Poll: Where we got Andy
This poll is closed.
1-5 (Andy is Top 5)
3.64%
2 3.64%
6-10 (Andy is top 10)
34.55%
19 34.55%
11-13 (One of the better QBs in the NFL)
43.64%
24 43.64%
14-17 (Pretty much middle of the road)
14.55%
8 14.55%
18-32 (I want AJM)
3.64%
2 3.64%
Total 55 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rank our QB
Each year just before the season I do a series of threads where we rank our players against the rest of the league and as always we start with the signal caller.

Last year 9-12 won with 6-8 running a close 2nd:
http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Rate-our-QB

So where you got the Red Rocket compared to the rest of the league?

As always the competition:

ARZ- Carson Palmer
ATL- Matt Ryan
BAL- Joe Flacco
BUF- Tyrod Taylor
CAR- Cam Newton
CHI- Mike Glennon
CLV- Cody Kessler
DAL- Dak Prescot
DEN- Trevor Semion
DET- Matthew Stafford
GBP- Aaron Rodgers
HOU- Tom Savage
IND- Andrew Luck
JAX- Blake Bortles
KCC- Alex Smith
LAC- Philip Rivers
LAR- Jared Goff
MIA- Ryan Tannehill
MIN- Teddy Bridgewater
NEP- Tom Brady
NOS- Drew Brees
NYG- Eli Manning
NYJ- Josh McCown
OAK- Derek Carr
PHI- Carson Wentz
PIT- Ben Roethlisberger
SEA- Russel Martin
SFF- Brian Hoyer
TBB- Jameis Winston
TEN- Marcus Mariota
WAS- Kirk Cousins
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Seriously?
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2017, 12:47 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Seriously?

...........uuuuuuuhhhhhhhmmmmmm? Yeah. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
[Image: acf32d8878877749dab07ad91f4934d18f19163b...599aa7.jpg]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I rank Andy better than sliced bread when it comes to football. In culinary things it's an entirely different result. Sliced bread actually ranks higher on a sandwich than even Tom Brady.. whoda thunk it?

Yeah, I know what you're thinking before you even say it.. Take this more serious because it's, uhhh. Importanter.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
11-13 for now

He'll be in top 10 before season ends if O-line doesn't stink bad.
Reply/Quote
I'd say 11-13 as well. Can't forget that Andy looked like a legitimate MVP candidate prior to his thumb injury in 2015. Then the oline went to crap, Dalton lost some targets and he kinda fell back to "average". I believe Dalton is one of those QB's who needs a great supporting cast to be great. Not a good supporting cast, a great one. And aside from the O-line, he has a damn good supporting cast IMO. If he can stay upright and healthy, I wouldn't be shocked if Dalton finished as a top 5 rated QB after this year.
Reply/Quote
Dalton is the Top QB on the Team... #1
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2017, 01:27 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I'd say 11-13 as well. Can't forget that Andy looked like a legitimate MVP candidate prior to his thumb injury in 2015. Then the oline went to crap, Dalton lost some targets and he kinda fell back to "average". I believe Dalton is one of those QB's who needs a great supporting cast to be great. Not a good supporting cast, a great one. And aside from the O-line, he has a damn good supporting cast IMO. If he can stay upright and healthy, I wouldn't be shocked if Dalton finished as a top 5 rated QB after this year.

the better the supporting class the better the QB can play  TRUE for Every QB
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2017, 01:29 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: the better the supporting class the better the QB can play  TRUE for Every QB

Of course, but some can get by and win championships with just a "good" supporting cast. I don't think Andy is one of those guys. I haven't seen anything that shows otherwise... yet. 

Although I do believe he is handcuffed by the coaching staff quite a bit...
Reply/Quote
For sure
Matt Ryan
Cam
Aaron
Brady
Brees
Rottenturd
Russell wilson

Debatable
Luck
Stafford
Rivers
Carr
Dak
Winston
Cousins
Mariota
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2017, 01:44 PM)NATI BENGAL Wrote: Dak

Talk about a supporting cast!!  No, I'm not saying that I don't think he's a good QB, but he HAS HAD only ONE year and, probably the best supporting cast in football last year!!  Time will tell!!
Reply/Quote
Goddamnit. Picked the wrong option.

Gun to my head, I'd put him in the top 10. He'd be near the bottom, but top 10 nonetheless. Genuinely have a hard time naming ten quarterbacks who I'd put over him.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2017, 01:06 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: 11-13 for now

He'll be in top 10 before season ends if  O-line doesn't stink bad.

This^ 
Reply/Quote
I dont like ranking players I prefer a Tier system. Dalton is a solid Tier 2 QB. Hes a very good QB that you can build an offense around not one of the 2 or 3 elite QBs. Hes not a JJ Watt or Von Miller...Hes a Cameron Wake...or maybe a Carlos Dunlap.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Somewhere between 11-17. Andy has gotten better, but he's not in the 75th percentile. That level is reserved for the elite talents, especially those with Playoff success. That said, either 11-13 or 14-17 could easily be argued for. For the record, I voted 11-13.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
I've been saying Dalton is somewhere around 12 because it sounds right...but looking over that list, it's a struggle to pick 10 that are definitely better. There are probably 5 QBs where you could flip a coin. Guys like Stafford and Newton are in the same tier IMO, although Cam was awful last year. Young guys like Dak could turn out like Russell "Martin" Wilson...or they could be the next Kaepernick or Josh Freeman. 

Keep in mind that the majority of these QBs haven't won a playoff game, and only 1 plays for Marvin.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I have him at 8.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2017, 06:09 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I've been saying Dalton is somewhere around 12 because it sounds right...but looking over that list, it's a struggle to pick 10 that are definitely better. There are probably 5 QBs where you could flip a coin. Guys like Stafford and Newton are in the same tier IMO, although Cam was awful last year. Young guys like Dak could turn out like Russell "Martin" Wilson...or they could be the next Kaepernick or Josh Freeman. 

Keep in mind that the majority of these QBs haven't won a playoff game, and only 1 plays for Marvin.

I picked 11-13 without looking at the list, just because it "felt" right. After looking at the list, i said to myself, "self...who would you consider to be at least equal to Dalton, in this list?" 

I counted 12 that i felt were at least equal to him. A couple i didn't consider because i felt they haven't done it long enough yet. 

I still feel 11-13, with what he's done in his career, is a solid pick. But i do believe he can climb the list if he continues to do what he's done over the last 2 years.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I'll be conservative and say 11-13. I think a case can be made for top 10 though. It's all subjective after the top 3 or 4 anyway.

Reply/Quote