TEN- Delanie Walker, Anthony Fasano
WAS- Jordan Reed, Vernon Davis
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
8ish
Reply/Quote
Eifert is a top 5 TE and Kroft played well when given the opportunity. Top 5.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2016, 12:11 AM)J24 Wrote: Eifert is a top 5 TE and Kroft played well when given the opportunity. Top 5.

Top 5 is kind of pushing it. (no specific order)

Gronk
Olsen
Walker
Graham
Reed

and arguably

Kelcy
Witten
Barnidge
Thomas
Watson
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2016, 01:13 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Top 5 is kind of pushing it. (no specific order)

Gronk
Olsen
Walker
Graham
Reed

and arguably

Kelcy
Witten
Barnidge
Thomas
Watson

Gronk and Olsen are the only 2 I'd put over Eifert. When we played Seattle last year, it was easy to see that Jimmy Graham was the 2nd best TE in that game. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-30-2016, 01:13 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Top 5 is kind of pushing it. (no specific order)

Gronk
Olsen
Walker
Graham
Reed

and arguably

Kelcy
Witten
Barnidge
Thomas
Watson
Eifert missed 4 games last season and still put up 13 touchdowns on the season. He also played on a loaded offense with a top 5 WR in Green, another good WR in Jones, and Two pretty good RBs in Hill And Benard. So of course his yardage numbers are not going to be as high as those guys.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I'd put them at 6-8
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2016, 11:42 AM)J24 Wrote: Eifert missed 4 games last season and still put up 13 touchdowns on the season. He also played on a loaded offense with a top 5 WR in Green, another good WR in Jones, and Two pretty good RBs in Hill And Benard. So of course his yardage numbers are not going to be as high as those guys.

True, but one could argue Eifert was also the red zone target in an offense that was very able to get near the endzone and put him in position to pump up that TD stat.  I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but if you are arguing a TE is great because of his TD stat acting like him having a loaded offense is some sort of statistical deterrent might be a bit off-base.

EDIT: I read it again and see you specifically mentioned yardage...my bad!
Reply/Quote
Had them Top 5, specifically 5th. The TE's will be leaned on more this year with the loss of Marvin and Mo. Kroft will also get his shot early while Eifert gets back into playing shape post surgery.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
As the dedicated Bengal homer they're the greatest TE combo to ever draw breath. As an objective football fan not so much. Eifert definitely moves them up a few notches,but the greatest? I kind of doubt it, but time will tell.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Voted top dozen. Eifert when healthy is right behind Gronkowski IMHO.

Kroft doesn't have enough experience to help him out though and Eifert is injured.
Reply/Quote
CAR- Greg Olsen, Ed Dickson
JAX- Julius Thomas, Marcedes Lewis
NEP- Rob Gronkowski, Martellus Bennett (having Bennett almost isn't fair)
PHI- Zach Ertz, Brent Celek
SEA- Jimmy Graham, Luke Willson

I have our duo behind these, so top 7ish. Eifert has the potential to jump all of these except maybe Gronk. He just can't miss too many games. I have high hopes for Kroft, but for 2016, I like some of these veteran options a little better. The Patriots not only have the best TE, but also (by far) the best 2nd TE. Bennett would arguably be a top 10 starter.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2016, 01:20 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: CAR- Greg Olsen,  Ed Dickson
JAX- Julius Thomas,  Marcedes Lewis

I have our duo behind these, so top 7ish. Eifert has the potential to jump all of these except maybe Gronk. He just can't miss too many games. I have high hopes for Kroft, but for 2016, I like some of these veteran options a little better. The Patriots not only have the best TE, but also (by far) the best 2nd TE. Bennett would arguably be a top 10 starter.

I have high hopes for Kroft as well. I liked what I saw from him last year and excited to see how he progresses this season.
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2016, 01:28 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I have high hopes for Kroft as well. I liked what I saw from him last year and excited to see how he progresses this season.

Well it's looking like we may see plenty of Kroft over the first few weeks.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2016, 01:20 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: CAR- Greg Olsen, Ed Dickson
JAX- Julius Thomas, Marcedes Lewis

I'm kind of surprised that you didn't have Reed on your list. Reed he's been very solid the last couple of years.

Reed had a 950 / 11 TD season last year, and the Redskins had one of the best WR tandems in the league. He missed 2 games last year too due to a concussion. He's still a young player too.

A big reason why I have trouble putting Eifert in front of Reed is that he's just extremely injury prone. Reed hasn't had any major injuries either. He's had a few concussions and that's about it (which is a problem, but it's no where near Eifert).
Reply/Quote
I voted top 5. We know Eifert is the shiznit. I'm gonna shot call that Kroft is gonna be real good. I like what I've seen from him so far.
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2016, 11:08 PM)bonesaw Wrote: I voted top 5.  We know Eifert is the shiznit.  I'm gonna shot call that Kroft is gonna be real good.  I like what I've seen from him so far.

It's possible he can be pretty good but I'm getting concerned that we are replacing the OC, #2WR, #3WR, and (for a bit, possibly) our super important #1TE all at once and predicting little to no drop off IF not outright improvement. I guess that is a generic rant not exactly connected to this thread/poll.
Reply/Quote
I voted in the 6-12 range strictly based off of the number of injuries to Eifert and the relative unknowns of the other 3 TE, however, I do feel that Kroft, Uzumoh, and Hewitt offer a wide range of specialties, from blocking, to catching to overall athleticism. If Kroft can be used more in 2 TE sets, he could create another big mismatch and if Uzumoh can translate his athleticism he could be a solid red zone buy or safety net in the event of another Eifert injury. What's not too love about Hewitt, he's a great blocker and when passes come his way he's made the most out of him, I'd love to see him more involved.
Reply/Quote
Considering one of the Towers is down.... Right now Kroft Uz and Hewitt

When you factor in Eifert I think we go top 10 as a group Just eifert himself is top 3 everyone else is a virtual unknown at this point.

I rate us as unknown but optimistic. so 20-32 range.
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2016, 11:03 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Gronk and Olsen are the only 2 I'd put over Eifert. When we played Seattle last year, it was easy to see that Jimmy Graham was the 2nd best TE in that game. 

Graham with Brees though is a different story... But with the saints he was like a jumbo WR
Reply/Quote