Rank our Safties
The rankings continue. This time we move to the enforcer and sweeper. Our guys:

JESSE BATES
VONN BELL
RICARDO ALLEN

The competition

ARZ- JALEN THOMPSON-BUDDA BAKER-SHAWN WILLIAMS
ATL- RICHIE GRANT-DURON HARMON-ERIK HARRIS
BAL- CHUCK CLARK-DESHON ELLIOTT-ANTHONY LEVINE                                                                                
BUF- JORDON POYER-MICAH HYDE-JAQUAN JOHNSON
CAR-JEREMY CHIN-JUSTON BURRIS-LANO HILL      
CHI-TASHAUN GIPSON-EDDIE JACKSON-DEON BUSH      
CLV- RONNIE HARRISON-JOHN JOHNSON-GRANT DELPIT
DAL-DONOVAN WILSON-DAMONTAE KAZEE-JAYRON KEARSE
DEN-KAREEM JACKSON-JUSTIN SIMMONS-TREY MARSHALL
DET- WILL HARRIS-TRACY WALKER-DEAN MARLOWE      
GBP-DARNELL SAVAGE-ADRIAN AMOS-WILL REDMOND
HOU-ERIC MURRAY-JUSTIN REID-TERRENCE BROOKS
IND- KHARI WILLIS-JULIAN BLACKMON-ROLAN MILLIGAN
JAX- JARROD WILSON-RAYSHAWN JENKINS-RUDY FORD
KCC- TYRANN MATHIEU-JUAN THORNHILL-ARMANI WATTS
LVR- TREVON MOEHRIG-JONATHAN ABRAHAM-KARL JOSEPH
LAC-DERWIN JAMES-NASIR ADDERLY-ALOHI GILMAN                                
LAR-TAYLOR RAPP-JORDAN FULLER-NICK SCOTT      
MIA- ERIC ROWE-JEVON HOLLAND-BRANDON JONES
MIN- HARRISON SMITH-XAVIER WOODS-CAMRYN BYNUM
NEP- ADRIAN PHILLIPS-DEVIN MCCOURTY-KYLE DUGGER
NOS- MACOLM JENKINS-MARCUS WILLIAMS-PJ WILLIAMS
NYG- JABRILL PEPPERS-LOGAN RYAN-JULIAN LOVE
NYJ- ASHTYN DAVIS-MARCUS MAYE-LAMARCUS JOYNER
PHI- RODNEY MCLEOD-ANTHONY HARRIS-ANDREW ADAMS
PIT-TERRELL EDMUNDS-MINKAH FITZPATRICK-ANTOINE BROOKS
SFF-JAQUISKI TARATT-JIMMIE WORD-TAVON WILSON
SEA- JAMAL ADAMS-QUANDRE DIGGS-MARQUISE BLAIR                                                                                      
TBB- ANTOINE WINFILED-JORDAN WHITEHEAD-RAVEN GREENE
TEN- AMANI HOOKER-KEVIN BYARD-DANE CRUIKSHANK
WAS-LANDON COLLINS-KAMREN CURL-DESHAZOR EVERETT

FA-TRE BOSTON-KENNY VACCARO-MALIK HOOKER
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Our safeties are pretty damn good.

Top six.
Reply/Quote
I voted 1-6. It's not one, but Bates elevates the group a great deal.

I almost said 7-12 as Richard Allen is a 5'9" 186lb corner. Do we not have a 3rd safety anymore?

Reply/Quote
Top 6. Jesse Bates is the shit, and Vonn Bell is no slouch when used properly.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I’d be interested in an explanation from the 2 guys that ranked them near the bottom…

I’m on fence of between 1-6 and 7-12. I wasn’t really sold on Bell early on last year (especially in coverage), but I thought he got better as the season went on. He made some huge plays. And not just the Juju hit.

Reply/Quote
They're in top 10 for sure. I went 1-6
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2021, 06:23 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I voted 1-6. It's not one, but Bates elevates the group a great deal.

I almost said 7-12 as Richard Allen is a 5'9" 186lb corner. Do we not have a 3rd safety anymore?

Richardo transitioned to Safety about 6 years ago. Since then he's had 320 tackles, 1 sacks, and 11 INTs. 

Dude's a starting caliber Safety 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-12-2021, 10:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Richardo transitioned to Safety about 6 years ago. Since then he's had 320 tackles, 1 sacks, and 11 INTs. 

Dude's a starting caliber Safety 

Awesome! I guess I'm prejudiced against midgets playing safety, but it sounds like he can hold his own. Happier with my 1-6 vote now.

Reply/Quote
(07-12-2021, 10:05 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Awesome! I guess I'm prejudiced against midgets playing safety, but it sounds like he can hold his own. Happier with my 1-6 vote now.

Yeah, Allen is one of those guys who isn’t necessarily great at any particular measurable, but will seldom be out worked by his teammates. While he isn’t the most skilled at his position, he brings solid character and rarely makes mental mistakes, relatively speaking. He injured his groin and was cut publicly on Hard Knocks his rookie year. He worked hard on the Falcon’s practice squad and earned a starting role the following year. He was a team captain a handful of those years during his tenure there, and is apparently respected by his coaches and teammates for his work ethic and leadership. I know one of those years, he was their nominee for the WP Man Of The Year award fwiw. He probably won’t make any Pro Bowls, but seems to fit the mold of what the current staff has gravitated towards on and off the field (sure tackler , character, strong work ethic , team captain).
Reply/Quote
Start the season at 13, but should be top 8 by end of season if not more.
Reply/Quote
Bates is arguably the best Safety in the Game and Bell is no chump. I'm fine with saying it's an elite duo!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I said it last year and I stand by it, Bates is one of the top safeties in the league and he went out and showed it last season.

He still doesn't get the amount of credit he deserves, which is sad.

This ranking having him 10th is horrible:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/31776559/ranking-nfl-top-10-safeties-2021-execs-coaches-players-make-their-picks

But the reasoning... we've all heard before:

Bates isn't a marquee name but probably should be.

"If he was on a different team, people would love this guy," a high-ranking NFL official said.

Added an AFC coordinator: "He's a really good player, he just plays in Cincinnati so he doesn't get the recognition."

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Easily the best group on the team.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(07-16-2021, 10:31 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Easily the best group on the team.

Idk about “easily.” Our starting WR’s are right there.

Reply/Quote
I voted 1-6.Really like our Safeties.I also like our cornerbacks.Our secondary overall is underrated.I believe all these guys,along with our new slot corner will perform well together.
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2021, 10:35 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Idk about “easily.” Our starting WR’s are right there.

Clarification....in terms of on field production. I rated our WRs in the top 10, with the possibility of being top 5 if Tee continues his trajectory and Chase is as advertised. Boyd may be the best slot in the league...but his colleagues are rather green. Bates is legit, and Bell really came on the more reps he got with the team. Their backup is no slouch, and Shawn Williams wasn't a turd either. I rank them as a top 5 group right now. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Top 5 easily. Bates might be the best Free Safety in the NFL, Vonn is a great run stopping Safety and getting Ricardo Allen
just added great depth. This is our best position IMO. We are good at Safety man.
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2021, 10:35 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Idk about “easily.” Our starting WR’s are right there.

Just our top 3, we have no depth at WR, we have great depth with Ricardo Allen.

I agree with Wyche, easily our best group is Safety. Just my opinion.
Reply/Quote