Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rapesburger retiring??
https://amp.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000778548/article/ben-roethlisberger-not-committing-to-2017-season?networkId=4595&site=.news&zone=story&zoneUrl=url%3Dstory&zoneKeys=s1%3Dstory&env=&pageKeyValues=prtnr%3Daround-the-league%3Bteam%3Dpit%3Bconf%3Dafc%3Bdvsn%3Dacn%3Bplyr%3Dthomas_brady%3Bplyr%3Ddrew_brees%3Bplyr%3Dterrell_suggs&p.ct=Around+the+NFL&p.adsm=false&p.tcm=%23fff&p.bgc1m=%230964bf&p.bgc2m=%23053a74&sr=amp
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 02:20 PM)Jpoore Wrote: https://amp.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000778548/article/ben-roethlisberger-not-committing-to-2017-season?networkId=4595&site=.news&zone=story&zoneUrl=url%3Dstory&zoneKeys=s1%3Dstory&env=&pageKeyValues=prtnr%3Daround-the-league%3Bteam%3Dpit%3Bconf%3Dafc%3Bdvsn%3Dacn%3Bplyr%3Dthomas_brady%3Bplyr%3Ddrew_brees%3Bplyr%3Dterrell_suggs&p.ct=Around+the+NFL&p.adsm=false&p.tcm=%23fff&p.bgc1m=%230964bf&p.bgc2m=%23053a74&sr=amp

Not gonna happen.  Just more drama from the Drama Queen.  Now he will have the whole of Steeler Nation begging him to come back.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
1. Ben IS building drama. It's what he does.

2. Ben did not have a fantastic AFC title game. He had a classic "do nothing when it counts, then pad your meaningless stats" type of game.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
This is just like how he gets sacked or throws an interception...lays on the ground...limps off the field...limps back in a quarter later...then the limp is suddenly gone.
Reply/Quote
Yep, just wants the attention.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
As everyone else has already said, this is drama. 0% chance he retires. Seems like a pretty good way to get even more calls to go your way next year though. Refs think it could be your last year and then all of the sudden you can do no wrong, ala ray Lewis and Peyton manning. He knows how the NFL works. Keep playing the game, Ben. Keep playing the game..

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 02:30 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: This is just like how he gets sacked or throws an interception...lays on the ground...limps off the field...limps back in a quarter later...then the limp is suddenly gone.

Kind of reminds me of Hill.
Reply/Quote
Exactly, what everybody says is spot on. Drama Queen in action once again.

Just look at me crap. Probably wants the theme to Rocky played when he announces he's coming back.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 02:30 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: This is just like how he gets sacked or throws an interception...lays on the ground...limps off the field...limps back in a quarter later...then the limp is suddenly gone.

Or doesn't practice for part of the week with undisclosed injury. But when he comes back to play in a game, he's "such a tough guy." Makes me sick.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
There's no way. Bell is injury prone...too bad for them.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Agreed. More drama that will be forgotten about in a month or so.

It would be nice though if he retired. All those WR's with nobody to throw it to them.
Reply/Quote
Just an attention ***** attention-whoring. Nothing to see here.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 03:02 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Agreed. More drama that will be forgotten about in a month or so.

It would be nice though if he retired. All those WR's with nobody to throw it to them.

Yeah.  Without Ben, the Steelers are decidedly average.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Ben is a drama queen no doubt, but I think he knows his window is closing at 35.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I'm taking the other side on this one, I think he is considering it. He will be 35 in March and is always hurts. Guys today are starting to retire earlier it seems, especially guys who are hurt often. AB could be on his way out based on all of the locker room issues going on and Bell wants paid top money but is always hurt. Cap will be an issue here soon for them as these skill guys all want paid meaning the band will break up sooner than later. I think he is actually considering it, but I'm not sure he does it. I think it is coming within the next couple years though.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 03:04 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Ben is a drama queen no doubt, but I think he knows his window is closing at 35.

Agreed. He has sustained a lot of major injuries if I was him I would consider it. He kind of struck me as one of the players who would play until the wheels fell off though.
Reply/Quote
PFT pointed out that Ben would have to return around $20 million in bonus money if he retired now. Just more proof that Ben is full of crap. I'm more interested in the rumor that the Steelers may trade AB, but I doubt that happens either.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 03:12 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: PFT pointed out that Ben would have to return around $20 million in bonus money if he retired now. Just more proof that Ben is full of crap. I'm more interested in the rumor that the Steelers may trade AB, but I doubt that happens either.

I've been wondering how much blame he's been taking among his team mates for the facebook thing ?
Reply/Quote
Can't even wait 4 days after the steeler seasons ends without being an attention seeking drama queen. Can't wait until the season starts for the yearly Roethisberger BS? 
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 03:06 PM)Au165 Wrote: I'm taking the other side on this one, I think he is considering it. He will be 35 in March and is always hurts. Guys today are starting to retire earlier it seems, especially guys who are hurt often. AB could be on his way out based on all of the locker room issues going on and Bell wants paid top money but is always hurt. Cap will be an issue here soon for them as these skill guys all want paid meaning the band will break up sooner than later. I think he is actually considering it, but I'm not sure he does it. I think it is coming within the next couple years though.

I was thinking along these lines, but maybe its a threat to the franchise if they do decide to punish Brown. I really dont see them doing shit to Brown but you never know.
Reply/Quote