completely

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote