25-31
0%
0 0%
Total 30 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rank our RBs (2018)
Voted 6-10 but see them sliding up or down one spot into top 5, or down one into top 16 hinging on the OL play.

So took the middle ground.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2018, 08:33 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: This isn't a political thread, silly Dog.   Hilarious

Bad Dog!

Reply/Quote
(07-17-2018, 09:40 AM)Wyche Wrote: Yup.....as of now, I'd lump them in the 11-16 range.....and after the abysmal season they had last season, that's being generous, IMO.  Now, I'm not gonna sit here and act like the OL wasn't the biggest reason for their woes, because it was.  However, I'm like Missouri, ya gotta show me.  I really think they're a top 7ish duo....but the hampering by the OL and Piano Man hasn't exactly provided us with a glimpse of anything better than 11-16, in fact, it was worse.

On the same wagon. I want to rank them higher, just can't till they prove what they got and what changes were made. Some things the piano man taught some of these may be tough to un-teach.

Reply/Quote
(07-17-2018, 11:32 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: On the same wagon. I want to rank them higher, just can't till they prove what they got and what changes were made. Some things the piano man taught some of these may be tough to un-teach.

Agreed.....what gives me hope for them is the fact that after he was told to sit down and shut up, the run game began to make strides.  I used to just be on his case about the blocking....when we learned he was also run game coordinator, that REALLY made axing his sorry ass an excellent move.  That explained a lot.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(07-17-2018, 08:48 AM)Au165 Wrote: I see people talking about better pairs, but the reality is a lot of teams have a better single backs who are 3 down back than our pair. I'm not sure averaging out the position group to make us feel better is a good way of looking at the HB position.

Teams better than us at HB with either a single back or group

Rams, Steelers, Cowboys, Saints, Chargers, Chicago, Arizona, Atlanta and possibly Tennesse.

Good point about the single backs, which is why i didn't mention them. I don't know if we will use Mixon like say the
Rams use Gurley, the Steelers use Bell and the Cowboys use Zeke. We will see, but as a duo i would only take maybe
a couple over what we have here. I really like the versatility both these guys bring.
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2018, 11:55 AM)Wyche Wrote: Agreed.....what gives me hope for them is the fact that after he was told to sit down and shut up, the run game began to make strides.  I used to just be on his case about the blocking....when we learned he was also run game coordinator, that REALLY made axing his sorry ass an excellent move.  That explained a lot.

That is what also gives me hope for these guys and that was WITH Bodine at Center and Og at LT.

With Pollack coming in who is a great run blocking OL coach and adding two excellent run blockers in Glenn and Price
i am expecting major strides this season as the Line starts to gel barring injuries.
Reply/Quote
I can't answer this poll. Are we ranking on potential or actuality? Fact is, I have no doubt that Gio Joe have plenty of talent and can be the best, but until we see some consistancy in the line and in the RBs themselves, it's hard to judge.
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2018, 11:59 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Good point about the single backs, which is why i didn't mention them. I don't know if we will use Mixon like say the
Rams use Gurley, the Steelers use Bell and the Cowboys use Zeke. We will see, but as a duo i would only take maybe
a couple over what we have here. I really like the versatility both these guys bring.

Agree 110%.   ThumbsUp
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
I put 11-16. I would say above average.

Its very hard to rate right now. Mixon has yet to prove himself, although from a pure skill point everyone (myself included) thought he was the best back in the draft. There was ALOT of rookies that outperformed him, I can think of 5 off the top of my head.

Gio, at the end of the day is a scat-back. for a #2 option though, he is definitely above average.

They have potential to be a top 5, top 3 group definitely.
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2018, 08:21 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: There are a lot of competitive duos out there.  Until Gio and Joe (G.I. Joe for short) actually start ripping off nice chunks on a regular basis, and moving piles on 3rd and short, I've got them 11-16.

