27-32 We have one of the worst starters in the NFL
0%
0 0%
Total 68 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rank the Bengal QB
(07-14-2015, 10:11 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Hartline saw 1,000 yard seasons because he was thrown at 128 and 134 times in those years. When you have a garbage receiving corp, someone HAS to get the targets and yards, right??

But he doesn't have to average 14.6 per catch.  That is better than Sanu or Jones has ever achieved.

Plus Hartline was putting up these numbers while drawing the attention the defense gives to the #1 WR.  Jones has never come close to his production despite having the benefit of Green drawing the top defender.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2015, 10:24 AM)fredtoast Wrote: But he doesn't have to average 14.6 per catch.  That is better than Sanu or Jones has ever achieved.

Plus Hartline was putting up these numbers while drawing the attention the defense gives to the #1 WR.  Jones has never come close to his production despite having the benefit of Green drawing the top defender.

Sure, that's why I do believe Hartline isn't bad. FYI, he WAS the #1 for one of his 1,000 yard seasons.

Is 14.6 a huge difference over MLJ's 14? I dunno, probably not a huge deal, but yes it's higher.

MLJ is also more sure handed with a better drop rate in his 1 season than Hartline has ever had and a better catch percentage as well.

Dalton had a 119.2 passer rating while throwing to Marvin Jones, good for 5th in the league for a WR. That has to count for something, I'd think.

Hartline has had an issue finding the end zone throughout his entire career, while MLJ has proven to be a ball hawk while near the goalline.

You claim MLJ didn't have "close to Hartline's production" while Green was drawing the attention, but he actually did. If you look at yards/TDs per snap and per target, MLJ was actually MORE productive than Hartline has been. Is it his fault the coaching staff didn't realize that he should have seen the PT over a guy like Sanu? It doesn't mean he's less talented, that's for sure. We know he's the better WR, and luckily I believe the coaches know it too now.
Reply/Quote
Half the board solidly picks him as just below avg NFL starter; a few outliers say he's chopped liver and a few think he's Johnny U reincarnated.

So if I gather anything from this poll...

It's that we can't agree on which way is up and which way is down, what color the sky is, etc. Basically saying the same thing, just throwing human emotional interpretations into it.
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2015, 06:42 PM)PDb80 Wrote: Summing it up: The Bengals need to find a better guy behind center.

Clearly.
Reply/Quote
I think it's amazing that people think a bottom 10 qb in this league can get a winning record and make the playoffs with no receivers, no te's, one RB, and a 22 ranked defense. Many teams in the league wish they were so lucky.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote