25-32 9One of the worst in the League)
4.26%
2 4.26%
Total 47 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rank our RBs
We are mid pack. Evans could get us in the top 10.
Reply/Quote
I voted 7-12 before I saw your list (thanks for taking the time), but that is largely based on POTENTIAL. Mixon has the stage set to go from 50 targets to around 50 or more RECEPTIONS this season. He could actually threaten 2000 all-purpose yards. I think he is capable and I believe in Pollack and the line improvements.

Perine is exactly the kind of back-up RB I like: The second string guy comes bowling at you at over 235 lbs? Yeah, DBs love that shit.

Chris Evans is that DeDe Dorsey/Bernard Scott question mark. He will probably flash in a preseason game and have us all drooling, but will he ever see the field? Can they use him as a receiver like we always thought would happen for Gio? I don't know. I like him a LOT based on his athleticism and character.

That is a pretty solid trio. It isn't close to Cleveland, who have two #1 RBs, but let's face it...they got Hunt on a dime because of his legal issues and they will both probably want big money soon.

I don't really know a lot about the rest of the leagues #2 or #3 RBs, but I would say Detroit, Dallas, Green Bay, Indy, Jax, Vegas, New England, New Orleans, Tampa, and Tennessee are pretty stacked. That would put us around 11 or 12. I am sure I am missing someone (or two).

Bottom line: We may be top heavy, but I like Perine as our big back that doesn't let up and Evans' versatility.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think easily somewhere from 7-12 with just Mixon alone.
Reply/Quote
With Gio....above average, without him, mid pack. The numbers don't show it, but the talent is/was there.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Potential to be middle to 10-15

Likely to end up mid to lower 20s in rushing yards this year. if last few seasons are the trend
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2021, 10:54 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I think easily somewhere from 7-12 with just Mixon alone.

Not sure I see how Mixon carries that much ranking power... in no real order:

Derrick Henry
Josh Jacobs
Dalvin Cook
Ezekiel Elliott
Alvin Kamara
Christian McCaffrey
Aaron Jones
Nick Chubb
Chris Carson
Jonathan Taylor
Phillip Lindsay
Saquon Barkley

That's 12 that are all ahead of Mixon. Then Mixon is in the next group of RBs with JK Dobbins, James Robinson, Kareem Hunt, Miles Sanders, and Mark Ingram.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Guys could make an intelligent argument at just about anywhere. Will be interesting.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2021, 04:14 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Not sure I see how Mixon carries that much ranking power... in no real order:

Derrick Henry
Josh Jacobs
Dalvin Cook
Ezekiel Elliott
Alvin Kamara
Christian McCaffrey
Aaron Jones
Nick Chubb
Chris Carson
Jonathan Taylor
Phillip Lindsay
Saquon Barkley

That's 12 that are all ahead of Mixon. Then Mixon is in the next group of RBs with JK Dobbins, James Robinson, Kareem Hunt, Miles Sanders, and Mark Ingram.

Yeah, I agree. This is an average at best backfield as it currently stands. We have no idea about Evans, Mixon is very talented but has injury issues and Perine is nothing special.
Reply/Quote
Would say 7-12 if not for the question marks on O-line still.

Do think O-line will be vastly improved, yet its still a mystery so will go with 13-18 range.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
If Mixon can stay healthy I think 7-12 is possible. Teams are not going to be able to stack the box with the weapons we have at WR.

Reply/Quote
I still have to say that I haven't seen Mixon used right in his career here. He should be used more like Kamara and then we
could really see what we have in him. He has great hands just like Kamara but is much more physical after the catch. Always
thought we should of used both Mixon and Gio in the backfield at the same time to make Defenses guess. We can do the same
with Chris Evans who also has great hands and is a willing blocker.

Not saying this should be a primary Offense, just think would help the Offense as a whole if we saw this at times.

I know Burrow loves the empty sets but this adds blockers as well as other options for him and is great for resting one of our
WR's if needs be. Also, Burrow could always call audibles and go into the empty sets if he sees something while Mixon and
Evans move into the Slot or out wide.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2021, 09:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I still have to say that I haven't seen Mixon used right in his career here. He should be used more like Kamara and then we
could really see what we have in him. He has great hands just like Kamara but is much more physical after the catch. Always
thought we should of used both Mixon and Gio in the backfield at the same time to make Defenses guess. We can do the same

Not saying this should be a primary Offense, just think would help the Offense as a whole if we saw this at times.

I know Burrow loves the empty sets but this adds blockers as well as other options for him and is great for resting one of our
WR's if needs be. Also, Burrow could always call audibles and go into the empty sets if he sees something while Mixon and

I banged the drum for years now for them to mix in a couple 2 back sets a game. If for no other reason than to give the opposing D something else to worry about.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2021, 09:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I still have to say that I haven't seen Mixon used right in his career here. He should be used more like Kamara and then we

I thought the same thing about Mixon... for awhile. Now I'm not sure anymore. I get it; he's played behind bad lines, but it's hard for me to envision that he's much more than what we've seen at this point. Two different coaching staffs have had their hands on him, and we see the same thing. His big year was what? 2018? He led the AFC in yardage. I think his main competition for that title was an UDFA... Phillip Lindsay. LeVeon Bell sat that year. Melvin Gordon was hurt. Kareem Hunt didn't finish the season. Derrick Henry really wasn't a thing yet. Mixon leading the conference was almost by default.

His lil video aside, I was high on Mixon coming out in 2017. We took that Mike Brown red flag approach, and got a guy who probably should've went in the first round... But some guys just don't translate their collegiate greatness to the NFL, and I'm starting to wonder if that's the case with Joe Mixon. Do I think he'd have a better career if he'd have went to NO instead of Kamara? Yep. Do I think he'd do there what Kamara does... Nope. Fwiw I don't think Kamara is as good as he is if he landed in Cincinnati though either.

Also... Anybody else think Joe Mixon and Julius Randle from the Knicks might be the same guy? F***ing twinsies.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2021, 03:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am still a big fan of Treyveon because I watched him in the SEC, but it seems Perine passed him on the depth charts.

I like the hype I hear about Evans, but I have to se it before i put any faith in him.

Big fan of Mixon.

Lack of depth should probably put us in the second tier, but I am casting a top 6 homer vote here.

Tray imo is meh at best
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2021, 09:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I still have to say that I haven't seen Mixon used right in his career here. He should be used more like Kamara and then we
could really see what we have in him. He has great hands just like Kamara but is much more physical after the catch.

Except I don't know if he actually is. Receptions per broken tackle 2018-2020 (the only 3 years PFR has the stats for):
Joe Mixon, 12.4
Giovani Bernard, 16.0
Alvin Kamara, 7.4

For a 220-230lb back, Mixon honestly doesn't break many tackles running or catching.

Rushes per broken tackle 2018-2020:
Joe Mixon, 19.2
Giovani Bernard, 15.5
Alvin Kamara, 8.0

Alvin Kamara isn't a small RB. He's 215lbs.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2021, 10:50 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I banged the drum for years now for them to mix in a couple 2 back sets a game. If for no other reason than to give the opposing D something else to worry about.

Yes, remember you and I both doing this along with Jason here and SHRacer I think.

(06-02-2021, 11:04 PM)jason Wrote: I thought the same thing about Mixon... for awhile. Now I'm not sure anymore. I get it; he's played behind bad lines, but it's hard for me to envision that he's much more than what we've seen at this point. Two different coaching staffs have had their hands on him, and we see the same thing. His big year was what? 2018? He led the AFC in yardage. I think his main competition for that title was an UDFA... Phillip Lindsay. LeVeon Bell sat that year. Melvin Gordon was hurt. Kareem Hunt didn't finish the season. Derrick Henry really wasn't a thing yet. Mixon leading the conference was almost by default.

His lil video aside, I was high on Mixon coming out in 2017. We took that Mike Brown red flag approach, and got a guy who probably should've went in the first round... But some guys just don't translate their collegiate greatness to the NFL, and I'm starting to wonder if that's the case with Joe Mixon. Do I think he'd have a better career if he'd have went to NO instead of Kamara? Yep. Do I think he'd do there what Kamara does... Nope. Fwiw I don't think Kamara is as good as he is if he landed in Cincinnati though either.

