27-32 (Andy's done)
0%
0 0%
Total 44 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Rank our QB (2019)
Each year I post a series of threads where we rank our starter against others in the NFL and 2019 will be no different. As usual we will start out with the QB. Last year the consensus(42%) had Andy at 11-14 he finished 26th. So where do we have the Red Rocket this year? Make sure you vote in the poll.

As always the competition:

ARZ: Kyler Murray
ATL: Matt Ryan
BTL: Lamar Jackson
BUF: Josh Allen
CAR: Cam Newton
CHI: Mitchell Trubisky
CLV: Baker Mayfield
DAL: Dak Prescot
DEN: Joe Flacco
DET: Matt Stafford
GBP: Aaron Rogers
HOU: Deshaun Watson
IND: Andrew Luck
JAX: Nick Foles
JCC: Patrick Mahomes
LAC: Phillip Rivers
LAR: Jared Goff
MIA: Ryan Fitzpatrick
MIN: Kirk Cousins
NEP: Tom Brady
NOS: Drew Brees
NYG: Eli Manning
NYJ: Sam Darnold
OAK: Derick Carr
PHI: Carson Wentz
PIT: Ben Rothlesburger
SFF: Jimmy Garapalo
SEA: Russell Wilson
TBB: Jameis Winton
TEN: Marcus Mariota
WAS: Dwayne Haskins
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Where’s the poll?

Also, the Jets QB is Darnold.

Reply/Quote
(06-26-2019, 10:47 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Where’s the poll?

Also, the Jets QB is Darnold.

You have to post the thread then make the thread. It's there now

I correct the name

Reply/Quote
I would take Dalton over the following QB’s:

Mariota
Winston
Manning
Fitzpatrick
Flacco
Allen
Jackson

So I guess that puts him in the 21-26 tier. Yikes. I actually thought I’d have him a little higher.

Reply/Quote
I think he was TOP HALF, now he is Just in the Bottom Half.

It's the circle of a QB's life.
Reply/Quote
This is a loaded thread to bring out the Andy lovers vs the Andy haters. I think Andy is average(16-20). He is able to win with the right supporting cast but can't carry a team to the promised land on his own. What you need to ask yourself is if Andy were in the same situation as say Ben, Brady etc would he be as successful? The answer , whether you will admit it or not, is hell no. That being said the Ravens won the SB with Dilfer and Andy is heads above him.
Reply/Quote
Right now I'm just picturing Dalton being ground into the turf, so i might hold off on any predictions for the time being
Reply/Quote
Andy is and always will be the greatest QB since the invention of sliced bread and that's only if we're comparing him with sliced bread. I'd much rather have Andy playing QB than a thin slice of bread . Bread isn't that good at throwing footballs. 
I'm a bit surprised his rating in this thread is so low which is the single greatest indicator of the lack of paying attention to things. Andy is much better than many other QB's.
You'll appreciate my Captain Obviousness more someday when it's obvious that the obvious is more obvious. That's the ticket!  Obviousness has always been underrated. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(06-26-2019, 11:30 AM)grampahol Wrote: Andy is and always will be the greatest QB since the invention of sliced bread and that's only if we're comparing him with sliced bread. I'd much rather have Andy playing QB than a thin slice of bread . Bread isn't that good at throwing footballs. 
I'm a bit surprised his rating in this thread is so low which is the single greatest indicator of the lack of paying attention to things. Andy is much better than many other QB's.
You'll appreciate my Captain Obviousness more someday when it's obvious that the obvious is more obvious. That's the ticket!  Obviousness has always been underrated. 

I want to see how the bread runs a huddle, and can it improvise when a play breaks down...
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2019, 11:38 AM)HuDey Wrote: I want to see how the bread runs a huddle, and can it improvise when a play breaks down...

I think the term "best thing since sliced bread" is to indicate best thing in a long time, not that sliced bread is the best thing.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2019, 11:00 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I would take Dalton over the following QB’s:

Mariota
Winston
Manning
Fitzpatrick
Flacco
Allen
Jackson

So I guess that puts him in the 21-26 tier. Yikes. I actually thought I’d have him a little higher.

Honestly, I'd put him above Foles, Darnold, Haskins, and Carr also.

But, I don't know...if you offered me Allen straight up for Dalton, I might make that trade.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2019, 01:15 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Honestly, I'd put him above Foles, Darnold, Haskins, and Carr also.

But, I don't know...if you offered me Allen straight up for Dalton, I might make that trade.

It would be interesting seeing Allen and Ross attempting to connect on a deep route.  I wonder if they'd even be in the same zip code. 
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2019, 11:38 AM)HuDey Wrote: I want to see how the bread runs a huddle, and can it improvise when a play breaks down...

It crumbles in the Huddle and gets Toasted when a play breaks down!
Reply/Quote
I listed out the QBs and ordered them in my own rankings for each - leaving Mayfield off the list, just because. It wasn't hard to find 17 to put in front of Dalton, so I stopped there. I didn't include any rookies ahead of him either because none of them have done anything in the NFL yet to rank them above the bottom.

Reply/Quote
(06-26-2019, 10:44 AM)bfine32 Wrote: ARZ: Kyler Murray
ATL: Matt Ryan
BTL: Lamar Jackson
BUF: Josh Allen
CAR: Cam Newton
CHI: Mitchell Trubisky
CLV: Baker Mayfield
DAL: Dak Prescot
DEN: Joe Flacco
DET: Matt Stafford
GBP: Aaron Rogers
HOU: Deshaun Watson
IND: Andrew Luck
JAX: Nick Foles
JCC: Patrick Mahomes
LAC: Phillip Rivers
LAR: Jared Goff
MIA: Ryan Fitzpatrick
MIN: Kirk Cousins
NEP: Tom Brady
NOS: Drew Brees
NYG: Eli Manning
NYJ: Sam Darnold
OAK: Derick Carr
PHI: Carson Wentz
PIT: Ben Rothlesburger
SFF: Jimmy Garapalo
SEA: Russell Wilson
TBB: Jameis Winton
TEN: Marcus Mariota

WAS: Dwayne Haskins

The 8 QBs in bold are the only that I would not trade Andy for straight up if given the chance. So that puts him at 24

Remove the Rookies and Jimmy G (although I think all will be better I can't give them the benefit in the rankings) and he's at 21.

WTS, I think there will be a surprise raiser and faller this year (Winston will rise/ Big Ben will fall).

If I were doing tiers I'd say Tier 3 out of 4. 

Reply/Quote
I would say his play goes between 20-10; it's hard to rank him because there are so many guys similar to him.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2019, 03:29 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I would say his play goes between 20-10; it's hard to rank him because there are so many guys similar to him.

This.  There are a few that i would not say are better or worse than dalton
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2019, 03:29 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I would say his play goes between 20-10; it's hard to rank him because there are so many guys similar to him.

When the Dalton Line was coined many kicked back. The premise is: If you got a QB better than Dalton you're set. If you've go a QB worse than Dalton, you need one. If you've got Dalton you're don't know what to do.

10 years later and it still hold true. 

Reply/Quote
I voted that QB is a problem - but heavily impacted by the state of the o line.

Losing our rookie LT is a disaster. The line was awful last year and it is not looking any better for this year.
Reply/Quote
I voted 16 - 20 which is where his numbers will probably slot him in but there are about 22 on that list that I’d swap him for right now.
Reply/Quote