Poll: Where do we rank the Gio and Jeremy
This poll is closed.
1-2 We have the best RB duo in the NFL (Maybe 1 other better)
6.98%
3 6.98%
3-5 We are one of the handful of elite RB duos
69.77%
30 69.77%
6-10 We have a Top 10 Duo
20.93%
9 20.93%
11-16 Not elite, but top half of the league
2.33%
1 2.33%
17-24 We have a below average Duo
0%
0 0%
25-32 I troll a lot
0%
0 0%
Total 43 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rank the Bengal RBs
Where do we rank the Bengal RB Duo compared to the rest of the NFL?
As always I'll give you the other projected Duos as reference:

ARZ- Andre Ellington, David Johnson
ATL- Devonta Freeman, Tevin Coleman
BAL- Justin Forsett, Lorenzo Taliaferro
BUF- LeSean McCoy, Fred Jackson
CAR- Jonathan Stewart, Cameron Artis-Payne
CHI- Matt Forte, Ka'Deam Carey
CLV- Terrance West, Isiah Crowell
DAL- Darren McFaden, Lance Dunbar
DEN- CJ Anderson, Monte Ball
DET- Joique Bell, Ameer Abdullah
GBP- Eddie Lacy, Jonathan Starks
HOU- Arian Foster, Alfred Blue
IND- Frank Gore, Boom Herron
JAX- Toby Gerhart, Dennard Robinson
KCC- Jamaal Charles, Knile Davis
MIA- Lamar Miller, Damien Williams
MIN- Adrian Peterson, Jerick McKinnon
NEP- LeGarrette Blount, Jonas Grey
NOS- Mark Ingram, CJ Spiller
NYG- Rashad Jennings, Shane Vereen
NYJ- Chris Ivory, Steve Ridley
OAK- Latavius Murray, Trent Richardson
PHI- DeMarco Murray, Darren Sproles
PIT- LeVeon Bell, DeAngelo Williams
SDC- Branden Oliver, Melvin Gordon
SEA- Marshawn Lynch, Robert Turbin
STL- Tre Mason, Todd Gurley
SFF- Carlos Hyde, Reggie Bush
TBB- Doug Martin, Charles Sims
TEN- Bishop Sankey, David Cobb
WAS- Alfred Morris, Matt Jones

Caveat: You are encouraged to provide a nickname for the duo in your comments
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm willing to go 3-5 and hope Hill's fumbling issues aren't extrapolated and his production IS!
Reply/Quote
Bummer that this one doesn't have the votes public. I think that's a good feature to have on a series like this.

I'll give them 3-5, like Nate said I'm also hoping Hill's production can keep up with a full workload and no sophomore slump.

I remember a group of guys on the old board ready to give Gio future All-Pro honors, assuming he was going to have a billion yards from scrimmage after his promising rookie season. I love Bernard on this team and his skill set is fantastic to have out of the backfield, but Lord knows we love to overrate our players quite a bit.

With that said, there really aren't loads of good duos around the NFL, and I can't see them possibly being any lower than 10. I'm sure there can be arguments for anywhere between 1-9 though.
Reply/Quote
There aren't many that stand out as better than our backfield tandem...

only these ones stood out to me as possibly better

BUF- LeSean McCoy, Fred Jackson                             (This has a possibility to be a good backfield, but ours should be better)
KCC- Jamaal Charles, Knile Davis                               (This could possibly be the best tandem in the league... I think it is.)
NOS- Mark Ingram, CJ Spiller                                    (If these guys stay healthy WATCH OUT, could be a mean combo)
PHI- DeMarco Murray, Darren Sproles                        (If Murray was anything close to last year, this duo could be pretty good... but im doubtful)
SEA- Marshawn Lynch, Robert Turbin                        (This is another good tandem, but a case where the main guy is really pulling their duo up.... Adrian Peterson is another example                                                                  of a guy bringind his tandem higher than it should be.

We could very well have the best tandem in the league... I say we do, but I'm a homer.
Reply/Quote
I went 1-2. Philly is the only duo I see that could be better and that is only if Murray doesn't break down after getting abused last year.

Reply/Quote
(07-13-2015, 09:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I went 1-2. Philly is the only duo I see that could be better and that is only if Murray doesn't break down after getting abused last year.

Not Charles and Davis though? Charles is maybe the best back in the league... and Davis filled in magnificently when Charles was out.
Reply/Quote
3-5. Philly. Shitsburgh, Seattle, maybe Green Bay, ahead of us based on last year's production.

But in Philly, Sproles is getting up there and the number of carries Murray had last year can come back and bite a guy the next year.

Whatever the order, 3-5 sounds right.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I expect 1-2 production coming in. They're perect for their projected roles.

Share about 400 carries for 1800 yards with 16 TDs and 70 catches for 600 yards with 3 TDs.

That sounds like a ton but when healthy with a healthy line, they can do it.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2015, 10:00 PM)McC Wrote: 3-5.  Philly. Shitsburgh, Seattle, maybe Green Bay, ahead of us based on last year's production.

But in Philly, Sproles is getting up there and the number of carries Murray had last year can come back and bite a guy the next year.

Whatever the order, 3-5 sounds right.

IDK. I considered those teams, but after Bell, Lynch and Lacey there is a big dropoff... I've never thought much of Deangelo Williams though, which could be why I feel that way about pitt.
Reply/Quote
I put them at sixth overall.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2015, 09:59 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Not Charles and Davis though? Charles is maybe the best back in the league... and Davis filled in magnificently when Charles was out.

Knile Davis has average 3.5 YPC in his career and has never went over 500. Our #2 has never averaged less than 4.0 YPC or fewer than 650 yards. That is not even taking into consideration his receiving out of the backfield.

Reply/Quote
(07-13-2015, 10:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Knile Davis has average 3.5 YPC in his career and has never went over 500. Our #2 has never averaged less than 4.0 YPC or fewer than 650 yards. That is not even taking into consideration his receiving out of the backfield.

I think its very very close.

Jamaal Charles has done what we saw Hill do last year for the past half decade... so that gives him the bump over Hill, even if Hill may (and will Tongue ) end up being the better player.

Davis and Gio are pretty close... but Gio's receiving game certainly puts him higher than Davis.

Charles and Davis do it on a team where no receivers caught a TD last year.

Hill and Gio have AJ Green and others.

I think weighing all the different factors its damn close to a tie.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2015, 09:54 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: There aren't many that stand out as better than our backfield tandem...

only these ones stood out to me as possibly better

BUF- LeSean McCoy, Fred Jackson                             (This has a possibility to be a good backfield, but ours should be better)
KCC- Jamaal Charles, Knile Davis                               (This could possibly be the best tandem in the league... I think it is.)
NOS- Mark Ingram, CJ Spiller                                    (If these guys stay healthy WATCH OUT, could be a mean combo)
PHI- DeMarco Murray, Darren Sproles                        (If Murray was anything close to last year, this duo could be pretty good... but im doubtful)
SEA- Marshawn Lynch, Robert Turbin                        (This is another good tandem, but a case where the main guy is really pulling their duo up.... Adrian Peterson is another example                                                                  of a guy bringind his tandem higher than it should be.

We could very well have the best tandem in the league... I say we do, but I'm a homer.

Ryan Matthews is actually the top backup behind DeMarco Murray. That to me is far and away the best tandem in the league. Matthews has had some great seasons as a top back. Murray is the reigning rushing champ. So I'd take the following tandems over ours:

PHI- Murray, Matthews
KC- Charles, Knile Davis
SEA- Lynch/Turbin or Christine Michael (mainly for Lynch)
Minny- AP + McKinnon or Asiata (AP is probably still going to beast out and McKinnon/Asiata proved capable last year)

McCoy + F. Jackson and Ingram + Spiller are probably right up there with Hill + Gio.

I voted 3-5. Our duo is right up there with the best in the league. Hopefully Hill doesn't have a sophomore slump.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I voted 3-5

I don't think it's a stretch at all that they could end this coming season as  the 1st or 2nd best Tandem in the league.

Best back ?? I'm not so sure, Best Tandem - they could well be !
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2015, 09:48 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Bummer that this one doesn't have the votes public. I think that's a good feature to have on a series like this.

I'll give them 3-5, like Nate said I'm also hoping Hill's production can keep up with a full workload and no sophomore slump.

I remember a group of guys on the old board ready to give Gio future All-Pro honors, assuming he was going to have a billion yards from scrimmage after his promising rookie season. I love Bernard on this team and his skill set is fantastic to have out of the backfield, but Lord knows we love to overrate our players quite a bit.

With that said, there really aren't loads of good duos around the NFL, and I can't see them possibly being any lower than 10. I'm sure there can be arguments for anywhere between 1-9 though.

I think Gio is the kind of back that defenses can kind of figure out how to contain while Hill will be a little harder. What's to figure out with him besides he's gonna run your ass over?
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
I went 3-5. I think PHI and PIT are stronger. But I also think they have the potential to be 1-2.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
Both running backs had over 1000 yards from scrimmage last season. I am not sure how many teams could say that last season. Are there guys better than Hill and Gio yeah but as a duo I think thier at a top or close to it. Hill is no doubt a feature back and Bernard is top notch in space.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2015, 08:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: BUF- LeSean McCoy, Fred Jackson
HOU- Arian Foster, Alfred Blue
KCC- Jamaal Charles, Knile Davis
MIN- Adrian Peterson, Jerick McKinnon
SEA- Marshawn Lynch, Robert Turbin
PIT- LeVeon Bell, DeAngelo Williams

Our duo is on par with these top tandems in the league.  So I say top 5.  I don't really think that highly of Blue or Davis, but Foster and Charles are arguably the best two backs in the league.

I'll bet anything that DeMarco Murray breaks down this year.  Even RBs with no real injury history usually have problems after carrying the ball as much as Murray did last year, and he has a terrible injury history.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2015, 03:04 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I'll bet anything that DeMarco Murray breaks down this year.  Even RBs with no real injury history usually have problems after carrying the ball as much as Murray did last year, and he has a terrible injury history.

Most likely. They'll probably divide up carries more to aid him. No way he runs anywhere close to that number of carries again.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2015, 09:48 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Bummer that this one doesn't have the votes public. I think that's a good feature to have on a series like this.

Ha, yea I'm not sure it was the same people saying it but it was like "Gio is an all-pro!" and then Hill did so well that this offseason had people hoping we'd either get rid of Gio or line him up as a slot receiver just to be sure Hue wasn't tempted to do something stupid, like let him run the ball.  Ha.
Reply/Quote