Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ranking the NFL’s five highest-graded slot receivers in 2018
Great stats and season for Tyler Boyd! (He graded 1 spot higher than JuJu in the Slot!)

4 ) Tyler Boyd, Cincinnati Bengals
Tyler Boyd’s breakout year with the Bengals was largely tied to his increased efficiency in the slot. He ranked second behind Hill in yards per route run at 2.00 and ranked eighth in passer rating when targeted (113.9) from the slot in 2018.
Boyd was specifically remarkable on third and fourth down, as his 84.6 receiving grade on such downs ranked second among receivers with at least 50 routes run in the slot on third or fourth down. He caught 20-of-36 targets for 14 first downs and two touchdowns from an inside alignment on the two money downs a year ago.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-ranking-the-nfls-five-highest-graded-slot-receivers-in-2018
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2019, 10:55 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Great stats and season for Tyler Boyd! (He graded 1 spot higher than JuJu in the Slot!)

Tyler Boyd’s breakout year with the Bengals was largely tied to his increased efficiency in the slot. He ranked second behind Hill in yards per route run at 2.00 and ranked eighth in passer rating when targeted (113.9) from the slot in 2018.
Boyd was specifically remarkable on third and fourth down, as his 84.6 receiving grade on such downs ranked second among receivers with at least 50 routes run in the slot on third or fourth down. He caught 20-of-36 targets for 14 first downs and two touchdowns from an inside alignment on the two money downs a year ago.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-ranking-the-nfls-five-highest-graded-slot-receivers-in-2018
Boyd was a stud last season the kid played hard every down. Boyd, Mixon and a few others were fun to watch in what was basically and unwatchable team. 
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2019, 10:55 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Great stats and season for Tyler Boyd! (He graded 1 spot higher than JuJu in the Slot!)

That's awesome!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-03-2019, 11:25 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Boyd was a stud last season the kid played hard every down. Boyd, Mixon and a few others were fun to watch in what was basically and unwatchable team. 

Yep,

If you did a highlight reel on the Bengals 2018 season Mixon and Boyd would dominate it ! Lets hope this coming season that changes.
Reply/Quote
Tyler was absolutely clutch on 3rd AND 4th down.....reminds me a much more physically gifted Housh.  Too bad we only had the AJ/Boyd duo on the field for 9 games.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
BOYD is the best thing to happen to the Bengals in the last 4years. That catch that took out the Ravens out of the playoffs puts him in Bengal lore.
Reply/Quote

Always said Boyd was going to be like Housh: a good WR2 who could play multiple spots but will be best utilized in the slot. Gotta get Boyd extended.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-03-2019, 10:55 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Great stats and season for Tyler Boyd! (He graded 1 spot higher than JuJu in the Slot!)

Pay the man, reminds me of Housh. Clutch with great hands and runs crisp routes.

Hoping Ross makes that 3rd year breakout similarly and opens up plays for Boyd and AJ.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 11:04 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: BOYD is the best thing to happen to the Bengals in the last 4years.   That catch that took out the Ravens out of the playoffs puts him in Bengal lore.

with andre Caldwell?
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 02:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Pay the man, reminds me of Housh. Clutch with great hands and runs crisp routes.

Hoping Ross makes that 3rd year breakout similarly and opens up plays for Boyd and AJ.

Agreed on both points!!!
Reply/Quote
We have something special with Tyler Boyd. I hope we lock him up and we don't lose him like we did Marvin Jones and Mo Sanu.

Reply/Quote
(04-07-2019, 12:23 PM)Bryan Wrote: We have something special with Tyler Boyd. I hope we lock him up and we don't lose him like we did Marvin Jones and Mo Sanu.

Yes, need to pay him now before he gets too much attention.

Think he is better than both those guys honestly, smoother than MLJ and faster than Mo.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2019, 02:05 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, need to pay him now before he gets too much attention.

Think he is better than both those guys honestly, smoother than MLJ and faster than Mo.

Marvin was a totally different player than Boyd so I don't think it's fair to compare the two. I would take Boyd over Sanu though but I wouldn't mind either on my team.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
One of the things that isn't measurable with Boyd is his enthusiasm. There were times late last year where he looked like one of two guys who wanted to be out there at all (the other being Mixon). Those are the kind of guys I want on my team, for sure.

Imagine if ZT and his staff can get something out of Ross... which I think is one of the things that absolutely needs to happen for this team to have any shot at all.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2019, 04:15 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Marvin was a totally different player than Boyd so I don't think it's fair to compare the two. I would take Boyd over Sanu though but I wouldn't mind either on my team.

True... And Marvin Jones was pretty much universally liked around here, but I pretty sure he never had a season like Boyd did last year. TDs may have been up there in 2013 due to the Jets game, but I don't think he ever had 1,000 yards.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2019, 04:15 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Marvin was a totally different player than Boyd so I don't think it's fair to compare the two. I would take Boyd over Sanu though but I wouldn't mind either on my team.

True, completely different WR's. Boyd is pretty much a Slot Receiver that can play on the outside from time to time, he can take a hit and catch the ball. MLJ played primarily always on the outside and was more of a deep threat but i do find Boyd's routes to be more crisp.

(04-07-2019, 04:38 PM)NKURyan Wrote: One of the things that isn't measurable with Boyd is his enthusiasm. There were times late last year where he looked like one of two guys who wanted to be out there at all (the other being Mixon). Those are the kind of guys I want on my team, for sure.

Imagine if ZT and his staff can get something out of Ross... which I think is one of the things that absolutely needs to happen for this team to have any shot at all.

Boyd does have fight to him, has some fire. Hope Ross gains some of this cause like you said we will need him to come along.

(04-07-2019, 06:45 PM)jason Wrote: True... And Marvin Jones was pretty much universally liked around here, but I pretty sure he never had a season like Boyd did last year. TDs may have been up there in 2013 due to the Jets game, but I don't think he ever had 1,000 yards.

Boyd got some consistency going on last year and as we seen was like the best 3rd down/4th down clutch WR in the entire league.

Have to bring this guy back, has that heart of a champion to him we need here.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2019, 06:45 PM)jason Wrote: True... And Marvin Jones was pretty much universally liked around here, but I pretty sure he never had a season like Boyd did last year. TDs may have been up there in 2013 due to the Jets game, but I don't think he ever had 1,000 yards.

He didn't get 1000 yards but that 2015 and 2013 teams were loaded at the skilled positions.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote

With us? No he didn't.  But his first season in Detriot he had 930, then his 2nd season he had 1101, last year he only had 508 but he only played 9 games so. I'm happy with Boyd, but I still wish Marvin had stuck around.

Reply/Quote
(04-09-2019, 04:08 PM)Bryan Wrote: With us? No he didn't.  But his first season in Detriot he had 930, then his 2nd season he had 1101, last year he only had 508 but he only played 9 games so. I'm happy with Boyd, but I still wish Marvin had stuck around.

AJ/Jones/Boyd would have been lethal.

Can’t blame the team too much for letting him get away though. He wanted to be a #1.

Reply/Quote
(04-09-2019, 06:38 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: AJ/Jones/Boyd would have been lethal.

Can’t blame the team too much for letting him get away though. He wanted to be a #1.

He's shown at the very least he can be a high end #2, this coming season will be his first without Golden Tate so we'll see how he does as a #1. But yeah AJ, Jones, and Boyd could have been great. If Jones stayed then we likely don't draft Ross, which even though I like him I have no problem if we would've went a different route.

Reply/Quote