Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ranking the NFL backfields (Bengals #6)
(06-20-2015, 08:13 AM)Chris Wrote: How the hell did this total asshole get over 700 rep points so quickly????

Believe it or not....

1. Rep points don't matter whatsoever. It's actually hilarious that you talk about them so much and get butthurt over them like a teenager. Why do imaginary point systems matter to you at all? Genuinely curious.

2. Not everybody on earth is a stuck up, biased homer.

3. I make rational points most of the time, I just happen to go off on asshole-esque tirades from time to time. Sue me.

4. I have posts on here that contain more useful information and discussion in a single post more so than every single one of your posts combined. Start talking about football more than just posting once a month to call someone an asshole and mimic your usual post of "Woooooo BENGALS ARE THE BEST I LUV U DENNY!!!!!". If you really want more imaginary points sooooooo badly like you're always crying about, why don't you try posting informative shit sometimes?
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2015, 08:13 AM)Chris Wrote: How the hell did this total asshole get over 700 rep points so quickly????

For the record, I believe this kid is either 12 years old or an actual psychopath.

He went off on a rant in another thread claiming that people must be making alternate accounts and giving rep points to themselves LOL as if anybody on here cares about that other than this guy.

Just to let you know Mr Chris, you can actually click on someone's rep points to see who repped them for how many points and for which post. You can even read their rep comment. It's all public on this board. Maybe that can put some of your insane theories to rest.

Just an FYI for a dude that seems to care waaaaay too much about who is getting imaginary reputation points and who isn't. Maybe you're just mad because your posts sucks and nobody likes them? That's probably it, you're jealous of me. It's flattering, love you too little buddy.
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2015, 12:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Pittsburgh's Duo numbers last year:
Rushing: 352 carries for 1580 yards (4.49 YPC) and 8 TDs. Receiving: 88 catches 898 yards (10.2 YPC) 3 TDs

Cincy's Duo numbers last year:
Rushing: 390 carries for 1804 yards (4.62 YPC) and 14 TDs. Receiving: 70 catches 729 yards (10.4 YPC) 3 TDs

Why would one be an extreme homer to suggest Hill/Bernard were and will be a better Duo than an idiot Pothead and a 32 year old?

Game, set, match...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2015, 01:13 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Lmfao, you just proved my point.

All of Pittsburgh's numbers minus about 200 rushing yards and 40 of the receiving yards come from Bell alone.

You're being foolish (and a homer) if you're going to pretend that's an apples to apples comparison when DeAngelo only had 60 carries last year.

That old man DeAngelo Williams posted 843 rushing and 333 receiving on 227 total touches in 2013, ya know, the last time he actually played instead of using his completely skewed 2014 numbers.

That "idiot pothead" is likely the best overall RB in the entire league, but nice try to downplay him because you don't agree with his recreational activities and he plays for the black and yellow.

I don't think so....look again:  It said DUO. 
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2015, 09:51 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I don't think so....look again:  It said DUO. 

Look again: DeAngelo Williams played in Carolina last year with a whopping 60 carries due to injury, which bfine conveniently had no problem using those stats in his post that you think is "game, set, match"

How about learning to watch football outside of Cincinnati before trying to be a little smartass next time?

It's nowhere near an apples to apples comparison by just jamming Williams numbers last year with Bells and claiming that's somewhere their combined stat line. They weren't even on the same team for one, and he only played in a few games all of last year

Keep on homin'.
Reply/Quote
It's hilarious that people are still arguing this without realizing that the skewed statistics alone show that LeVeon Bell just about single handedly outplayed both of our RBs combined last year. I mentioned that earlier, yet some people lack the intelligence to realize what I meant by that so they come back with "no it says duo you don't understand!" I'm not the one that's missing the point here.

Pittsburgh added a solid player in Williams who has put it on the field and has had a great career minus some injury issues. That's along with a guy that pretty much was on par with our 2 "great" RBs by himself.

Hill and Bernard aren't much more than paper talent until they prove themselves, which I think they will and will easily become #1 this season. Is it really hard to ask people to wait for results before crowning Bengals players???

