Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rank the Best Stadiums in the NFL
I just came across this in one of the ubiquitous new threads that is attached to my work browser:
     https://www.stadiumtalk.com/s/best-nfl-stadiums-ranked-f79c74a3721048dc?utm_source=msn    

I was surprised to see Paycor rated this high, but suspect some local prejudice involved in the news thread.

Personally I love our stadium.   I've been 10 rows from the field and at the top of the nose bleeds (a little too high for my liking), but I love the views - especially of the river.   It is one of my favorite places to be.

I don't get out much, so I've not been to a single other NFL stadium.  There are several I'd love to go to:  Lambeau, Gillette, Jerry World, Soldier Field and San Francisco's stadium.   But won't happen till I'm retired.  And I'm afraid I'll be both too poor and too infirm to go.

But I'd love to get an idea which are the favorite stadiums more cosmopolitan members of the board who have been out there and sampled some
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Pretty weird rankings. Reading the article, it seems like they are ranking the franchises themselves along with the stadiums...not just the stadiums.

I used to be PBS' #1 hater but the stadium has grown on me a ton over the past 5 years. All of the ingame enhancements they have made over the past few years have really helped give it some character.

If we are talking about the stadiums themselves though, PBS is LIGHT YEARS away from places like So Fi and Allegiant. I've been to both and to have PBS ranked ahead of those is just comical.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
The hate PBS gets on here from some is baffling.

It’s a beautiful stadium on the outside full of character and charm.

On the inside it’s easy enough to get a beer and in the stands probably has the best atmosphere of any NFL team.

The only other NFL stadium I’ve been to is MetLife which is a soul sucking concrete jungle under the stands .

Trust me you don’t know how lucky you are to have stadiums like PBS in the states there have been more English stadiums than I can count that I’ve travelled to watching Leeds where there aren’t enough toilets so the sinks become make shift piss houses you aren’t allowed to drink alcohol in view of the field and if you get a bottle of soft drink they take the cap off you incase you throw it at a player LOL
Reply/Quote
I have sat all over our Stadium and there really isnt a bad seat. The old stadium though you might need some binoculars is too far up lol...

I havent been to any other NFL Stadiums to compare though. I imagine some others have cool things that have nothing to do with watching a football game but our stadium does that part pretty well i think.
Reply/Quote
Paycor/PBS is my favorite to look at. Smirk
Reply/Quote
I've been to a handful of NFL stadiums (below) and it seems like Paycor is pretty middle of the pack to a bit above average. I will say that the change in atmosphere and the quality-of-life improvements that the team has implemented over the years really makes a difference as far as perception.

Panthers
Jaguars
Commanders
Falcons (old Georgia Dome)
Titans
Ravens
Eagles
Reply/Quote
I've only been to four... So Fi for the SB, PBS, Buffalo, and Cleveland Browns Stadium (also ranked 1st to last)

I was too young to count Riverfront but 5 technically.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Have only been to Riverfront and PBS

So my vote goes to PBS.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Awesome thread idea.

As a fan who's never lived in Cincy (I'm a New Yorker- although even that less and less these days), I've made a tradition of going out to one road game per year. It's more an excuse for tourism than anything else, but it's worked like a charm. To this point I've seen most of the stadiums that I've ever had any desire to... some of which are now merely relics of the past (e.g., Qualcomm, Oakland Coliseum, Candlestick Park, etc.).  

In terms of my faves, it's hard to separate Game Day-specific factors from the stadiums themselves, so take these five random thoughts with a grain of salt...

Seattle. I thought it was a great vibe. Centrally located. After the game all of Seattle is there at your fingertips. The fan experience is totally unique. They're a varied group (some drive up from Portland, others come down from Vancouver, some from Washington inland and the rest from Seattle proper)... and I don't know what it is, but there's something about that diversity I find/found really attractive. Great mix overall. And of course, the acoustics in the building. We all know about the storied 12th Man etc. but it's not until I went there that I realized a lot of that was... what's another word for artificial?? haha. I mean, the fans are really quite civil and anything but hostile. You look around and most of them are politely watching the game- yet the sound is indeed blistering. It makes no sense. Mind you, I'm not gonna ask questions, not gonna imply they're doing anything wrong. AFAIK, it's all part of the show and fun to experience... once. :)

Denver. I went to the Osweiler/McCarron OT heartbreaker in 2015. It was freezing. One of the coldest in history. I lost my gloves somewhere and the sweet Broncos fans I was sitting with gave me a pair of their extras. So I was draped in all-Bengals gear with the exception of incredibly loud Broncos gloves lol. Quite the image. I looked like an aspiring football diplomat. And I don't feel the least bit guilty about it, either. They were a godsend. It was awesome. Fun to just be at Mile High. They do everything right. Bit of a public transit voyage to get there but I enjoyed it all. FWIW, I thought their fans were really smart and loved football, so I was happy when they won the SB later that year with Peyton.

Oakland. Surprisingly, one of my FAVES. So easy to get there by train/BART. Stadium was old but the tailgate was wild and... I just like old buildings. So much history there and Raider Nation really embraced it too. We sat in the middle of the Black Hole, and that was f COOL. So glad we did that. Raider fans have the best costumes ever and I got so many sweet pics with them. Mind you, it's important to note that we did need to be a wee bit careful about our enthusiasm lol (Bengals blew them out that day). After all, they've seen their share of bad football over the years with fuses that are shorter than most! Either way, I just think it's disgusting that the team moved away from the Bay again, let alone to Vegas. Thinking of all those diehard fans just makes me sad. For their team to be in the plastic no man's land of gambling country must feel like the ultimate worst-case scenario.  

Foxboro. I would say that I hated it if only hate were a strong enough description. I hate Boston fans in general, let's be clear lol, but Pats fans were ultra-obnoxious. This was at the height of their glory so you can imagine. The Bengals got smoked Brady-style, so it sucked to begin with. But I remember the bathrooms being absurdly inconvenient (longest lines of any stadium I can remember). Concessions and food choices were ordinary, if not subpar and forgettable. But worst of all was the commute. I can't emphasize it enough, and this is coming from someone who lived for four years in San Fran and can fully appreciate the post-game torture of a 70 000-fan parking lot bottleneck. And I knew Foxboro wasn't Boston, but this was beyond the pale. Felt like we were on a trek to Albany. IINM, just one single train from downtown Boston on Game Day ("Patriots Train" or "Million Dollar Train" or whatever stupid name they gave it) that was crawling along at half-speed the whole way as if it was caught in rush hour traffic. By the time we got there I felt exhausted... plus we were late, if you can believe it. So if you ever see the lower bowl at Gillette empty for the first quarter or whatever, now you know why. You'd think they'd have the schedule down pat and leave plenty of margin for error... but nope.  I mean, if the Patriots weren't one of the more successful franchises in sports, their rep would be annihilated by how inconvenient the whole thing is. In hindsight I wouldn't consider anything but driving there. I do enjoy Boston but I'd even stay in Foxboro if I had to. The trip by train is just not worth it imo.

Cincinnati. I loved it. Only been the once, but that was for my very first game (58-48 Battle of Ohio in 2004). So many cool memories. I know it's boring to you all but the location is ideal. Hop, skip and a jump from whatever hotel. And I remember the people being really kind. Beers have probably gone up in price lol but at the time even those were affordable. Tailgate was super. I mean, after ~15 years of being a fan, I was excited to be there at all, especially with a team that was finally turning the corner. It's a beautiful feeling to physically experience positive change among a larger group. And when the scoreboard started popping, there was no way to prepare for ir. Felt like Studio 54 circa 1978. I remember fans losing their marbles, chaos in every section, 60 000 people on ecstasy- I'm thinking, "Is every game like this?!?!"

---

Those are just a few memories. But great great great great times overall (even Foxboro). Hope to be back in Cincy again soon.
Reply/Quote
I've been to Paycor quite a few times, but to me that stadium is architecturally beautiful! I go to watch a game and not really give a shit about wifi and all that other stuff.
I've been to Cleveland, Seattle (its a shithole), Jack Murphy (for the SB), Silver Dome, Mile High, Super Dome
Reply/Quote
My favorites I have been to are:

1. Vegas - Allegiant, not even close in my opinion.
2. So - Fi in LA, LA is a shit hole and the parking (need to shuttle - takes 30 to 45 in and out) or pay $500 to park. But the actual stadium is awesome, we lost to Rams in Super Bowl, but great stadium.
3. PBS - watched over 50 games there and when we were winning, place was electric. I moved to Fl. and gave up my season tickets in 2020, biggest issue I had was in stadium Wi-Fi was bad. But, I think they may have fixed it now.
Cleveland is very similar to PBS.
Dallas was cool, but also showing its age.
I liked Miami's stadium.
Soldier Field was old when I was there 20 years ago.
Superdome in New Orleans was very old and outdated
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I think PBS is still the only NFL stadium to get the AIA recognition. It's a terrific design, hasn't dated in its appearance at all. I haven't been to PBS since COVID and now I live across the pond, but my only complaint was always the crappy food options. I'm not sure if that has changed.

I'm not an architect, but the design and layout of the stadium would make it easier than the newer stadiums for renovations and upgrades.

It has a great location, and the waterfront revitalization has only made it even better. I'm sure more improvements have happened or are happening since I was last in Cincinnati.

I have been to AT&T, and that's just a soulless obnoxious building. I saw a super bowl at State Farm in Arizona, and that was a pretty nice domed stadium, felt nicer than Dallas.

My favourites have been Lambeau and Heinz... I'm really not into the new stadiums.. I think Allegiant is the ugliest stadium that I have ever seen next to the SkyDome.
Reply/Quote
Have been to 300+ MLB games, all at the Rogers Centre .

Have been to 5 NFL games, in 2 different stadiums lol.

Paycor is significantly better than New Era Field (Buffalo), with NEF maybe only being better for parking and the like.

Buffalo sucks lol
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2023, 02:31 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Pretty weird rankings. Reading the article, it seems like they are ranking the franchises themselves along with the stadiums...not just the stadiums.

