25-31
0%
0 0%
Total 30 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rank our RBs (2018)
(07-20-2018, 03:48 PM)Synric Wrote: Without even mentioning how bad the offensive line was I still rank them 11 to 16.

Giovani Bernard is one the best 3rd down backs in football. He runs well between the tackles, gets to the edge, catches, and is one of the best pass blocking RB in the NFL.

Joe Mixon on the other hand had issues he will need to work on moving forward. Mixon struggled with vision when lined up behind the quarterback and not in the shotgun. He was one of the worst RB in pass protection. Also I felt he needed to play behind his pads more...The potential for Mixon is high but he needs work.

I would really like to see Gio get more snaps this year.

I can understand these arguments for Gio, dude is very underrated and seems like he is finally over the Shazier hit
which i thought messed with his head. He was better then Mixon last year especially as you say in pass protection.

Thing is Mixon had great vision in college and was the best pass protector in that Draft of all the RB's.

I don't think he just lost these two gifts. This year we will really be able to judge this guy i believe and it should be
some good stuff to judge. Expecting a monster year from our duo and all i want is for the most productive RB to get
the most snaps. In the end i think that will be Mixon with his size and overall talent.

Like you said, Gio is one of the best 3rd down backs in the NFL, i think that is where he should be used the most.
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2018, 04:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I can understand these arguments for Gio, dude is very underrated and seems like he is finally over the Shazier hit
which i thought messed with his head. He was better then Mixon last year especially as you say in pass protection.

Thing is Mixon had great vision in college and was the best pass protector in that Draft of all the RB's.

I don't think he just lost these two gifts. This year we will really be able to judge this guy i believe and it should be
some good stuff to judge. Expecting a monster year from our duo and all i want is for the most productive RB to get
the most snaps. In the end i think that will be Mixon with his size and overall talent.

Thing is NFL isn't college. He's not running from the spread offensive that is always in the shotgun. Holes are smaller everyone is faster and bigger.

I'm not saying he doesn't have mega potential he does he made a few chips I haven't seen from a RB in Cincy since Brian Leonard. BUT he had issues that should not be ignored.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2018, 04:07 PM)Synric Wrote: Thing is NFL isn't college. He's not running from the spread offensive that is always in the shotgun. Holes are smaller everyone is faster and bigger.

I'm not saying he doesn't have mega potential he does he made a few chips I haven't seen from a RB in Cincy since Brian Leonard. BUT he had issues that should not be ignored.

Cannot argue with any of this. Nice bringing up those chips, those were beauties late last year.

Just hard for me to judge his vision when there were not many holes to be seen his rookie year.
Reply/Quote