I wish I had access to the old board. People were so ready to trade Gio or turn him into a receiver. Almost the entire board was ready to do it, but now he's part of the BEST RB duo in the league? Uhhh, sure thing, homers.
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2015, 10:14 AM)djs7685 Wrote: It's hilarious that people are still arguing this without realizing that the skewed statistics alone show that LeVeon Bell just about single handedly outplayed both of our RBs combined last year. I mentioned that earlier, yet some people lack the intelligence to realize what I meant by that so they come back with "no it says duo you don't understand!" I'm not the one that's missing the point here.

Pittsburgh added a solid player in Williams who has put it on the field and has had a great career minus some injury issues. That's along with a guy that pretty much was on par with our 2 "great" RBs by himself.

Hill and Bernard aren't much more than paper talent until they prove themselves, which I think they will and will easily become #1 this season. Is it really hard to ask people to wait for results before crowning Bengals players???

I wish I had access to the old board. People were so ready to trade Gio or turn him into a receiver. Almost the entire board was ready to do it, but now he's part of the BEST RB duo in the league? Uhhh, sure thing, homers.

You are certainly big on the debate point that you cannot prove............access to old message boards.

I am beginning to wish we had access as well as you seem to be showing some memory issues. There were very few that were ready to turn Gio into a WR and it certainly was no where close to "almost the entire board". Actually, there was more like one individual that you could not have a reasonable discussion with in regard to the talents of Gio and his worth to the franchise as a weapon at RB.

I would also disagree with whom is missing the point. The discussion is clearly "duo". So if you have the best statistical back in the league and the worst statistical back in the league then the duo does not equate to better than a duo of say the 4th and 5th best statistical backs being in the same backfield.

You want to change the entire discussion to fit what you want it to be and to condescending to others while doing it while talking about others be condescending. Irony is a funny thing.
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2015, 12:17 PM)OSUfan Wrote: You are certainly big on the debate point that you cannot prove............access to old message boards.

I am beginning to wish we had access as well as you seem to be showing some memory issues. There were very few that were ready to turn Gio into a WR and it certainly was no where close to "almost the entire board". Actually, there was more like one individual that you could not have a reasonable discussion with in regard to the talents of Gio and his worth to the franchise as a weapon at RB.

I would also disagree with whom is missing the point. The discussion is clearly "duo". So if you have the best statistical back in the league and the worst statistical back in the league then the duo does not equate to better than a duo of say the 4th and 5th best statistical backs being in the same backfield.

You want to change the entire discussion to fit what you want it to be and to condescending to others while doing it while talking about others be condescending. Irony is a funny thing.

There were a loooot of people ready to trade Gio. You can pretend there weren't, so okay, you're right about everything.

I'm not changing anything. DeAngelo isn't the worst RB in the league and Hill and Gio certainly aren't the 4th and 5th respectively, so your example there would make sense if it fit with the players being discussed. Yes, if Williams was THE worst it would hurt Bell's stock, but the fact is, Williams was injured and had 60 carries last year, that doesn't mean he sucks now because of that. He has been a productive NFL RB even at 30+ and there is proof of that.

I'm not changing the discussion at all, I'm just saying it's really stupid to present the data as bfine did. It's skewed as all hell with DeAngelo being in Carolina and being injured for 10+ games.

Good job not being able to read and comprehend the words that I've been typing.
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2015, 12:09 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Yes, A.J. is absolutely not the very best receiver in the league. It would definitely be what I would consider "over the top homerism" to claim that he is. Just like this, I think saying Hill/Bernard are #1 is over the top, you disagree, and that's fine.

It's a message board, if people are going to be upset about me "poo pooing" all over their opinion, then maybe they shouldn't post their opinion on a public forum. The internet is a crazy place, you aren't going to agree with everything that everybody says. You have a problem with me "poo pooing" and I think that's stupid, but you think it's stupid for me to be annoyed by blatant homerism. Again, around and around we go. Don't get all pissy about my poo-pooing without understanding that I have my own thoughts that differ from yours. Good job, you don't care about homerism, well I do. Get used to it.

