Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ranking the SB contenders
More ESPN garbage.

They lost me when you put Washington ahead of us. How someone can really believe this is true is beyond me.

I would put them around a 8. What say you?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2016, 02:36 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: More ESPN garbage.

They lost me when you put Washington ahead of us. How someone can really believe this is true is beyond me.

Reading their analysis of the Bengals, I can already tell that next season will be yet another year where people are going to write us off before the season starts and then are surprised when we make the playoffs YET AGAIN.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2016, 02:56 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Reading their analysis of the Bengals, I can already tell that next season will be yet another year where people are going to write us off before the season starts and then are surprised when we make the playoffs YET AGAIN.

With a healthy Dalton that sure would be stupid, but it is ESPN aint it.
Reply/Quote

That list is just too wacky to ever take seriously.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Bengals should be ranked about 3rd or 4th on this list imo. Never get deserved respect.

But that would be 5th or 6th if Carolina and Denver were listed.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Don't you guys realize the media and public's perception of us yet?  We are nothing but a bunch of thugs and stooges led by an incompetent head coach who has no real control over this motley crew.  Our front office management is atrocious.  In all honesty, how we even win more than a couple games a year, let alone make the playoffs, with this ragtag outfit is beyond comprehension to some.  We should be below 2/3rds of the league, including teams like the Raiders, Skins, Dolphins, Vikings, Bears, etc.  We should be on par with the Browns, Lions, and any teams from the AFC South.  If you don't believe me, just look at what happened at the end of our latest playoff game.  Case closed. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
You have to win a minimum of 2 playoff games to get in the Super Bowl, a minimum of 3 to actually win it... so yeah, that's probably why the Bengals aren't higher on their SB contender list. You have the world's worst playoff coach at the helm still, what would possibly make you think things will be different in 2016?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2016, 05:58 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: You have to win a minimum of 2 playoff games to get in the Super Bowl, a minimum of 3 to actually win it... so yeah, that's probably why the Bengals aren't higher on their SB contender list. You have the world's worst playoff coach at the helm still, what would possibly make you think things will be different in 2016?

Exactly.  Five straight Wild Card losses, plus a coach going into his 14th season with no post season success, and this is the narrative you must life with.  This is the Bengals' reputation, and it is honestly well deserved.  We can argue "what if we had a healthy Dalton in the playoffs", but we don't know how things would have worked out... it is pure speculation.
Reply/Quote
Bengals will win the whole damn thing next year. Not even kidding. I truly believe that.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2016, 06:26 PM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: Bengals will win the whole damn thing next year.  Not even kidding.  I truly believe that.

Did Ricky have Corey and Trevor help you with that prediction? I hope you are right tho!
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2016, 06:12 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Exactly.  Five straight Wild Card losses, plus a coach going into his 14th season with no post season success, and this is the narrative you must life with.  This is the Bengals' reputation, and it is honestly well deserved.  We can argue "what if we had a healthy Dalton in the playoffs", but we don't know how things would have worked out... it is pure speculation.

You don't think we would of beat the Steelers with Dalton at the helm instead of AJM?

Nothing against AJM who i think played very admirably but i have no doubt that we would have.

Call it speculation all you want.

(01-28-2016, 06:26 PM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: Bengals will win the whole damn thing next year.  Not even kidding.  I truly believe that.

I am with Savage as long as we take care of the Center position and add to the team we already have.

Of course we need to stay healthy but that goes without saying.
Reply/Quote
Pretty disappointed in Coley for his part in that. He's better than that load of horse pucky... I think he took the loss too hard.
Reply/Quote

Not justifying anything in the article, but given the history of the team since Mike Brown has owned it, it's kind of like "We'll believe it when we see it and until then we'll rank you in the not very likely category."

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2016, 11:10 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Not justifying anything in the article, but given the history of the team since Mike Brown has owned it, it's kind of like "We'll believe it when we see it and until then we'll rank you in the not very likely category."

Well, if you go along those lines of reasoning, then you have to say the same thing about the train wreck in Washington since Dan Snyder has owned the team.

Hard to see any way the Redskins are more of a Super Bowl contender.

I'm also shocked that they think there will sooo many personnel changes on the team.  Wow, 2 starters on offense are free agents.  Man, how will the Bengals recover from that?

Sure, there are some pending guys on defense, but this team ALWAYS spends close to the cap bringing back their own players.  I'm not sure how an analyst that covers the Bengals can't figure that a majority of the key starters will be back.  EVEN if we lost every free agent, you sill have 9 starters returning on offense and 8 on defense (including the entire front 7.)

PLUS, this team has drafted very well to replace those guys if they do leave.
Reply/Quote
No problem with this. Not being able to win a playoff game doesn't make you a Super Bowl contender.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2016, 11:25 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Well, if you go along those lines of reasoning, then you have to say the same thing about the train wreck in Washington since Dan Snyder has owned the team.

Hard to see any way the Redskins are more of a Super Bowl contender.

I'm also shocked that they think there will sooo many personnel changes on the team.  Wow, 2 starters on offense are free agents.  Man, how will the Bengals recover from that?

Sure, there are some pending guys on defense, but this team ALWAYS spends close to the cap bringing back their own players.  I'm not sure how an analyst that covers the Bengals can't figure that a majority of the key starters will be back.  EVEN if we lost every free agent, you sill have 9 starters returning on offense and 8 on defense (including the entire front 7.)

PLUS, this team has drafted very well to replace those guys if they do leave.

So true! I think the Bengals are up there as one of the top 5 teams in the NFL.

But, to the media, the Bengals simply can't bring home the bacon.

Reply/Quote
Lol at those that are up in arms at this. I mean what the heck, am I missing something with Marvin's horrid snf, mnf, and playoff record?

But hey if this was about teams that should finish the regular season well, then they should be around an 8 or a 9.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2016, 02:36 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: [url=http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/page/32for32x160125/rating-contender-status-30-nfl-teams-make-super-bowl][/url]

[Image: Marvin-Lewis.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2016, 10:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I am with Savage as long as we take care of the Center position and add to the team we already have.

Of course we need to stay healthy but that goes without saying.

And also a huge snowstorm hits Cincinnati during their home playoff game, trapping Marvin Lewis to a flagpole he decided to lick. Meanwhile Zimmer, who was going through some Skyline chili withdrawal and doing a long distance coney run gets trapped in Cincinnati from the snow and since nobody can find Lewis, they sign Zimmer to a never-heard-of-before one postseason coaching contract. He proceeds to lead the Bengals to the promised land.

...Or something like that.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2016, 05:58 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: You have to win a minimum of 2 playoff games to get in the Super Bowl, a minimum of 3 to actually win it... so yeah, that's probably why the Bengals aren't higher on their SB contender list. You have the world's worst playoff coach at the helm still, what would possibly make you think things will be different in 2016?

I got nothing.... I try my best to be an eternal optimist. And I mean it's not like we will lose every single PO game from here on out, right? 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote