Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ranking The Divisions
CheatSheet ranked the divisions from worst to first, and how the hell is the AFCN ranked 6th?

That means that there's only two divisions in the league worse than the AFCN, when it USED to be the best division in football.

I guess it makes sense since, once you take away the murderers and fiancé beaters, the Ravens are nothing more than the Browns, and the Browns are still the Browns.

Just sad to see that the division is no longer one of the best in the NFL, but part of it also may be because of the new rules that make playing physical football a crime.

If the Steelers can keep playing at a high level for a few more years and at least give us a challenge, the division should have us two to at least make half of the division good.

Ben's taking a beating, though, and Carson seems like he's starting to fall off, which Carson might be older, but they've played in the league the same number of years and Ben has taken much more of a beating.
Reply/Quote
AFCE 36-28 regular season and 1-1 in the playoffs (.560)
AFCN 30-34 regular season and 1-2 in the playoffs (.462)
AFCS 25-39 regular season and 0-1 in the playoffs (.384)
AFCW 34-26 regular season and 4-1 in the playoffs (.585)

NFCE 26-34 regular season and 0-1 in the playoffs (.400)
NFCN 34-26 regular season and 1-2 in the playoffs (.522)
NFCS 36-28 regular season and 2-1 in the playoffs (.567)
NFCW 35-29 regular season and 2-2 in the playoffs (.544)

Record alone:
AFCW (2 winning teams, 2 playoff team)
NFCS (1 winning team, 1 playoff team)
AFCE (2 winning teams, 1 playoff team)
NFCW (2 winning teams, 2 playoff teams)
NFCN (2 winning teams, 2 playoff teams)
AFCN (2 winning teams, 2 playoff teams)
NFCE (1 winning team, 1 playoff team)
AFCS (1 winning team, 1 playoff team)

Objective ranking (ok, they're my subjective rankings):

the AFCN had 3 winning teams who all went to the playoffs in 2014, so they can be bumped up. The NFCS has the Panthers who went to the playoffs in 2014 without a winning record. Winning 17 games and losing 2 is great, but it's division, not team. This season, the AFCE was better than the North, but it was the first time since 2010 that someone other than the Pats also had double digit wins in that division. They also haven't seen anyone other than the Pats to the playoffs since 2010. I also put the NFCN behind them because, while they were definitely better this year, they weren't nearly as good the two seasons before that.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
That writer has to be on crack. AFCN has been one of the best divisions in football for a long long while. Even the Browns are prone to knocking powerhouse teams on their asses every once in awhile.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2016, 01:53 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: That writer has to be on crack. AFCN has been one of the best divisions in football for a long long while. Even the Browns are prone to knocking powerhouse teams on their asses every once in awhile.

The two garbage organizations from Ohio are pulling the division down.

The bengals peaked and will fall hard next season...competing with the browns to stay out of the basement. 
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2016, 08:40 PM)Vlad Wrote: The two garbage organizations from Ohio are pulling the division down.

The bengals peaked and will fall hard next season...competing with the browns to stay out of the basement. 
Records combined the last 5 regular seasons:

Bengals-52-27-1
Steelers-49-31
Ravens-45-35
Browns- who cares

Looks like you're looking up at one of the "garbage organizations"

But don't let the facts get in the way of a good story  ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2016, 09:06 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Records combined the last 5 regular seasons:

Bengals-52-27-1
Steelers-49-31
Ravens-45-35
Browns- who cares

Looks like you're looking up at one of the "garbage organizations"

But don't let the facts get in the way of a good story  ThumbsUp

You're confused. I said they are pulling the division down based on whats about to happen next season.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2016, 12:11 PM)BFritz21 Wrote:  Carson seems like he's starting to fall off

Carson isn't a young man, but I don't see how a guy who went from being a washed-up journeyman QB to being in the MVP race and having the best year of his entire career is "falling off." 
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2016, 01:41 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Carson isn't a young man, but I don't see how a guy who went from being a washed-up journeyman QB to being in the MVP race and having the best year of his entire career is "falling off." 

Have you been listening to the "experts" lately?  They think he looked horrible in the playoffs.

Did you watch him in the playoffs this season?  He looked horrible.

6 INTs to 4 TDs with a 59.3 completion % and a QB rating of 28.8 when it was 82.1 in the regular season.

This site details his choking against the Panthers in the playoffs this year.

It even has a quote from him:  

Quote:He choked. Just ask him. "This is as low as you can feel," he said afterward. "You put so much into this and you come into the season with such high expectations. To lose like this hurts … I kept digging us in a hole we just couldn't get out of."

He was under throwing and overthrowing guys all game.
Reply/Quote
All I know is the AFCN sends two teams to the playoffs every year, and three twice in the last 5 years.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(02-22-2016, 03:36 PM)michaelsean Wrote: All I know is the AFCN sends two teams to the playoffs every year, and three twice in the last 5 years.

Yup.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-22-2016, 01:15 AM)Vlad Wrote: You're confused. I said they are pulling the division down based on whats about to happen next season.

Okay Miss Cleo....

Your brilliant insight into the future hasn't worked great for being able to fix your own life but we should believe you when it comes to football....uh-huh.  Hilarious

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2016, 01:53 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: AFCE 36-28 regular season and 1-1 in the playoffs (.560)
AFCN 30-34 regular season and 1-2 in the playoffs (.462)
AFCS 25-39 regular season and 0-1 in the playoffs (.384)
AFCW 34-26 regular season and 4-1 in the playoffs (.585)

NFCE 26-34 regular season and 0-1 in the playoffs (.400)
NFCN 34-26 regular season and 1-2 in the playoffs (.522)
NFCS 36-28 regular season and 2-1 in the playoffs (.567)
NFCW 35-29 regular season and 2-2 in the playoffs (.544)

Record alone:

Objective ranking (ok, they're my subjective rankings):

the AFCN had 3 winning teams who all went to the playoffs in 2014, so they can be bumped up. The NFCS has the Panthers who went to the playoffs in 2014 without a winning record. Winning 17 games and losing 2 is great, but it's division, not team. This season, the AFCE was better than the North, but it was the first time since 2010 that someone other than the Pats also had double digit wins in that division. They also haven't seen anyone other than the Pats to the playoffs since 2010. I also put the NFCN behind them because, while they were definitely better this year, they weren't nearly as good the two seasons before that.
You also need to consider the fact that games in the division are usually competitive and physical, often trading wins, with a team with a worse record beating a better team in the division, keeping the better team in the division.
(02-21-2016, 08:40 PM)Vlad Wrote: The two garbage organizations from Ohio are pulling the division down.

You've been here since December, and have you posted one quality post that had any quality in its substance?

You fail at posting, at trolling, and at message board life  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote

If it were in season and I felt like trash talking, I'd agree with this. But it's not and trash talking aside, there is a nugget of truth here. 

IMO what is preventing the AFCN from getting that extra notice from the rest of the league is the Bengals playoff win drought. If they can win a game or two and make a playoff run, I think the AFCN street cred goes way up. So c'mon Cincinnati, let's get it done Preferably at the expense of the Ravens. 
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2016, 03:22 AM)I BFritz21 Wrote: Have you been listening to the "experts" lately?  They think he looked horrible in the playoffs.

6 INTs to 4 TDs with a 59.3 completion % and a QB rating of 28.8 when it was 82.1 in the regular season.

A suggestion - if you're going to us use them to support your argument, it's probably best not to put the 'experts' in quotes. 
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2016, 05:48 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: If it were in season and I felt like trash talking, I'd agree with this. But it's not and trash talking aside, there is a nugget of truth here. 

IMO what is preventing the AFCN from getting that extra notice from the rest of the league is the Bengals playoff win drought. If they can win a game or two and make a playoff run, I think the AFCN street cred goes way up. So c'mon Cincinnati, let's get it done Preferably at the expense of the Ravens. 

But only because the Steelers have lost the ability to beat the Ravens 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-22-2016, 03:22 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Have you been listening to the "experts" lately?  They think he looked horrible in the playoffs.

Yeah, I saw that.  I was unaware playing like crap in the playoffs killed a man's career.  I guess the Bengals should have dropped Dalton 4 years ago. Anyways, Carson might be done, but people have been predicting a career meltdown since he went to Arizona and he's had 2 awful games in 3 years, so I'm not quite ready to declare his career over just yet.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2016, 05:08 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: You also need to consider the fact that games in the division are usually competitive and physical, often trading wins, with a team with a worse record beating a better team in the division, keeping the better team in the division.

You've been here since December, and have you posted one quality post that had any quality in its substance?

You fail at posting, at trolling, and at message board life  ThumbsUp
Hilarious Brad with with the knockout on Poe, I mean Vlad. 
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2016, 02:22 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Yeah, I saw that.  I was unaware playing like crap in the playoffs killed a man's career.  I guess the Bengals should have dropped Dalton 4 years ago.  Anyways, Carson might be done, but people have been predicting a career meltdown since he went to Arizona and he's had 2 awful games in 3 years, so I'm not quite ready to declare his career over just yet.

It didn't look like he was choking, it looked like he suddenly didn't have the ability to make the throws.

I don't know if he was injured or if his arm just deteriorated in a week, but something was off.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2016, 07:03 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: It didn't look like he was choking, it looked like he suddenly didn't have the ability to make the throws.

I don't know if he was injured or if his arm just deteriorated in a week, but something was off.

Things were off

#1 he played poorly
#2 his right index finger had ligament damage that would have put him on the bench if the team hadn't been 13-3
#3 he was playing against a really good team
#4 the Cardinals were behind and he had to/chose to force stuff to attempt to make things happen

I'm not saying he's not at fault, but it's a game in the playoffs with an injured QB.  A lot of QBs looked pretty bad in the playoffs this year at times (Manning, Brady, Rodgers, Pig Ben, Cam etc.) because it's really hard to play lights-out against the best teams in the league. So YES Palmer played poorly but it doesn't seem logical to declare a man's career dead after 1 god awful game when he was a near-MVP all year.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2016, 06:40 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: But only because the Steelers have lost the ability to beat the Ravens 

And that sucks.

The Steelers own the bungles, the bungles own the Ravens, and it seems now the Ravens own the Steelers. Go figure.

It changes a bit next year...the Steelers sweep the rats, everything else remains status quo.
Reply/Quote