You don't think it's over the top, but I do. Again, that's whatever you'd like to make of it, but I'm not going to change my stance because you say so.

I'm annoyed by homerism and you're not, congratulations. Don't you get annoyed by the "haters"?? Different strokes. I'm not a fan of people that I deem to be extremists in any way, whether it's homer or hater. We may have different definitions of what is extreme, but again, I'm not going to change my mind because Philhos said that I'm wrong about my opinions.

I feel that it's sort of ridiculous that I have to explain to adults why I'm putting my opinions on something on an internet message board that happen to differ with the opinions of another board member. You've been on message boards for how long? What I've said throughout this thread is very calm and rational compared to most forums on the web. I'd recommend staying around here if you don't want the big, mean internet monster to get you.

I'm on my phone so i can't respond fully, suffice it to say that I'm not annoyed by haters, only extreme haters.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2015, 12:34 PM)djs7685 Wrote: There were a loooot of people ready to trade Gio. You can pretend there weren't, so okay, you're right about everything.

I'm not changing anything. DeAngelo isn't the worst RB in the league and Hill and Gio certainly aren't the 4th and 5th respectively, so your example there would make sense if it fit with the players being discussed. Yes, if Williams was THE worst it would hurt Bell's stock, but the fact is, Williams was injured and had 60 carries last year, that doesn't mean he sucks now because of that. He has been a productive NFL RB even at 30+ and there is proof of that.

I'm not changing the discussion at all, I'm just saying it's really stupid to present the data as bfine did. It's skewed as all hell with DeAngelo being in Carolina and being injured for 10+ games.

Good job not being able to read and comprehend the words that I've been typing.
Yeah another great example of your hypocrisy. I never stated anything about any specific RB or RBs. I used a hypothetical setting which anyone with any amount of reading comprehension would have understood. Yet again you turn to be condescending.

Again there were not "a lot" of people ready to trade Gio.

So over the course of NFL history would you say that the vast majority of backs are highly productive when over the age or under the age of 30?

So over NFL history would you say that going into his 10th season that the odds are for or against Williams being a "productive" RB ?
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2015, 01:02 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Yeah another great example of your hypocrisy. I never stated anything about any specific RB or RBs. I used a hypothetical setting which anyone with any amount of reading comprehension would have understood. Yet again you turn to be condescending.

Again there were not "a lot" of people ready to trade Gio.

So over the course of NFL history would you say that the vast majority of backs are highly productive when over the age or under the age of 30?

So over NFL history would you say that going into his 10th season that the odds are for or against Williams being a "productive" RB ?

I'd say that as of right now, at this moment, DeAngelo Williams has had a very nice career and Le'Veon Bell had an outstanding season last year. Those combined make me believe they're one of the best duos in the league and are more deserving of said title than 2 guys with hardly any snaps and stats between them.

After this year? We can talk again and I do believe Hill and Gio can cement the #1 duo in a year or two.

If you want to twist anything or show skewed stats to "prove" otherwise, be my guest. I'm done with this as it's silly that people argue against me but don't even see my point. Cincinnati is full of paper talent in a lot of positions, deal with it.
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2015, 01:13 PM)djs7685 Wrote: I'd say that as of right now, at this moment, DeAngelo Williams has had a very nice career and Le'Veon Bell had an outstanding season last year. Those combined make me believe they're one of the best duos in the league and are more deserving of said title than 2 guys with hardly any snaps and stats between them.

After this year? We can talk again and I do believe Hill and Gio can cement the #1 duo in a year or two.

If you want to twist anything or show skewed stats to "prove" otherwise, be my guest. I'm done with this as it's silly that people argue against me but don't even see my point. Cincinnati is full of paper talent in a lot of positions, deal with it.

Trying to master the art of deflection I see............ ThumbsUp

Nice way of not answering a single question that was asked.
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2015, 10:14 AM)djs7685 Wrote: It's hilarious that people are still arguing this without realizing that the skewed statistics alone show that LeVeon Bell just about single handedly outplayed both of our RBs combined last year. I mentioned that earlier, yet some people lack the intelligence to realize what I meant by that so they come back with "no it says duo you don't understand!" I'm not the one that's missing the point here.

Sometimes it is best to just say "I might have misspoken" and move on, instead of just digging the hole deeper. Anybody that even knows a little bit about football would disagree with the assertion that only an extreme homer would suggest the Hill and Gio are a better duo than Bell and Williams. 

Jim Miller and Pat Kiwan were discussing this very thing on Sirius NFL Radio the other day. Miller gave the nod to Gio and Hill, while Kirwan gave the nod to Bell and Williams. Both agreed that it was very close and could go either way. I am glad djs didn't call in with his opinion and embarrass the fan base. 

You try to prove your point by stating "Look how much Bell did" and counter with "Look how few carries Williams got". Guess who will get fewer carries if Williams gets more carries in Pittsburgh? Keep in mind that the 2nd most carries in Pittsburgh last year was only 65. 

You really don't need access to the old boards to read ridiculous assertions;  one can do that right here in this very thread.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-20-2015, 08:18 AM)djs7685 Wrote: 3. I make rational points most of the time, I just happen to go off on asshole-esque tirades from time to time. 

That's exactly why message boards were created. ThumbsUp

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2015, 06:33 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Why are you always such a downer to EVERYONE? I do not think it is that far a stretch to say our young duo could very well be near the top of the league.

Duo, sure. This list is for total depth. Burkhead has potential but not the numbers some others have. Peerman has shown some flashes in a very limited basis and Wilder is completely unknown.

That's the only thing keeping the group from a higher ranking, compared to others that have proven players at #3 and later.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Some of you are arguing the top 2 and where they rank. This list is for the entire group.

Hard to argue the top 4 are better than the Bengals. I'd disagree with Pitt, since Dri Archer did nothing last year, but neither did Rex, really, due to a very limited number of chances.

I'd put the group at #4 and the duo at #3...arguably #2.

Reply/Quote
(06-20-2015, 10:07 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Look again: DeAngelo Williams played in Carolina last year with a whopping 60 carries due to injury, which bfine conveniently had no problem using those stats in his post that you think is "game, set, match"

How about learning to watch football outside of Cincinnati before trying to be a little smartass next time?

It's nowhere near an apples to apples comparison by just jamming Williams numbers last year with Bells and claiming that's somewhere their combined stat line. They weren't even on the same team for one, and he only played in a few games all of last year

Keep on homin'.

It's homin' to look at the FACT that Williams couldn't contribute in a defense-optional division and I think that makes him a lesser half of a duo in comparison to Hill and Gio?  Staying healthy is a part of it.  Gio was injured.  Hill finished the season by being the #1 RB in the NFL in terms of total yards and YPC the second half of the season....as a rookie. 

Learn to watch football outside of Cincinnati?  Please.  Be a little more original than that, of you just come across like a whiny little *****.  And I am much happier being a smartass than a dumbass Cry
Reply/Quote

Last time I checked, being a receiver is also a part of being a RB.  That makes Gio less qualified because his position name says "running back"? 

How about we try to look at it this way.  Tomorrow is the NFL draft.  Which two players get drafted before the other two?  You might say that Bell would be taken before Hill, but there is no way Williams is taken before Hill and Gio. 
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2015, 04:36 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: How is the Saints that high, and the Steelers that low?

The Steelers have Bell, but a huge dropoff after that.  When he is suspended or hurt, their talent level goes way down.  We have Hill and Bernard, so I think we actually should be ranked higher than them.  I also think that Bell benefited from our terrible run defense last year.  He won't get as many yards against us this year with MJ back.
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2015, 09:28 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: The Steelers have Bell, but a huge dropoff after that.  When he is suspended or hurt, their talent level goes way down.  We have Hill and Bernard, so I think we actually should be ranked higher than them.  I also think that Bell benefited from our terrible run defense last year.  He won't get as many yards against us this year with MJ back.

He will most likely be on the field more often this year though. Pittsburgh's defense Will be pretty horrible this year.
Reply/Quote