Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rank the young WRs, pre Giants
Rank 'em 1 through 5 based on what you've seen the first 2 preseason games. We're just talking about the guys middle of the roster down, not including Erickson since he's pretty safe (I believe). 

1. Willis
2. Tate
3. Core
4. Malone
5. Morgan

Five guys fighting for three spots. 

AJ
Boyd
Ross
Erickson
?
?
?

Right now, i'd put Willis, Tate and Malone on the roster and stick Morgan on the PS. Core and Malone are kind of interchangeable on the list but i'd take Malone over Core (personally) at this point. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Core and Malone have two more games to impress.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
I’d probably have them...

1. Willis
2. Tate
3. Morgan
4. Core
5. Malone

Agree with Core and Malone being pretty much interchangeable atm. Malone’s stock does probably look a bit better if Dalton hits him for a TD against KC, but he also had a drop that game, and hasn’t done much with all the snaps he’s being given.

I know people like to downplay Core’s contribution to ST, but I’d probably give him the edge for that alone. I trust Simmons’ opinion, and he seems to like Core from what I can tell.

Reply/Quote
Ross's big break out year in which he plays more games than yards gained. He might even tie with TD's vs games played even though I kind of doubt it. 16 TDs with 17 yards gained.. That would get him noticed in more than a few football websites..  Tongue

I actually have a bit of hope for Willis and Morgan. The Bengals are finally due to have a UDFA make it as a WR for more than punt or kick returner and have a nice, strong career(s).. I'll be REALLY surprised if either and especially both gain 1000 yards and I'm certainly not predicting it for either.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
1.) Tate
2.) Willis
3.) Core
4.) Malone (released/traded)
5.) Morgan, Jr. (PS)

I only have Core and Malone above Morgan Jr as they have done it against the 1s and Core is a special team's stalwart. I think it saves him. I think they will really try to showcase Malone and see if they can get anything for him in a trade. If he is released, there are no guarantees a team could get him. Malone has great characteristics but I see his play as too inconsistent and Core is more valuable because of teams.
Reply/Quote
1.)Malone- a better throw from Dalton and he clearly is number 1 on the list
2.)Tate- not sure his lack of speed will translate at WR during the regular season. See him more as a flex TE.
3.) Willis- had a good game against the Redskins
4.) Morgan- he had 3 or 4 catches against KC.
5.)Core- he is who he is there is nothing he really can do to impress me
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Tate
Willis
Core

Malone-released
Morgan-practice squad

Core over Malone because of his ability on special team. That is always the difference when talking about the final roster spot. That is also why he will be active on game day over Willis. Willis may be a better receiver but how often does the the last active receiver actually play. He needs to show up for Darren Simmons...Core does

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
1. Malone - Think if he caught the underthrown TD, he is clear #1, he also has experience now over the others other than Core.
2. Tate - He is developing into a redzone threat so could play a role
3. Core - I think he is a very good ST player and has had a solid camp. His downside is he did not step up when Green went down, but don;t forget Driskel was throwing to him most of the time.
4. Willis - I think he has great upside
5. Morgan - I think he is undrafted and headed for the PS
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
1. Willis & Tate
2. Tate & Willis I feel these two have out performed all the others hands down. And now it gets tougher.

3. Malone
4. Morgan PS
5. Core He played in 14 games last season started 3 and had 310 snaps on offense for 28 targets, 13 receptions and 1 TD. He's been way to inconsistent.

This may change after tonight
Reply/Quote
I think they’ll keep 7 WR while AJ is out:
Green
Boyd
Erickson
Ross

Leaves 3 who make it:
Malone - makes 53
Tate - hope make 53, could be a tough choice between Tate and Willis
Willis - not sure he’d make it to PS
Morgan - not sure he’d make it to PS, can contribute on ST
Core - cut
Bryant - PS
Reply/Quote
Seniority has been the staple of this team that has been run by M Brown.
1. Tate
2. Malone
3. Core
4. Willis
5. Morgan
6. Flowers
7. Driskell

Core, Flowers, Morgan and Driskell will be relased/PS.
Tate,Malone and Willis will make the team.

Hopefully they trade Ross and move Morgan up.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2019, 09:24 AM)pally Wrote: Tate
Willis
Core

Malone-released
Morgan-practice squad

Core over Malone because of his ability on special team.  That is always the difference when talking about the final roster spot.  That is also why he will be active on game day over Willis.  Willis may be a better receiver but how often does the the last active receiver actually play.  He needs to show up for Darren Simmons...Core does

This is how I have it shaking out right now.
Reply/Quote
1&2. Willis and Tate

3. Malone
4. Core
5. Morgan

I'd take the top 3, put Morgan on the PS and then Core probably signs with another team.

Tate and Willis are absolute must keeps though, in my opinion. If any of the bottom 3 make the roster, I'd be fine with it.
Reply/Quote
I see a couple of people releasing Malone, but I don't see him going anywhere till AJ gets back.
Reply/Quote
Willis
Morgan
Tate
Ross
Malone
Core

The three at the bottom are interchangeable depending if you want a frequent special teamer, a frequent non-participant or a frequent non-factor.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2019, 11:11 AM)sandwedge Wrote: I see a couple of people releasing Malone, but I don't see him going anywhere till AJ gets back.

don't see core going anywhere till AJ is back either... but somethings gotta give or like usual we are over hyping the back end talent
Reply/Quote
I personally thought Hunter Sharpe would be given more of a look. As now:

Malone
Core
Tate
Willis
Morgan
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-22-2019, 11:38 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: don't see core going anywhere till AJ is back either... but somethings gotta give or like usual we are over hyping the back end talent

This forum over hypes WR's in preseason every year so why should this year be an exception.

Core - Has no PS availability so either cut or traded

Morgan - We have yet to see him play one down against 1 first or 2nd team defense and what has he shown? To me, not near enough to be considered for anything other than the practice squad

To me, the only guy that has jumped out of Willis, Morgan, rookies and non 53 man guys.

Tate has had moments, I think he won a spot, but based on his 2nd year on team and things he has done both years.

Malone many say cut, I say maybe after AJ is back, but who has the true athletic ability to be a #1 WR? Core last year failed the test. Tate can't get separation. Erickson is a slot receiver. Ross???? Well maybe if he is healthy. Morgan - Nope

Willis - Maybe
Malone - Mayybe

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Speed isn’t everything. If it was John Ross would be our #1. Just look at that Renfrow kid out in Oakland. He’s been a story so far on Hard Knocks, and he doesn’t have size or speed.

Reply/Quote
(08-22-2019, 11:57 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Speed isn’t everything. If it was John Ross would be our #1. Just look at that Renfrow kid out in Oakland. He’s been a story so far on Hard Knocks, and he doesn’t have size or speed.

That is great for Renfrow to be a story in preseason.

Let's see if he will be their #1 WR or start and do well once season starts.

I see a lot of WR's tear it up preseason, then get cut, end on PS or never play much.

But, I do agree speed is not everything. I love Boyd and he is not a 4.2 or 4.3 guy.

Reply/Quote