28-32 Time to blow it up
0%
0 0%
Total 39 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rank the Bengal Offense
To date we have ranked the different positions on the Offense and the rankings are as follows:
QB: 17-20
RB: 3-5
WR: 6-10
TE: 21-32
OT: 3-5
Interior Oline: 11-16

Taking all these rankings we should be about a 12-13 ranked Offense. But we know there are other factors than just the math. For instance how does the OC factor, how much weight goes to each position, ect…

So the final Offense Poll question is: Where do you rank the Offense?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
They have the potential to crack the top 10 if everyone is healthy, but as of now 15 range which is where they basically ended up in yards and points last year.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Top 10 easily. People still underestimate Dalton.
Reply/Quote
Top 10 for sure. Too many weapons and expierence.
Reply/Quote
Top 10 easily. People still underestimate our TEs, WRs, RBs, and especially the o-line.
Reply/Quote
6-10 because the description fits.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2015, 05:30 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: People still underestimate Dalton.

Them be fightin' words.
Reply/Quote
Most likely #1 - as long as AJ Green starts playing better and starts making contested catches again like he did back in his rookie season.
Reply/Quote
On paper we have a pretty good team and should easily be top 10. Will we actually be though ???
Reply/Quote
As long as Hill, Gio and all the top receiver stay healthy, this group can easily finish top 10.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2015, 02:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: To date we have ranked the different positions on the Offense and the rankings are as follows:
QB: 17-20
RB: 3-5
WR: 6-10
TE: 21-32
OT: 3-5
Interior Oline: 11-16

I think the ranking for our TEs is a little deceiving.  Many people think Eifert will be a very good TE.  Definitely in the top half of the league.  The ranking was just brought down by the lack of depth behind him.  Since the #2 and #3 TE don't really have that big of an impact on our offense the 21-32 ranking is not that big of a deal.  All Eifert has to do is stay healthy.

We definitely have everything needed for a top 10 offense.  We finished in the top 10 in 2013 and our running game was not near as good as it is now.
Reply/Quote
I was tempted to go to 5 as below are the only Offenses I can see better than our and a couple of these are questionable:

DAL
DEN
DET
GBP
IND
PIT

So I say safely in the Top 10.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
QB knocks it down a bit for me to 11-16 but I think they will be in the top 10 perahps top 5 by end of the year. I like M Jones and Eifert but have to see them play in the pre season to see if their back to usual selves.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I see top 10 due to guys like Eifert, Jones and Green playing a lot more games/snaps than in 2014.

I also think some forget Hill was a part time back until November so he will be a force (please stay healthy) all 16 games versus 8 or so.

I also think Dalton is better than a lot of media and fans rank him. I think he proves it in 2015. This team could be top 5 if Green and Hill produce to their capabilities and Eifert and Jones help Sanu also get better.

I like our team and just pray we can keep healthy and fresh all year so we are peaking in week 16 or 17 versus declining as we have in the past.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
QB is holding us back from elite level. WR's + RB's + OL is certainly among the best in the entire league. QB probably falls in the 16-22 range. Therefore, I have us somewhere around 12, give or take a few spots.
Reply/Quote
Wow....the responses are surprisingly reasonable.  Quite shocking these days.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2015, 02:41 PM)Stewy Wrote: Wow....the responses are surprisingly reasonable.  Quite shocking these days.

There are still a few extremists on each side of the fence, and there are/have been some trolls here and there, but changing to a new board actually did a good job weeding out some of the idiots.

Almost every single solid poster made the transition while a ton of troll accounts and some of the knobs were left behind. We just need to keep up with a way to gain new members going forward and deal with the trolls that come with that, or else the board will eventually die if that doesn't happen. I think there's a positive outlook for the life of the board, if I must say so myself.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2015, 02:41 PM)Stewy Wrote: Wow....the responses are surprisingly reasonable.  Quite shocking these days.

No way. Anyone who doesn't agree they are a clear cut #1 in the NFL is just being unreasonable and is a hater.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2015, 02:19 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: QB is holding us back from elite level.  WR's + RB's + OL is certainly among the best in the entire league.  QB probably falls in the 16-22 range.  Therefore, I have us somewhere around 12, give or take a few spots.

We had a top 10 offense with the exact same QB and worse running game.  

So how can you say that we will be 12th this year?
Reply/Quote
The QB brings the team down a few spots, but the O-line brings them back up. I went 11-16.

If they all maximize their potential, they could end up in the top 5. I just won't bank on every chip falling in the bengals favor.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote