Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rapien says we should consider Bijan Robinson
(02-27-2023, 12:29 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: He should be able to help the run game so I’d be all for it. That’s what Burrow needs more than good protection, a good run game to fall back on

A good running game doesn't help you in a championship game when it's 3rd and 8 and you're on your own 40 with a minute and change left in the game. 

Protection does.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Robinson will be long gone before we pick at 28.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2023, 12:29 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: He should be able to help the run game so I’d be all for it. That’s what Burrow needs more than good protection, a good run game to fall back on

There's nothing Burrow needs more than good protection.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I've mentioned wanting Robinson in other threads but there is still a need to sure up the OL. I think he's gone before pick 28.
Reply/Quote
I’d take Robinson in a heartbeat if he was there. Yes we need OL help too obviously but I think a dynamic running back would add another dimension to this offense. I would consider Bigsby in the 3rd also. He’s underrated and looks great on film.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2023, 10:56 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Tee tested bad in the 40. Teams drafting late in 1 like the Bills who were in need of a receiver passed on him because of that.

Assuming Bijan Robinson tests well, he’s probably a top 15 pick even at RB

Sometimes teams clearly put too much stock in the 40, like us with John Ross and like the Bills who passed on Tee Higgins.

Even the best RB's can fall now a days. This isn't out of the question anymore.

Agree, Bijan has GREAT vision something I haven't been impressed with at times with Mixon. But protection is essential for us.
Reply/Quote
Mixon/Perine ran the ball 305 times and were thrown to 126 times. The Bengals are already taking the ball out of Burrow's hands. Don't you think the Bengals should get a better return on 43% of their snaps by having a better RB?
Reply/Quote
Robinson ran a 4.46 40, good for 6th place among RBs.
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2023, 11:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I've heard that on tomorrow's show Rapien is going to say we should consider Jalen Carter if he falls to 28.

Paul's nephew won't be there at 28 unless there's a video of him smoking pot with a gas mask released on Draft Day

This post is now quite ironic
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-24-2023, 05:06 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: If they can address the o-line in free agency, then it would be insane not to seriously consider Robinson if he fell into your lap at 28. You would be getting the best RB prospect in years and a top 5 overall talent in this draft. Would just be too good to pass up, IMO. 

This is what I'm really, really, hoping for. If they get one upper level Oline. I don't mean top TOP shelf stud all-pro for a gazillion dollars. Just a decent not over the hill guy, it will free up our draft by leaps and bounds.

Then I would run to the podium to take Robinson.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2023, 07:28 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Robinson ran a 4.47 40, good for 6th (tie) place among RBs.

Pretty dang good, not great, but not bad either. I think Bijan will be taken ahead of us now pretty sure, but you never know...

(03-05-2023, 07:50 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: This is what I'm really, really, hoping for. If they get one upper level Oline. I don't mean top TOP shelf stud all-pro for a gazillion dollars. Just a decent not over the hill guy, it will free up our draft by leaps and bounds.

Then I would run to the podium to take Robinson.

For sure, just get a proven Vet to free up the Draft a bit and I am happy. George Fant or Eluemunor are RT's that could do the job.

Shouldn't be too expensive either.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2023, 12:58 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: A good running game doesn't help you in a championship game when it's 3rd and 8 and you're on your own 40 with a minute and change left in the game. 

Protection does.

A good running game also requires the O-line to be able to open up holes.  If the Bengals O-line doesnt do a better job this next season, it wont matter much who is at RB.  I agree, O-line has to be taken care of first
Reply/Quote
Rapien also stated on the most recent podcast, he believes D will be the first pick
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2023, 10:17 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I've mentioned wanting Robinson in other threads but there is still a need to sure up the OL. I think he's gone before pick 28.

Yeah he's gone for sure, even in a deep class.  He's a real weapon in the passing game and a bell cow.  
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2023, 10:50 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Rapien also stated on the most recent podcast, he believes D will be the first pick

3-tech or Edge?
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 03:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: 3-tech or Edge?

Or CB. He didn't break it down just said D would be where he bets we went.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 04:52 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Or CB. He didn't break it down just said D would be where he bets we went.

I could see Corner as well. As we all know, you can never have enough Corners and in the Draft that is a great investment as top 
Corners get real expensive once proven. Plus Chido coming off his injury and Apple being a FA.
Reply/Quote