This
Reply/Quote
I think as far as talent goes we are in the top 6 or 7 but as far as production I think we'll be 11-16 because I still dont trust our line.
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2018, 12:10 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I can't answer this poll. Are we ranking on potential or actuality? Fact is, I have no doubt that Gio Joe have plenty of talent and can be the best, but until we see some consistancy in the line and in the RBs themselves, it's hard to judge.

We all can relate.

Reply/Quote
(07-17-2018, 08:52 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: We all can relate.

Yup,

Kinda like we'd all like to have Jessica Biel knock on our front door tonight $%^@$ and say I'm yours.
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2018, 08:52 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: We all can relate.

Too early for sure to know anything honestly.

I was just going off the proven run grading LT and Center we added.

Should be much better then last year but who knows how much better.

(07-17-2018, 09:22 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yup,

Kinda like we'd all like to have Jessica Biel knock on our front door tonight $%^@$ and say I'm yours.

You got that right brother, hot babe if ever was one. Wink
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2018, 09:22 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yup,

I'd faint.   Shocked
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Bottom 1/3.  anything above that is just wishful thinking and drinking the ol' orange kool-aid. 

I think Wyche said it best......Missouri, you gotta show me.   :)  ( I may steal that one in the future)  Sure the potential is there, but with an unknown OL in front of our backs, its just too hard to say. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(07-18-2018, 02:53 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Bottom 1/3.  anything above that is just wishful thinking and drinking the ol' orange kool-aid. 

I think Wyche said it best......Missouri, you gotta show me.   :)  ( I may steal that one in the future)  Sure the potential is there, but with an unknown OL in front of our backs, its just too hard to say. 

With the additions of Glenn and Price that alone will help our Backs be much better then last year....

Let alone how these two came on late last year with Og at LT and Bovine at Center...

Let alone with Lazor having an entire Offseason to implement his Playbook...

Let alone with a good O-line coach that knows how to coach run blocking...

Let alone that both of these backs can also catch the ball out of the backfield which makes us much less predictable
then when we had Jeremy Hill taking snaps making us predictable last year. They will be atleast top 10 and like i said
top 5 and could be the best duo in the NFL with good run blocking and effective playcalling.
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2018, 01:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: With the additions of Glenn and Price that alone will help our Backs be much better then last year....

Let alone how these two came on late last year with Og at LT and Bovine at Center...

Let alone with Lazor having an entire Offseason to implement his Playbook...

Let alone with a good O-line coach that knows how to coach run blocking...

Let alone that both of these backs can also catch the ball out of the backfield which makes us much less predictable
then when we had Jeremy Hill taking snaps making us predictable last year. They will be atleast top 10 and like i said
top 5 and could be the best duo in the NFL with good run blocking and effective playcalling.

I love your optimism but I've been down this road before.  until I see it unfold on the field, Missouri, you'll have to show me. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(07-20-2018, 03:13 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I love your optimism but I've been down this road before.  until I see it unfold on the field, Missouri, you'll have to show me. 

Hawk, i just don't understand how you think you have been down this road before...

If it was the same road, we would still have Piano Heinz 57 Man here...

If it was the same road, we would of stayed pat with Ogbuehi at LT...

If it was the same road, we would of waited until the 4th round to draft a Center...

You will see it unfold man barring injuries, it will be different this year with Lazor, Pollack, Glenn and Price.
Reply/Quote
Without even mentioning how bad the offensive line was I still rank them 11 to 16.

Giovani Bernard is one the best 3rd down backs in football. He runs well between the tackles, gets to the edge, catches, and is one of the best pass blocking RB in the NFL.

Joe Mixon on the other hand had issues he will need to work on moving forward. Mixon struggled with vision when lined up behind the quarterback and not in the shotgun. He was one of the worst RB in pass protection. Also I felt he needed to play behind his pads more...The potential for Mixon is high but he needs work.

I would really like to see Gio get more snaps this year.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote