Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ranking All NFL Teams 5-year Success by Draft Class
(11-23-2017, 02:10 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Dude you are majorly underrating Marvin Jones and Zeitler. Not to mention we signed Vontaz  in 12 as undrafted free agent  (which counts in a draft class).  Bernard was really good for us in his first 3 years  before an injury and the suckitude known as our Offensive line made it impossible for any RB to be be good.  

Marvin Jones, Gio, and Zeitler weren't game changers. They played well, like he said, but a game changer is like Atkins, and Dunlap. Burfict is defiantly overlooked though. I think he would be our only "game changer" on that list.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2017, 03:03 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Marvin Jones, Gio, and Zeitler weren't game changers. They played well, like he said, but a game changer is like Atkins, and Dunlap. Burfict is defiantly overlooked though. I think he would be our only "game changer" on that list.

Disagree with that assessment about "Game changer" I would say you can change a game without being an elite franchise player.  Geno and AJ Green are more than just game changers their HOF and franchise players. I know it's just a little thing but Gio, Marvin, and Zietler are a lot better at what they do then Kirkpatrick and Kroft but yet there labeled the same.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2017, 12:25 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I can't say it's 100% on the coaching when we drafted 3-4 guys that are failing in historically bad fashion on the o-line. I think Belichick would struggle to make this offense look good with Ogbuehi-Boling-Bodine-Hopkins-Fisher up front. Now that's not me letting the coaches off the hook by any stretch. They wanted these guys, and they're mostly the same coaches that are permanently 0 for forever in the playoffs. 

I do think Marv would have this team at 10-6 with a proper line...but he has to be at fault for the state of the line as well as the playoff/prime-time/Steelers struggles. It's time for everyone to go.
I don't believe it is the players, as if you remember, the rushing attack sucked when they had Whit and Zeitler.  I believe it is the coaches that instruct poorly and run stupid-ass schematics that aren't as advanced as most High School football teams in Texas.  How else do you explain Hue in 2015?  The defense under Zimmer?  Those coaches shined with less talent than we have now.
The only thing good about this shit storm is that should they make a good hire as HC and clean house, we will see players that everyone thought sucked suddenly look pretty good.  Look at the Rams.  People were calling Goff a huge bust.  Not any more.  Do we think Philly has a better roster than the Bengals?  I sure don't.  
Now we hear how busy they are and can't make IN SEASON adjustments, which clearly includes playing different personnel.  
Please, just blow this staff up while we still have Dalton and AJ in their prime.  We are wasting their talents with handcuffs and leg shakles week after week.  It is disgusting to watch. 
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2017, 03:09 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Are we a great drafting team as many claim? (This is from August 2017)

Well our past 5 years of draft classes rank:

Tyler Eifert is the only Bengal currently on the roster to crack the top 100 individual players (guard Kevin Zeitler left for Cleveland in free agency). Health has been a reoccurring issue during Eifert’s young career, but when on the field he’s proved to be a dynamic talent, as he’s led NFL tight ends each of the last two seasons in deep ball catch rate.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-ranking-all-32-nfl-teams-five-year-success-by-draft-class

This tends to back my assertion that we've been living off of 2 great classes (Green, Dalton, Boling and Dunlap, Atkins)...with most of our recent drafts being Below Average.

Who has said we are a great drafting team? I can't speak for others, but we need quicker and more production from our top 2 picks each year. Looking back, it has not happened, in fact it is so bad of results it is frightening. It is hard to be successful building through the draft as 95% of your roster plan, then missing, but then sticking to the plan versus adapting and adding some key free agents or keeping guys like Whittworth at all costs.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
You can pin poor drafting couple with losing good to great players in free agency on our current predicament.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:17 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You can pin poor drafting couple with losing good to great players in free agency on our current predicament.

Sam Hubbard led all rookie D-linemen in sacks and was third in tackles.

Bates led all rookie DBs in tackles and was second in interceptions (just one behind Dontae Jackson).
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2017, 01:26 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I actually believe it is.  Look at how some of those SAME PLAYERS ranked with Hue as OC.  Running a predictable high school schematic on offense and a panty-waste drop off coverage on defense wouldn't be successful with the Greatest Show on Turf roster or the 85 Bears on defense.  

It will be interesting to see if our standing improves. Clearly being ranked 26th in drafting over the past 5 year span is bad...and we're seeing it on the field with 3 straight losing seasons.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2019, 11:01 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote:  Clearly being ranked 26th in drafting over the past 5 year span is bad.

Are you talking about the drafts from '12-'16 from the OP rankings?

Where are the rankings from the last 5 years?  Are they buried in this thread somewhere?
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2019, 11:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Are you talking about the drafts from '12-'16 from the OP rankings?

Where are the rankings from the last 5 years?  Are they buried in this thread somewhere?

I like how he responded/quoted a post from two years ago in his last post. It's like he's having a conversation with himself.
Reply/Quote