Also... Anybody else think Joe Mixon and Julius Randle from the Knicks might be the same guy? F***ing twinsies.

We will see, hard to know really with as bad of blocking Mixon has had in front of him.

Really my only complaint from him is what TLL said about finishing long runs in the TD's, he just doesn't do it.

At least not so far in his career. I still remember that play a couple years back when he caught a pass out side lined up as a WR
and spinned out of a tackle, made another guy miss and got into the End Zone. Thought that was the first of many eye opening 
plays from Mixon. Hasn't really happened yet to the extent I thought it would.

(06-03-2021, 07:13 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Except I don't know if he actually is. Receptions per broken tackle 2018-2020 (the only 3 years PFR has the stats for):
Joe Mixon, 12.4
Giovani Bernard, 16.0
Alvin Kamara, 7.4

For a 220-230lb back, Mixon honestly doesn't break many tackles running or catching.

Rushes per broken tackle 2018-2020:
Joe Mixon, 19.2
Giovani Bernard, 15.5
Alvin Kamara, 8.0

Alvin Kamara isn't a small RB. He's 215lbs.

Not really talking about broken tackles, who would you rather tackle? Mixon or Kamara, easy answer for me.

Kamara is better at making defenders miss that is for damn sure. True, he isn't a small back either.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2021, 03:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Trayveon was great at Texas A&M. Been very surprised by his poor play so far in the NFL. 

Thought he was a major steal at the time.

Trayveon veraged 6 YPC last year and added on 5 catches in very limited playing time in his second year after being a 6th rounder with a head coach who loves to throw. He just hasn't had much opportunity. I'm not ruling him out.

If we are behind a lot and/or the games are really close I think we will use Mixon a whole lot more than others. If we can get up on teams quick which is real possibility and our defense starts to gel and allow us to build a lead and we can start pounding.. Watch out. 

Went top 6. We will lean on Mixon early possible early season rushing leader. Burrow will get a little more comfortable as the season goes and we will start whipping fools letting Perine put up some big games in a closer roll. Trayveon or Evans establishing themselves as a quality 3rd down back pushes us in to top 6. 
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2021, 04:14 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Not sure I see how Mixon carries that much ranking power... in no real order:

Derrick Henry
Josh Jacobs
Dalvin Cook
Ezekiel Elliott
Alvin Kamara
Christian McCaffrey
Aaron Jones
Nick Chubb
Chris Carson
Jonathan Taylor
Phillip Lindsay
Saquon Barkley

You are not taking into account the O-lines these guys play behind,

For example Josh Jacobs had a nice season in 2019, but he was running behind an O-line with a Pro Bowl center (Hudson) and Pro Bowl RT (Brown) and a Guard who has been selected to 4 Pro Bowls in his career (Incognito).  Mixon would have put up huge numbers behind a line like that
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2021, 09:58 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Trayveon veraged 6 YPC last year and added on 5 catches in very limited playing time in his second year after being a 6th rounder with a head coach who loves to throw. He just hasn't had much opportunity. I'm not ruling him out.

If we are behind a lot and/or the games are really close I think we will use Mixon a whole lot more than others. If we can get up on teams quick which is real possibility and our defense starts to gel and allow us to build a lead and we can start pounding.. Watch out. 

Went top 6. We will lean on Mixon early possible early season rushing leader. Burrow will get a little more comfortable as the season goes and we will start whipping fools letting Perine put up some big games in a closer roll. Trayveon or Evans establishing themselves as a quality 3rd down back pushes us in to top 6. 

Would absolutely love this, hey, if the OL is as improved as I think it will be could happen. Running behind Carman should be fun.

Dude lives to make pancakes and eat them... Does it more than IHOP. Watch a lot of DL and LB's on the ground this season.

I am obviously going off of talent at the position and Taylor finally waking up and running the ball a lot with improved OL play in 
predicting top 10 but we could be even better depending on a lot of things.
Reply/Quote