27-32 We have one of the worst starters in the NFL
0%
0 0%
Total 68 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rank the Bengal QB
Where do we rank the Bengal starting QB compared to the rest of the NFL?
As always I'll give you the other projected starters as reference:

ARZ- Carson Palmer
ATL- Matt Ryan
BAL- Joe Flacco
BUF- Matt Cassell
CAR- Cam Newton
CHI- Jay Cutler
CLV- Jake McCown
DAL- Tony Romo
DEN- Peyton Manning
DET- Matt Stafford
GBP- Aaron Rodgers
HOU- Bobby Hoyer
IND- Andrew Luck
JAX- Blake Bortles
KCC- Alex Smith
MIA- Ryan Tannehill
MIN- Teddy Bridgewater
NEP- Tom Brady
NOS- Drew Brees
NYG- Eli Manning
NYJ- Geno Smith
OAK- Derek Carr
PHI- Sam Bradford
PIT- Ben Rothlisberger
SDC- Philip Rivers
SFF- Colin Kaepernick
SEA- Russel Wilson
STL- Nick Foles
TBB- Jameis Winston
TEN- Marcus Mariota
WAS- Robert Griffin III
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
As critical of Dalton as I am, I realize that half the teams in the league have a QB problem like we do. I'd say he's anywhere from 17-20.
Reply/Quote
I'd say 13 to 18 based on his career, but right now I have to say 17-20.
Reply/Quote
I have him at 19th. He would be higher if he could cut down on his turnovers and inconsistent play.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
16 guys I'd take right now over him.
Reply/Quote
I'm with Fred. 17-20 as of last season. I have him at 20 based on who I think is better.

I think/hope he gets into 10-15 category this season at least.
Reply/Quote
Hey diddle diddle, put Dalton in the middle.
Reply/Quote
I feel Dalton has potential to be 13-16, but after last season I can't justify it.

I voted 17-20.

Btw, I think it's funny that we argue about this dude so much, yet so far 100% of the votes are for 17-20.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2015, 02:12 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Btw, I think it's funny that we argue about this dude so much, yet so far 100% of the votes are for 17-20.

Agreed. I think it comes down to those who believe he can improve, and those who just hope he can.
Reply/Quote
Woops I voted 13-16. I meant 17-20. But to be fair, I lump him in with a few others in that 15-20 tier give or take one or two. I dont see any of the qbs in range really any better than the other ones unless Tannenhill is part of that group. Then I would take the chance with him over Dalton & those others for the next 3-4 years as I think he has the best chance to be a top 10 qb down the road out of the mid-pack ones.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
I voted 13 to 16 with closer to 16 than 13. I give him credit for helping the team make the playoffs 4 years in a row. I also am not in the camp we have a bunch of stud all pros around him and on defense. I think we are talented (roster), but don't see elite ( a bunch of all pro's).

I judge AD on his 4 years in the league and rank against others accomplishments early in their career.

I think regular season AD is closer to 12 or 13. I think playoff AD is over 20th as of now.

I am optimist and believe AD has yet to hit his ceiling and can improve his floor (really bad games) with experience.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2015, 02:12 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I feel Dalton has potential to be 13-16, but after last season I can't justify it.

I voted 17-20.

Btw, I think it's funny that we argue about this dude so much, yet so far 100% of the votes are for 17-20.

I find it funny you felt our QB was the issue in 2014.

I personally feel our injuries to Eifert, Jones and AJ missing almost 6 games would be devastating to any non-elite QB. Add in by the playoffs we had no WR options and AD arguably played a good game under those circumstances (no turnovers) with zero weapons.

I want to see how AD does with Hue in year 2 hopefully with a healthy WR and TE group. For comparison, the Steelers WR's and TE played almost every game in 2014 so it can happen, no major injuries to that group.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2015, 03:28 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I find it funny you felt our QB was the issue in 2014.

I personally feel our injuries to Eifert, Jones and AJ missing almost 6 games would be devastating to any non-elite QB. Add in by the playoffs we had no WR options and AD arguably played a good game under those circumstances (no turnovers) with zero weapons.

I want to see how AD does with Hue in year 2 hopefully with a healthy WR and TE group. For comparison, the Steelers WR's and TE played almost every game in 2014 so it can happen, no major injuries to that group.

While I think the injury excuse is legit, I can only rank him on how he played. Not "what if's".

I did say he has potential to be ranked 13-16. Ultimately, I think he will rebound and have a solid season in 2015.

When and if he rebounds, I'll raise his ranking accordingly.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I voted 17-20.  A serviceable starter, but definitely not an upper tier QB.  Depending on this year, could move up or down one level.  If Andy moves down, his contract, combined with McCarron, may make for an interesting 2016. I think realistically, Andy could be lumped anywhere from about 15-23. Anything above and below that, at least prior to this season, is a bit of a reach. If you account contracts into the equation, Andy's current salary pushes him closer to the low end.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
I find it hilarious that I gave Andy a higher ranking than some of the people that I've spent the last 3 years arguing with regarding his ability.

I'd love to be on the other side of the argument this time, so how are you people coming to the 17-20 conclusion? Are there 16 guys clearly better than Andy right now? I don't know, I voted 13-16 and I think it's completely reasonable. Andy is pretty good, and though he's not great, I don't think I'd straight up trade him for 16 different QBs today.
Reply/Quote
13-16. But I'm basing it on his whole career rather than just last year. Last year he just didn't get it done. Although that Cleveland game ruined a decent season (QB rating would have been 89.6 and completion percentage of 66.7%).

But you can't take away games, but overall his season wasn't as terrible as some of us make it out to be. He went a whole playoff game without an interception and without a turnover. Well, except for a fumble with less than 3 minutes to go in the 4th quarter.
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2015, 04:26 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: 13-16. But I'm basing it on his whole career rather than just last year. Last year he just didn't get it done. Although that Cleveland game ruined a decent season (QB rating would have been 89.6 and completion percentage of 66.7%).

But you can't take away games, but overall his season wasn't as terrible as some of us make it out to be. He went a whole playoff game without an interception and without a turnover. Well, except for a fumble with less than 3 minutes to go in the 4th quarter.

That's the most frustrating thing about Andy is that he is a good QB most of the time and then he will have  a terrible game that is unexplainable.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
We have a glitch...

I clicked on 13-16 and i must have scrolled the mouse or something because when i hit "vote" it showed me as having 9-12.

:angry:

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
11 I would take over him: Ryan, Romo, P.Manning, Stafford, Rodgers, Luck, Brady, Brees, Ben, Rivers, Wilson.
7 are a def. no: RG3, Mariota, Winston, Bradford, G.Smith, McCown, Cassell.
13 are a coin flip: CP3, Flacco, Newton, Cutler, Hoyer, Bortles, A.Smith, Tannehill, Bridgewater, E.Manning, Carr, Kaepernick, Foles.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
No question Better than Andy
ATL- Matt Ryan
BAL- Joe Flacco
DAL- Tony Romo
DEN- Peyton Manning
GBP- Aaron Rodgers
IND- Andrew Luck
NEP- Tom Brady
NOS- Drew Brees
PIT- Ben Rothlisberger
SDC- Philip Rivers