I used to be PBS' #1 hater but the stadium has grown on me a ton over the past 5 years. All of the ingame enhancements they have made over the past few years have really helped give it some character.

If we are talking about the stadiums themselves though, PBS is LIGHT YEARS away from places like So Fi and Allegiant. I've been to both and to have PBS ranked ahead of those is just comical.

Yes. And without going to all the stadiums, I don't see how they could rank them.

So I've been to a bunch of MLB stadiums...

In the NFL, I've been to the Bengals and Steelers stadiums. I think the Bengals stadium has a cool look from outside. The field itself is nice. I love the jungle theme around the edges of the seats. I think PBS may have a slight edge in viewing angles.

Where it was lacking compared to the Steelers was inside. The Steelers have so much decorations and memorabilia. MLB Stadiums do this too. The Bengals have some stores, restaurants/concession stands, and then a lot of concrete walls. It was just so empty compared to other stadiums. Maybe that's changed in recent years?
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2023, 10:56 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Have been to 300+ MLB games, all at the Rogers Centre .

Have been to 5 NFL games, in 2 different stadiums lol.

Paycor is significantly better than New Era Field (Buffalo), with NEF maybe only being better for parking and the like.

Buffalo sucks lol

Haha Buffalo does suck. How about that Minor League stadium that's right off the highway there? I thought that was kind of cool and crazy at the same time.
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2023, 11:28 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I've been to Paycor quite a few times, but to me that stadium is architecturally beautiful! I go to watch a game and not really give a shit about wifi and all that other stuff.
I've been to Cleveland, Seattle (its a shithole), Jack Murphy (for the SB), Silver Dome, Mile High, Super Dome

Thanks for the response sandwedge.  Interesting about Seattle's stadium.   Always looked like a dark place, but I would not have guessed it was as you describe it.

My brother lives in Denver and goes to a number of games every year (he's a Bengals first fan and Denver second).   He seems to like it.   I'd be interested in your take on Jack Murphy and Mile High.
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2023, 01:42 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: My favorites I have been to are:

1. Vegas - Allegiant, not even close in my opinion.
2. So - Fi in LA, LA is a shit hole and the parking (need to shuttle - takes 30 to 45 in and out) or pay $500 to park. But the actual stadium is awesome, we lost to Rams in Super Bowl, but great stadium.
3. PBS - watched over 50 games there and when we were winning, place was electric. I moved to Fl. and gave up my season tickets in 2020, biggest issue I had was in stadium Wi-Fi was bad. But, I think they may have fixed it now.
Cleveland is very similar to PBS.
Dallas was cool, but also showing its age.
I liked Miami's stadium.
Soldier Field was old when I was there 20 years ago.
Superdome in New Orleans was very old and outdated

Don't understand why the article had the Superdome so highly rated.   I get creeped out just watching it on TV.

I'd like to see Soldier Field.   I'm a fan of older stadiums just because I've been watching sports for so long and get all wistful about the older places.  Not a fan of the newer super stadiums.  Definitely like the open air.  For me there are a lot of cool views from Paycor.  The view of the river and Northern Ky is so cool in the fall.
Reply/Quote
I've only been to Riverfront and Mile High in Denver (back when it was called Invesco Field). We were going to go to Tampa last year, but the tickets were outrageous.
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2023, 11:37 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yes. And without going to all the stadiums, I don't see how they could rank them.

So I've been to a bunch of MLB stadiums...

In the NFL, I've been to the Bengals and Steelers stadiums. I think the Bengals stadium has a cool look from outside. The field itself is nice. I love the jungle theme around the edges of the seats. I think PBS may have a slight edge in viewing angles.

Where it was lacking compared to the Steelers was inside. The Steelers have so much decorations and memorabilia. MLB Stadiums do this too. The Bengals have some stores, restaurants/concession stands, and then a lot of concrete walls. It was just so empty compared to other stadiums. Maybe that's changed in recent years?

I don't pay as much attention to the interior, though my guess is that Elizabeth Blackburn is slowly pushing for upgrades in every area.

I LOVE the venue now.   Before the injury the Buffalo game was totally electric.

I do wish we could find a reliable way to go for an all grass field.  SO important to the players - and there is just something atmospheric about a grass field.
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2023, 03:45 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: The hate PBS gets on here from some is baffling.

It’s a beautiful stadium on the outside full of character and charm.

On the inside it’s easy enough to get a beer and in the stands probably has the best atmosphere of any NFL team.

The only other NFL stadium I’ve been to is MetLife which is a soul sucking concrete jungle under the stands .

Trust me you don’t know how lucky you are to have stadiums like PBS in the states there have been more English stadiums than I can count that I’ve travelled to watching Leeds where there aren’t enough toilets so the sinks become make shift piss houses you aren’t allowed to drink alcohol in view of the field and if you get a bottle of soft drink they take the cap off you incase you throw it at a player LOL

Everything about PBS is fine...I just wish they did a little more with the concourses, offered better food options, and had more "bar" types of places other than the only 1 on the lower level. Its fun to meet up with people at a place during half time. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote