55 Ruke Orhorhoro DT Clemson 6'4 295 Sr. Bowl
56 Byron Murphy DT Texas 6'1 308 Sr. Bowl
59 Leonard Taylor DT Miami 6'3 305
61 Brandon Dorlus DT Oregon 6'3 290 Sr. Bowl
76 Kris Jenkins DT Michigan 6'3 285
87 Michael Hall DT Ohio State 6'2 285
89 Maason Smith DT LSU 6'6 315
95 Tyler Davis DT Clemson 6'2 300 Sr. Bowl

I'm posting an updated re-rank with their overall number listed on the left.

I'm a big Leonard Taylor fan. There's some development but it reminds me of the Myles Murphy very high ceiling.  Still Waiting on Maason Smith to declare or say he's staying in school I would guess school.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2024, 03:11 PM)Synric Wrote: I'm a big Leonard Taylor fan. There's some development but it reminds me of the Myles Murphy very high ceiling.  Still Waiting on Maason Smith to declare or say he's staying in school I would guess school.

Maason Smith declared. He is going to be an intriguing guy on Day 2 for the Bengals. He can play any IDL position from 0 to 5t.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
IDK, but whomever is in Senior Bowl is who they likely pick.....seems to be the lazy or cheap way of scouting
Most of draft buzz im reading has Newton going before 18
Id love to see them sign a big name FA (other than Reader) and also add a DT in top 2 rounds
If they can somehow keep Reader on a team friendly deal all the better
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2024, 08:31 AM)Synric Wrote: Maason Smith declared. He is going to be an intriguing guy on Day 2 for the Bengals. He can play any IDL position from 0 to 5t.

I know this will sound early to people, but I would take Sweat in the first round - preferably if we could trade down.  But honestly I know you want to get value with your pick, but I'm about getting what our team needs more than making sure people give us good grades for value.

I would love to pair Sweat with Smith and find a way to resign Reader.   Add that to Hill and we would have a  deep and effective defensive interior that would be awesome at stopping the run and pushing the pocket into the QB's lap.  

I feel this is the number one need of our team.   I also want better offensive linemen and improved defensive backs.   But this is number one.   From what I've HEARD - and I admit I have watched no film - Sweat is immoveable, and Smith was a terror in the middle before his injury.   Just seems like they would turn our defensive interior into a total asset, and that this would be a great year to get both a killer NT and 3T.   If we can resign Reader we'd have amazing depth, and would prolong his career at the same time.

Everything else in the draft (BPA) would be gravy.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2023, 02:02 PM)Jpoore Wrote: 1. Newton.

Large gap.

2. Tyleik Williams.
3. Teveondre sweat.
4. Brandon dorlus
5. Mason smith
6. Kris Jenkins.
7. Micheal hall
8. Duke orhororo
9. Leonard Taylor
10.Tyler Davis

And Im pretty sure Newton projects to a 3 tech, and we need a 1, whether we sign DJ or not, it's time to get a younger true NT and I'm thinking there aint one to be had this year, not in the early rounds.  Might be best to find an already seasoned but younger FA, same as we did with DJ.  Starting to think we'll go OT or Brock Bowers at #18.  Still want some d-line depth drafted later though.  In the AFC north they need to be more stout up front defensively, even if Reader is signed and fully recovered, and who knows if that happens.  They have to find a way to improve in that area regardless.  Don't get wrong, love DJ, I just want more guys like him.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 08:15 PM)Goalpost Wrote: So I am listing 10 DT's for this draft and I'm wondering how you rank them in comparison to mine.  

1. Jer'Zhan Newton
2.Tyleik Williams
3. Maason Smith
4. Leonard Taylor
5. Kris Jenkins
6. Brandon Dorlus
7. T'Vondre Sweat
8. Ruke Orhorhoro
9. Tyler Davis
10.Michael Hall

It would completely depend on what you are looking for. Are you looking for a 3 technique or a nose tackle? I would also wonder why you left some of the better, if maybe underrated, DTs in the draft off of the list. Guys like:

Byron Murphy
McKinnley Jackson
DeWayne Carter (very promising 3 tech)
Jordan Jefferson (could be the most underrated NT in this draft)
Evan Anderson (could be a real sleeper at NT out of FAU)
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2024, 03:51 PM)3wt Wrote: I know this will sound early to people, but I would take Sweat in the first round - preferably if we could trade down.  But honestly I know you want to get value with your pick, but I'm about getting what our team needs more than making sure people give us good grades for value.

I would love to pair Sweat with Smith and find a way to resign Reader.   Add that to Hill and we would have a  deep and effective defensive interior that would be awesome at stopping the run and pushing the pocket into the QB's lap.  

I feel this is the number one need of our team.   I also want better offensive linemen and improved defensive backs.   But this is number one.   From what I've HEARD - and I admit I have watched no film - Sweat is immoveable, and Smith was a terror in the middle before his injury.   Just seems like they would turn our defensive interior into a total asset, and that this would be a great year to get both a killer NT and 3T.   If we can resign Reader we'd have amazing depth, and would prolong his career at the same time.

Everything else in the draft (BPA) would be gravy.

I get what you are saying but no I would not pass on bigger needs to take Sweat. Burrow has to be protected and having an offensive line that ranked 26th overall in the league is not getting it done in the passing or the run game. #1 has to be protecting the franchise. 
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2024, 10:04 AM)OSUfan Wrote: It would completely depend on what you are looking for. Are you looking for a 3 technique or a nose tackle? I would also wonder why you left some of the better, if maybe underrated, DTs in the draft off of the list. Guys like:

Byron Murphy
McKinnley Jackson
DeWayne Carter (very promising 3 tech)
Jordan Jefferson (could be the most underrated NT in this draft)
Evan Anderson (could be a real sleeper at NT out of FAU)

I updated the list.  The site I follow was kind of late to update their own list, but once they did I corrected it....Post 20 in this thread.  Murphy comes in at number 4 overall.  The others are outside the top 10.  Jackson is 11th.  Carter 13th.  Jefferson 14th.  And Anderson more FA material.  I'm certainly not locked in at this point though.  The All Star games, combine, private workouts, physicals, and interviews are always still a factor..of course..   I think we should look at both NT and 3T.  The linebackers are signed.  The DB's are relative new.  DL is the obvious area to address. 
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2024, 10:37 AM)Goalpost Wrote: I updated the list.  The site I follow was kind of late to update their own list, but once they did I corrected it....Post 20 in this thread.  Murphy comes in at number 4 overall.  The others are outside the top 10.  Jackson is 11th.  Carter 13th.  Jefferson 14th.  And Anderson more FA material.  I'm certainly not locked in at this point though.  The All Star games, combine, private workouts, physicals, and interviews are always still a factor..of course..   I think we should look at both NT and 3T.  The linebackers are signed.  The DB's are relative new.  DL is the obvious area to address. 

While I believe they need to seriously look at the interior D line the obvious need is the offensive line that finished 26th overall. RT and every interior line position must be evaluated. 
Reply/Quote