Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rank the young WRs, pre Giants
(08-22-2019, 12:01 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: That is great for Renfrow to be a story in preseason.

Let's see if he will be their #1 WR or start and do well once season starts.

I see a lot of WR's tear it up preseason, then get cut, end on PS or never play much.

But, I do agree speed is not everything. I love Boyd and he is not a 4.2 or 4.3 guy.

Ofc he won’t be their #1, they have AB lol

Renfrow looks like the real deal though. Especially for a 5th rd pick.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-22-2019, 01:38 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Rank 'em 1 through 5 based on what you've seen the first 2 preseason games. We're just talking about the guys middle of the roster down, not including Erickson since he's pretty safe (I believe). 

1. Willis
2. Tate
3. Core
4. Malone
5. Morgan

Five guys fighting for three spots. 

AJ
Boyd
Ross
Erickson
?
?
?

Right now, i'd put Willis, Tate and Malone on the roster and stick Morgan on the PS. Core and Malone are kind of interchangeable on the list but i'd take Malone over Core (personally) at this point. 

I would personally have Malone, Willis, and Tate on the roster, PS Morgan, and cut Core.  Despite being inconsistent, you can't cut Malone because he's the only vertical threat we have healthy right now.  

I think it will honestly come down to the defensive cuts.  Due to the strong DL play, I can see them keeping only 5 CB's with Dennard going on the PUP to keep 10 DL.  That means you need one of the WR's to play ST's early in the year and Core pushes Willis or Tate off the roster.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2019, 01:38 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Rank 'em 1 through 5 based on what you've seen the first 2 preseason games. We're just talking about the guys middle of the roster down, not including Erickson since he's pretty safe (I believe). 

1. Willis
2. Tate
3. Core
4. Malone
5. Morgan

Five guys fighting for three spots. 

AJ
Boyd
Ross
Erickson
?
?
?

Right now, i'd put Willis, Tate and Malone on the roster and stick Morgan on the PS. Core and Malone are kind of interchangeable on the list but i'd take Malone over Core (personally) at this point. 

1 - Willis
2 - Tate 
3 - Malone
4 - Morgan
5 - Core

Core is out, Morgan on the PS.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2019, 11:53 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: This forum over hypes WR's in preseason every year so why should this year be an exception.

Core - Has no PS availability so either cut or traded

Morgan - We have yet to see him play one down against 1 first or 2nd team defense and what has he shown? To me, not near enough to be considered for anything other than the practice squad

To me, the only guy that has jumped out of Willis, Morgan, rookies and non 53 man guys.

Tate has had moments, I think he won a spot, but based on his 2nd year on team and things he has done both years.

Malone many say cut, I say maybe after AJ is back, but who has the true athletic ability to be a #1 WR? Core last year failed the test. Tate can't get separation. Erickson is a slot receiver. Ross???? Well maybe if he is healthy. Morgan - Nope

Willis - Maybe
Malone - Mayybe

based on how preseason is going our starting WRs game 1 Is Boyd Core Ross   (possible could replace Core with Malone But its to close to call for me)

But I believe Core not Malone is AJs backup

Agree Willis will be a hard cut and likely makes the squad

Tate I believe has made the team.

Boyd would be the #1 till AJ Returns   if you mean #1 in targets....
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2019, 01:08 PM)Whatever Wrote: I would personally have Malone, Willis, and Tate on the roster, PS Morgan, and cut Core.  Despite being inconsistent, you can't cut Malone because he's the only vertical threat we have healthy right now.  

I think it will honestly come down to the defensive cuts.  Due to the strong DL play, I can see them keeping only 5 CB's with Dennard going on the PUP to keep 10 DL.  That means you need one of the WR's to play ST's early in the year and Core pushes Willis or Tate off the roster.

The only thing i disagree with is Core pushing either of them off due to STs. Either of them can play and Core, when you look at his numbers, isn't really anything special on teams. 

And i will admit, i give more weight to what they can do as a receiver so i'd be willing to adjust on special teams, somehow, if one WR can give me more than another on the field. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2019, 01:33 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: based on how preseason is going our starting WRs game 1 Is Boyd Core Ross   (possible could replace Core with Malone But its to close to call for me)

I think, the good thing i've seen so far, is that they are all interchangeable. So, whether they start or where they start doesn't really matter. There's going to be a lot of multiple formations with guys lining up in different places. 

Depth charts have to be filled out, but i don't think they're as important...or maybe better said, as strict, as they used to be. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2019, 01:33 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: based on how preseason is going our starting WRs game 1 Is Boyd Core Ross   (possible could replace Core with Malone But its to close to call for me)

Agree Boyd #1 in targets while out. But when I say #1, it is that guy capable of doing it all, stretch, short, outside and inside. We really don't have a true #1 until AJ returns, but Boyd is close.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2019, 01:21 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: 1 - Willis
2 - Tate 
3 - Malone
4 - Morgan
5 - Core

Core is out, Morgan on the PS.

In a way, it would be kind of...don't know if sad is the right word...if Core gets cut. As ineffective as he's been before, he's shown a definite improvement this PS. 

Reply/Quote
(08-22-2019, 11:53 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: This forum over hypes WR's in preseason every year so why should this year be an exception.

Core - Has no PS availability so either cut or traded

Morgan - We have yet to see him play one down against 1 first or 2nd team defense and what has he shown? To me, not near enough to be considered for anything other than the practice squad

To me, the only guy that has jumped out of Willis, Morgan, rookies and non 53 man guys.

Tate has had moments, I think he won a spot, but based on his 2nd year on team and things he has done both years.

Malone many say cut, I say maybe after AJ is back, but who has the true athletic ability to be a #1 WR? Core last year failed the test. Tate can't get separation. Erickson is a slot receiver. Ross???? Well maybe if he is healthy. Morgan - Nope

Willis - Maybe
Malone - Mayybe

That is kind of my thinking also.  Willis has jumped off the field in my eye. How he went undrafted is beyond me. Morgan is PS player this year. Sure Core, who I wanted to take a big leap up, just hasn't shown anything but ST. 
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2019, 01:56 PM)sandwedge Wrote: That is kind of my thinking also.  Willis has jumped off the field in my eye. How he went undrafted is beyond me. Morgan is PS player this year. Sure Core, who I wanted to take a big leap up, just hasn't shown anything but ST. 

Willis def seems polished with good hands, size and moves. A whole bunch of teams seem to have dropped the ball on him. 

Reply/Quote
Based on Tates progress on SPECIAL TEAMS AND RUN BLOCKING
He's a stone cold lock to make the roster.

Tate
Willis
Morgan
Malone
Core.

Willis has shown a natural ability to go up and bring the ball down.
Morgan hasnt hurt himself with good route runnin and good hands.
Malone hasn't made that leap yet
Core has peaked and has no upside
He can play special teams but so can Tate
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2019, 04:52 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Based on Tates progress on SPECIAL TEAMS AND RUN BLOCKING
He's a stone cold lock to make the roster.

Tate
Willis
Morgan
Malone
Core.

Willis has shown a natural ability to go up and bring the ball down.
Morgan hasnt hurt himself with good route runnin and good hands.
Malone hasn't made that leap yet
Core has peaked and has no upside
He can play special teams but so can Tate

That's what i'm thinking, after 2 PS games and i think Willis has shoved himself right into the same thing. 

Reply/Quote
(08-22-2019, 01:47 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The only thing i disagree with is Core pushing either of them off due to STs. Either of them can play and Core, when you look at his numbers, isn't really anything special on teams. 

And i will admit, i give more weight to what they can do as a receiver so i'd be willing to adjust on special teams, somehow, if one WR can give me more than another on the field. 
I agree with you, but I have the feeling Simmons will bang his fist on the desk for Core, especially if we go short at CB.
Reply/Quote
Core being hurt now isn't helping his chances
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2019, 05:41 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Core being hurt now isn't helping his chances

I missed it, what happened to Core?

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2019, 05:48 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I missed it, what happened to Core?

Im pretty sure his missed practice this week with a leg injury.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2019, 01:52 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Agree Boyd #1 in targets while out. But when I say #1, it is that guy capable of doing it all, stretch, short, outside and inside. We really don't have a true #1 until AJ returns, but Boyd is close.

Well We will get to see who Steps up.. ross will have his chance.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2019, 05:35 PM)Whatever Wrote: I agree with you, but I have the feeling Simmons will bang his fist on the desk for Core, especially if we go short at CB.

Could be. Hope not though. 

Reply/Quote
(08-22-2019, 05:55 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Im pretty sure his missed practice this week with a leg injury.

TY

I did not hear that.

Reply/Quote
Morgan out tonight.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote