Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Rapien and Pike lay it out
https://youtu.be/zV1XAfTbFL4

And...they agree almost to the letter with what some of us have been saying - the issue with the offense is not the players it is the coaching and the game planning and situational football.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
So is three wins then because of the playing calling ? or just the 2 losses? just wondering... coaches can't execute.. it is not just coaching, players are accountable also... the bengals have actually done a nice overall job of not playing behind the sticks, i read the article in paper today, they have averaged 3rd and 6 overall on 3rd downs which is a good percentage but we rank like 23rd in 3rd down efficiency... if both coaches and players more the bar 10 to 15 percent on 3rd down.. we are easily sitting at 4-1...
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2021, 05:05 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: So is three wins then because of the playing calling ? or just the 2 losses? just wondering...

I'm assuming the 3 wins were IN SPITE of the play-calling.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2021, 05:08 PM)Tomkat Wrote: I'm assuming the 3 wins were IN SPITE of the play-calling.

Yes, and they clearly state this.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2021, 05:05 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: So is three wins then because of the playing calling ? or just the 2 losses? just wondering...  coaches can't execute.. it is not just coaching, players are accountable also... the bengals have actually done a nice overall job of not playing behind the sticks, i read the article in paper today, they have averaged 3rd and 6 overall on 3rd downs which is a good percentage but we rank like 23rd in 3rd down efficiency... if both coaches and players more the bar 10 to 15 percent on 3rd down.. we are easily sitting at 4-1...

Keep in mind that the Bengals have had the 2nd-easiest schedule so far, but they have the 2nd-hardest schedule the rest of the way.
That winning record may not stick around much longer.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2021, 05:10 PM)Joelist Wrote: Yes, and they clearly state this.

I rather hear it from actual Coaches analysis than a guy with a journalist degree and ex player QB that never coached.. but like i said... coaches fault when we lose, players reason when we win.. makes a lot of sense...
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2021, 04:28 PM)Joelist Wrote: https://youtu.be/zV1XAfTbFL4

And...they agree almost to the letter with what some of us have been saying - the issue with the offense is not the players it is the coaching and the game planning and situational football.

you mean our Eyeball test was accurate?
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2021, 05:05 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: So is three wins then because of the playing calling ? or just the 2 losses? just wondering...  coaches can't execute.. it is not just coaching, players are accountable also... the bengals have actually done a nice overall job of not playing behind the sticks, i read the article in paper today, they have averaged 3rd and 6 overall on 3rd downs which is a good percentage but we rank like 23rd in 3rd down efficiency... if both coaches and players more the bar 10 to 15 percent on 3rd down.. we are easily sitting at 4-1...

3rd and 6 is probably a couple yards more than you want for average. Third and short has been a real problem, whether it was the oline not being able to get a good push or just some wacky Zac call. 

I guess one positive that can be taken from this is, it's abundantly clear where the problems are on the offense, so they should be able to be diagnosed and corrected. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2021, 05:19 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Keep in mind that the Bengals have had the 2nd-easiest schedule so far, but they have the 2nd-hardest schedule the rest of the way.
That winning record may not stick around much longer.

Things change throughout the year. The Raiders don't look as tough right now, the 49ers don't, Cleveland being a divisional foe is helpful. I think they can hang with the Chargers at home. Denver and KC aren't automatic losses right now. 

Having 5 of the last 8 at home helps. That and health going forward. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2021, 05:27 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Things change throughout the year. The Raiders don't look as tough right now, the 49ers don't, Cleveland being a divisional foe is helpful. I think they can hang with the Chargers at home. Denver and KC aren't automatic losses right now. 

Having 5 of the last 8 at home helps. That and health going forward. 

I get it, but it's not a foregone conclusion that the Bengals will have a winning record. They have a tough schedule still, and it's still relatively likely they won't get more than 8 wins this season.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2021, 05:19 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I rather  hear it from actual Coaches analysis than a guy with a journalist degree and ex player QB that never coached.. but like i said... coaches fault when we lose, players reason when we win.. makes a lot of sense...

Why are coaches the only ones that can tell you what is right and what is wrong?

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2021, 05:29 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Why are coaches the only ones that can tell you what is right and what is wrong?

Also it isn't like Rapien and Pike are alone with this. It already started last year and early this year but ever since Green Bay we are seeing more and more football media/coaches/commentators saying the same things. They are pointing out how Taylor has never directed a high scoring offense in his entire pro and collegiate career, that the offense uses almost no misdirection or changeups and just lines up and expects everyone to win their matchups, the extreme predictability of the play from the formation and so on. 
Reply/Quote
Rapien still looks like he's in middle school Ninja
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2021, 05:10 PM)Joelist Wrote: Yes, and they clearly state this.

Sorry.  I'm at work and can't watch YouTube.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2021, 05:29 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I get it, but it's not a foregone conclusion that the Bengals will have a winning record. They have a tough schedule still, and it's still relatively likely they won't get more than 8 wins this season.

Def not foregone. Looking at what's coming up, if they can beat Det and NYJ, it's likely they lose to the Ravens. If they can pull out the W at home against Cleveland, they set up ok for the first half of the second half of the season: Raiders, Steelers, Chargers, 49ers (3 at home). If they're able to make some hay there, it will help with the gauntlet they have to end the year: @Denver, Ravens, Chiefs, @Browns. 

I think there's some potential there, as long as Zac can figure out a way to stop making it more difficult. 

Of course, this is quite an optimistic take...

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2021, 06:15 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Def not foregone. Looking at what's coming up, if they can beat Det and NYJ, it's likely they lose to the Ravens. If they can pull out the W at home against Cleveland, they set up ok for the first half of the second half of the season: Raiders, Steelers, Chargers, 49ers (3 at home). If they're able to make some hay there, it will help with the gauntlet they have to end the year: @Denver, Ravens, Chiefs, @Browns. 

I think there's some potential there, as long as Zac can figure out a way to stop making it more difficult. 

Of course, this is quite an optimistic take...

I see an 8 win season there.

3 Already
+Lions
+Jets
+Steelers again
+Raiders
+49ers

Raiders was a bit more iffy a week or so ago, but I don't know how they'll react to their HC being both awful and fired.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Man people here must think really highly of our players if they think Zac and Co are this bad. I mean we’re 3-2 with two losses by 3 points each. And had several chances to beat GB if the players execute. This team is so good they can blow countless chances against the packers, burrow can gift the packers the ball AND overcome the worst coaches ever to still barely lose by 3 at the end of OT. Must be the greatest collection of talent of ALL TIME! What a job done by Mike and Duke?!?! If it weren’t for the bum coaches we’d be 20-0 and Super Bowl champs this year
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2021, 05:20 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: you mean our Eyeball test was accurate?

Only the blind poo poo the eyeball test...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2021, 05:19 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I rather  hear it from actual Coaches analysis than a guy with a journalist degree and ex player QB that never coached.. but like i said... coaches fault when we lose, players reason when we win.. makes a lot of sense...

Depends on the player..... sometimes they lose every game, but never won any of em. Ninja

There's gotta be a scapegoat. It's more the coaching than the lack of execution probably, but we've also had a four turnover game, and missed some game winners in one game. That's definitely execution. Coaches don't tell players to go throw it straight to the LB.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2021, 06:58 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Man people here must think really highly of our players if they think Zac and Co are this bad. I mean we’re 3-2 with two losses by 3 points each. And had several chances to beat GB if the players execute. This team is so good they can blow countless chances against the packers, burrow can gift the packers the ball AND overcome the worst coaches ever to still barely lose by 3 at the end of OT. Must be the greatest collection of talent of ALL TIME! What a job done by Mike and Duke?!?! If it weren’t for the bum coaches we’d be 20-0 and Super Bowl champs this year

Yeah, kinda my point. The team has definitely improved at really every facet. We beat the turds that have beaten us a time or two over the last few years. There are some head scratching calls at times. However, there has been some poor play that has resulted in at least one loss. I don't care who ya are....if you turn it over four times on the road in this league, you're likely to lose. No one coaches players to throw picks sixes or fumble the ball away.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote