27-32 Among the worst in the NFL
0%
0 0%
Total 29 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rank our TEs
(05-30-2016, 02:51 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I'm kind of surprised that you didn't have Reed  on your list. Reed he's been very solid the last couple of years.

Reed had a 950 / 11 TD season last year, and the Redskins had one of the best WR tandems in the league. He missed 2 games last year too due to a concussion. He's still a young player too.

A big reason why I have trouble putting Eifert in front of Reed is that he's just extremely injury prone. Reed hasn't had any major injuries either. He's had a few concussions and that's about it (which is a problem, but it's no where near Eifert).

I'm familiar with Jordan Reed's injury woes from using him in fantasy in '13 and '14. The kid has missed multiple games in all 3 years with 14 games missed overall. That's nearly 1/3rd of his entire career.

He's missed time due to hamstring issues: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2190307-jordan-reed-injury-updates-on-redskins-stars-hamstring-and-return

This is a quote from Reed in that article: 

Quote:“It’s just frustrating, man,” he said. “It’s just one thing after another. Just got to keep positive, just keep grinding and hopefully things will turn out for me.”

Also from the article:

Quote:Jordan Reed just can't catch a break. After coming into the 2014 NFL season with a thumb injury that had his status for Week 1 in question—and concussion issues that ended his season a year ago—the tight end had to leave Sunday's game against the Houston Texans. 

So it's not just concussions, not that multiple concussions are insignificant. 

Fwiw, I thought of Reed, but I have Eifert and Reed on similar levels. I do like Kroft better than Logan Paulsen, and that's what broke the tie for me. Also, since you mention that Reed produced those numbers with one of the best WR tandems, it's worth mentioning that DJax missed 6+ games last season. Also, the Skins don't throw at RBs as often as we do despite the fact that they throw more than we do.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2016, 03:23 AM)Nately120 Wrote: It's possible he can be pretty good but I'm getting concerned that we are replacing the OC, #2WR, #3WR, and (for a bit, possibly) our super important #1TE all at once and predicting little to no drop off IF not outright improvement.  I guess that is a generic rant not exactly connected to this thread/poll.

Yeah I'm not real comfortable with it either.  But I ease myself with we have weapons just hopefully Zamp will be able to use them and they will perform.  I would feel alot better had atleast one of Jones/Sanu was still around
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I voted 6-12.. and it's much closer to 12 than 6.

Eifert and Kroft combined for 744 yards. There were 8 TEs who had more yards than that last year on their own. I think people are focusing an awful lot on Eifert's 13 TDs (which are admittedly great) and completely ignoring the fact he only had 615 yards.

Right now he's basically just that RB who vultures TDs.. but for TEs. In 31 career regular/postseason games, he's reached 70 yards receiving all of two times. He's reached 50 yards receiving only 9 out of 31 times.

That's not even touching his injury concerns.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2016, 12:11 AM)J24 Wrote: Eifert is a top 5 TE and Kroft played well when given the opportunity. Top 5.
Eifert is definitely top 5 according to the Medical Journals. Hilarious
Reply/Quote