Poll: Where's our RBs
1-6
7-12
13-19
20-26
27-32
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rank our RBs (2024)
(06-17-2024, 03:25 PM)Joelist Wrote: We'll be better than some expect.

Moss is a different type of RB than Mixon with different strengths. He is not so much about speed and home runs as he is about breaking the first tackle / making the first defender miss, pass protection and balance - he stays on his feet. Goodberry upon careful tape study said he reminds somewhat of Rudi Johnson. I agree. Expect Moss to get plenty of carries.

Chase Brown is the "lightning" in the backfield. He needs to work on his pass protection and tackle breaks but he is a home run threat every time he gets the ball. Unlike Moss Brown likes the edge but he also is plenty fast enough to gain it.

Trayveon Williams is a known quantity. When healthy he is a reliable spot duty back. The one I think will be gone is Chris Evans. In my upset special I have the Bengals going with Noah Cain as RB4 because he is a bruising power back.

Expect the Bengals run game to look different not just in frequency but HOW they run too. This RB group suggest much more inside work and using power schemes which also play into what our lineman like to do - block downhill.

I think if our RB improves it will be more finally having a Oline with some solid veterans , I understand Moss has some positives over Mixon but he also have some big negatives in the passing game and we will don;t know is here able to take a year load of starting. I will we had a 3 down back on the roster but we don;t so hopefully this inexperienced RB will be able to piece a running and passing game together
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2024, 07:12 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I think if our RB improves it will be more finally having a Oline with some solid veterans , I understand Moss has some positives over Mixon but he also have some  big negatives in the passing game and we will don;t know is here able to take a year load of starting.  I will we had a 3 down back on the roster but we don;t so hopefully this inexperienced RB will be able to piece a running and passing game together

Yeah, I mean people are arguing scheme and OL improvement, but that doesn't affect how much talent is in the actual RB room, which is what we're ranking here.
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2024, 09:56 AM)Whatever Wrote: Yeah, I mean people are arguing scheme and OL improvement, but that doesn't affect how much talent is in the actual RB room, which is what we're ranking here.

True, Mixon is definitely more talented than Zack Moss, especially in the passing game. But as far as who fits the Offense more Moss surely 
does and that is why I think he will have a better season this year than Mixon has had as of late at least as far as productivity. Moss shouldn't
have nearly as many snaps as Mixon, as it should be RBBC with Moss and Chase Brown.

But being more productive is where it is at and I think these RB's should be much more productive this season with better OL play.

Sure will help not always being in the Shotgun with our OL on their heels.
Reply/Quote
PFF has us bottom 3.

Hard not to agree.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/allbengals-insiders-plus/pff-ranks-bengals-running-back-room-among-nfl-s-bottom-three-units-01j0tkcvfvfx
Reply/Quote
Poorly written article stub. Relies on PFF synthetic grades which are virtually always questionable. Not a word about matching the player to the scheme which in football is critical - and Moss matches the scheme better than Mixon did.
Reply/Quote