Poll: Where do we rank the Gio and Jeremy
This poll is closed.
1-2 We have the best RB duo in the NFL (Maybe 1 other better)
6.98%
3 6.98%
3-5 We are one of the handful of elite RB duos
69.77%
30 69.77%
6-10 We have a Top 10 Duo
20.93%
9 20.93%
11-16 Not elite, but top half of the league
2.33%
1 2.33%
17-24 We have a below average Duo
0%
0 0%
25-32 I troll a lot
0%
0 0%
Total 43 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rank the Bengal RBs
There were only 3 RBs in the NFL that rushed for at least 1,000 yards and averaged better than 5.0 YPC.
Here’s a list of some that did not do it:
Murray
Bell
McCoy
Lynch
Foster
Charles

Here’s one of the 3 that did it:
Hill

There were only 4 RBs in the NFL that had at least 300 receiving yards and averaged better than 10.0 YPC

Murray
McCoy
Lynch
Foster
Charles
Forte

Bernard

Quit selling out duo short folks.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I figure we are 5th or 6th, so I put my vote in the 6th category. After all - only been a fan since the first season, so naturally my glass is always half empty! It's ok though, they'll win a super bowl the year after I vacate the planet! (here come the requests for me to leave early - I know, it's a rough crowd here)
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2015, 02:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: There were only 3 RBs in the NFL that rushed for at least 1,000 yards and averaged better than 5.0 YPC.
Murray
Bell
McCoy
Lynch
Foster
Charles

Hill

There were only 4 RBs in the NFL that had at least 300 receiving yards and averaged better than 10.0 YPC

Murray
McCoy
Lynch
Foster
Charles
Forte

Bernard

Well, if you asked which team was the best at having a guy that had these very narrow and specific stats of rushing for 1,000 yards with 5 YPC and another guy that had 300 yards receiving and 10 yards per catch while ignoring everything else, then I'd definitely have said the Bengals!

Unfortunately, your thread asked our opinion on which team has the overall best duo.

Some people look at the big picture and realize that Demarco Murray rushed for more yards than entire teams combined (20 different teams, to be exact).
Some people may look at the fact that Le'Veon Bell had 2,251 yards from scrimmage, which is only 117 yards less than Jeremy Hill......AND Gio Bernard combined. Pitt also added a guy that has proven to be a capable NFL starter to be their vet backup.
Some people may look at more than just very narrow stats to reach the conclusion that they WANT to reach. I'm sure more people are capable of spinning stats if that's the route you'd like to take.

I don't know if 78% of people thinking they're top 5 and literally 0 people voting out of the top 10 is "selling our duo short". Seems pretty fair to everybody else.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2015, 02:26 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Well, if you asked which team was the best at having a guy that had these very narrow and specific stats of rushing for 1,000 yards with 5 YPC and another guy that had 300 yards receiving and 10 yards per catch while ignoring everything else, then I'd definitely have said the Bengals!

Unfortunately, your thread asked our opinion on which team has the overall best duo.

Some people look at the big picture and realize that Demarco Murray rushed for more yards than entire teams combined (20 different teams, to be exact).
Some people may look at the fact that Le'Veon Bell had 2,251 yards from scrimmage, which is only 117 yards less than Jeremy Hill......AND Gio Bernard combined. Pitt also added a guy that has proven to be a capable NFL starter to be their vet backup.
Some people may look at more than just very narrow stats to reach the conclusion that they WANT to reach. I'm sure more people are capable of spinning stats if that's the route you'd like to take.

I don't know if 78% of people thinking they're top 5 and literally 0 people voting out of the top 10 is "selling our duo short". Seems pretty fair to everybody else.

Yes other Running backs did have more touches; however, no duo did better with the touches they got.

If there are those that suggest simply more rushes make you a better RB then I have no counter. Should we consider Bell's 3 game suspension when considering him for theupcoming year?

Just giving food for thought. Obviously folks are allowed to express their opinions (that why I made the poll more than 1 choice). I'd just like to see a little more reasoning as why. perhaps it would generate some debate.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-14-2015, 02:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yes other Running backs did have more touches; however, no duo did better with the touches they got.

If there are those that suggest simply more rushes make you a better RB then I have no counter. Should we consider Bell's 3 game suspension when considering him for theupcoming year?

Just giving food for thought. Obviously folks are allowed to express their opinions (that why I made the poll more than 1 choice). I'd just like to see a little more reasoning as why. perhaps it would generate some debate.

I guess I just didn't see the need for a "guys stop selling our RBs short!" post whenever there are zero votes for outside the top 10 and almost 80% of votes for them being top 5.

Also, wanted to let you know that Gio didn't have 10 YPC receiving last year, so I don't know why he got included on your short list you had earlier.

Fun fact, Le'Veon Bell had more yards from scrimmage in 1 year than Gio has in his career. Bell's scrimmage yardage last year is only a couple hundred away from Hill + Gio's career rushing totals. That's interesting. It seems like you think Bell's suspension somehow makes him not a more talented football player, which is odd. This is asking who is the BEST duo, not which duo will have the most volume. If you were going that route, you'd just have to admit our guys aren't 1-2 in the league.

So which is it, are we going by extremely narrow, cherry picked stats to decide who is better, or are we going total volume yards for who is better? Let me know so I make sure to bring the correct data that matters to you with me for my arguments.
Reply/Quote
2-5

Nickname should be the Benny Hill Show.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2015, 02:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: There were only 3 RBs in the NFL that rushed for at least 1,000 yards and averaged better than 5.0 YPC.
Murray
Bell
McCoy
Lynch
Foster
Charles

Hill

Murray
McCoy
Lynch
Foster
Charles
Forte

Bernard

Don't forget!

(Rushing attempts per fumble lost)
Murray = 130.67

Bell = 290 attempts with 0 fumbles lost
McCoy = 104
Lynch = 280
Foster = 130
Charles = 51.5
Hill = 55.5
Forte = 266

Like I said, I want to extrapolate Hill's yards and TDs into a full season of bliss, but mere extrapolation of his fumbles scaaaaares me.
Reply/Quote
I believe we could be the best, we are not there yet though, so i voted 3-5.

On just potential you have to see them being extremely hard to stop if used correctly.

Both Hill and Bernard are so versatile. Hill can do it all and Gio can be one of the most dangerous backs in the league.

Both can catch, block, break big TD runs. Hill needs to be used more of course and Gio needs to be used as more of a
scat back. We saw last year that it should not be the other way around. It wastes Jeremy's talent and gets Gio hurt.
Reply/Quote
Around 6th, I suppose....

Bumblebee & Ironhide for the nick.
Big Grin
Reply/Quote
I firmly believe Jeremy Hill with be a top 3 RB in the league next season, if not #1.
[Image: sig2.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2015, 02:52 PM)WhoDeyLeisure Wrote: I firmly believe Jeremy Hill with be a top 3 RB in the league next season, if not #1.

He definately could be, i just hope we don't over use Hill like the Stoolers are over using Bell.

The key is not to over use or under use Hill. Want the dude to last a while.
Reply/Quote
I think it's too early to tell if Hill is really better than Bell. Like it or not, Bell has been a stud. Gun to head, I take Bell/Williams over Hill/Bernard. I am not as high on Bernard as the rest of you guys. I can't wait to be proven wrong.
Reply/Quote
Do the coaches know what we have?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Do the coaches know what we have?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs