Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ranking the NFL's top 10 feuds
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/206729/ranking-the-nfls-top-10-feuds

I love Burfict and the fact that we have a player that gives it back so hard to the Steelers they can't handle being on the receiving end for a change!!
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2016, 04:53 PM)GodFather Wrote: http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/206729/ranking-the-nfls-top-10-feuds

I love Burfict and the fact that we have a player that gives it back so hard to the Steelers they can't handle being on the receiving end for a change!!

At last !
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Doesn't everyone love to hear the squeelers squeal? There aren't many times when you like it when someone just whines for the sake of whining, but Squeeler fans and their team have it down to an art form.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
As per usual the broken jaws and broken dreams of old are left out of the equation.  I look forward to the league and media's response when Burfict becomes the consummate competitor and sportsman for the next few seasons  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Andy Dalton vs. JJ Watt deserved a mention I thought. Disapointed it wasn't on the list.
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2016, 02:54 PM)grampahol Wrote: Doesn't everyone love to hear the squeelers squeal? There aren't many times when you like it when someone just whines for the sake of whining, but Squeeler fans and their team have it down to an art form.

Brandon Phillips (accurately) called the Cardinals a bunch of whiny, little, bytches.

Burfict has shown the Bengals how the turn the steelers in to whiny, little, St. Louis Cardinals.
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2016, 08:02 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: As per usual the broken jaws and broken dreams of old are left out of the equation.  I look forward to the league and media's response when Burfict becomes the consummate competitor and sportsman for the next few seasons  ThumbsUp
How could you have possibly forgotten to mention the little red bb gun comment?
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I know who is # 1 in top feuds.......and the NFL knows who is # 1.......and the refs know what the real problem games are going to be.....as do the police........Cincinnati at Pittsburg and Pittsburg at Cincinnati......These teams go all out to injure each other.  Far and above a regular game.  The stadiums are full of both teams fans at either stadium....The players get out of control....The coaches get out of control.....the fans get out of control......I'm sure the NFL would like to tone it way down before a riot breaks out at these things.....All eyes are on Cincinnati at Pittsburg.....and later Pittsburg at Cincinnati.....and Heaven help us if they meet in play-offs again in either city.

There is no rival game the NFL is more worried about going into 2016 than what happens after that war zone atmosphere of Pittsburg at Cincinnati play-off game earlier this year.......I look for penalty flags to be flying early and often in these after what took place in January.  It goes beyond unsportsmanlike conduct...I look for the NFL to come down on the refs and make the refs take control of the games early and often....That said, the hatred is there, and it is now at hatred.  When players issue death threats to each other, that is hatred....I hope the refs can control it.....I think the NFL has to issue a warning to Lewis and Tomlin before the season starts that they better get their teams under control or a lot of these coaches and players are going to get suspended for a long time. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2016, 10:52 AM)kevin Wrote: I know who is # 1.......and the NFL knows who is # 1.......and the refs know what the real problem games are going to be.....as do the police........Cincinnati at Pittsburg and Pittsburg at Cincinnati......These teams go all out to injure each other. Far and above a regular game. The stadiums are full of both teams fans at either stadium....The players get out of control....The coaches get out of control.....the fans get out of control......I'm sure the NFL would like to tone it way down before a riot breaks out at these things.....All eyes are on Cincinnati at Pittsburg.....and later Pittsburg at Cincinnati.....and Heaven help us if they meet in play-offs again in either city.

There is no rival game the NFL is more worried about going into 2016 than what happens after that war zone atmosphere of Pittsburg at Cincinnati play-off game earlier this year.

I totally disagree. I think it's the opposite and the NFL absolutely LOVES it.
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2016, 10:56 AM)PDub80 Wrote: I totally disagree. I think it's the opposite and the NFL absolutely LOVES it.

Only Bengal and Steeler fans think that play-off game was cool.....I guarantee you the NFL is not happy about it, and is not going to tolerate it.   The NFL meeting and fines and suspensions handed out from that meeting shows the NFL is very unhappy about the actions of players, coaches and fans in that play-off game in January. ....Play the games hard, but don't turn it into mob violence on the nightly news.  I'll guarantee you players issuing death threats to each other away from the field is not what the NFL Shield stands for.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2016, 10:56 AM)PDub80 Wrote: I totally disagree. I think it's the opposite and the NFL absolutely LOVES it.
I agree. People talk about it. They will be games that get a high TV rating. The Raven fans posted how they were fascinated watch that game with no rooting interest. The NFL secretly loves it.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Obviously getting the playoff win would've been better but hearing the Steelers cry all off-season is a nice bonus. Seriously they are some butt hurt mofos.

Never seen one player get into a whole teams head before. I love it.
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2016, 11:10 AM)kevin Wrote: Only Bengal and Steeler fans think that play-off game was cool.....I guarantee you the NFL is not happy about it, and is not going to tolerate it.   The NFL meeting and fines and suspensions handed out from that meeting shows the NFL is very unhappy about the actions of players, coaches and fans in that play-off game in January. ....Play the games hard, but don't turn it into mob violence on the nightly news.  I'll guarantee you players issuing death threats to each other away from the field is not what the NFL Shield stands for.
Reality is whatever has people talking about a game is good for the NFL. Were the old Raiders teams "what the shield stands for" ? Madden is an icon now. Were the antics of Ocho Cinco or TO "what the shield stands for" ? Was Broadway Joe "what the shield stands for " ? Was the Bears Super Bowl shuffle "what the shield stands for" ? I could go on and on but the point is , what NFL publicist HAVE to promote and the REALITIES of why people like and watch football are two very different things.
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2016, 08:45 AM)grampahol Wrote: How could you have possibly forgotten to mention the little red bb gun comment?

No one cares what JJ Watt has to say.  His team has and will be irrelevant due to their lack of a qb on Dalton's level.
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2016, 04:53 PM)GodFather Wrote: http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/206729/ranking-the-nfls-top-10-feuds

Awesome!

One guy on one side of the feud and a whole team on the other. The squealers are still out numbered.

(07-10-2016, 11:10 AM)kevin Wrote: Only Bengal and Steeler fans think that play-off game was cool.....I guarantee you the NFL is not happy about it, and is not going to tolerate it.   The NFL meeting and fines and suspensions handed out from that meeting shows the NFL is very unhappy about the actions of players, coaches and fans in that play-off game in January. ....Play the games hard, but don't turn it into mob violence on the nightly news.  I'll guarantee you players issuing death threats to each other away from the field is not what the NFL Shield stands for.

The refs blew that game bad! I believe, to this day, that Burfict would not have laid AB out if the refs would have called the spearing done to Gio. It's really moronic to get Burfict into a revenge state of mind.

Reply/Quote

That list is actually pretty good, especially for an ESPN dude.

Burfict is definately in their heads, it would be sweet if we beat them without him and then he will be back for
the sweep. Gonna be a lot of emotion in that 2nd game no matter what. Brings in the ratings no question.

Love the fire but we need to keep it smarter than the Steelers and their cry baby titty mouse ways.
Reply/Quote